• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well there's not a problem all around but look at Japan for example last time I checked in the other starts they were a theocracy also there are parts that have no ruler at all and can't be selected to play. There may be other issue but that's the stuff I know
Oh yea, I didn't notice that. Huh.

I just downloaded the mod a few hours ago and could play an OG start in India. What's wrong with the earlier bookmarks?

You can play any start dates technically, but the history hasn't been filled out yet so there will be missing characters and incorrect borders.

I noticed that the Chinese use decadence, but they're Feudal. Were feudal governments changed to enable decadence? Why weren't the Chinese given their own government type, like Iqta, with decadence and other functions?

It's the simplest way to do it for now. It is something to consider for future release.

I am really garbage at making events but I've done some good graphical work. I'm redoing all the Korean coats of arms because they aren't historical and use Hangul. Hangul was invented in 1444. I'll be using folk legends and coat of arms. like: http://www.samnamilbo.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=101 or
http://m.blog.naver.com/wonju_city/70141536062

I want to get back to making events and looking through your events I see you use flags allot. Is this is the best way because I thought I could simply use the trigger_only clause to just get my events to fire back-to-back. Also I get my events to fire up with text, pictures, options but the results are me getting traits I never asked for. Is this a CK2 response to bad code, has this happened similarly to anyone?

I am really garbage at making events but I've done some good graphical work. I'm redoing all the Korean coats of arms because they aren't historical and use Hangul. Hangul was invented in 1444. I'll be using folk legends and coat of arms. like: http://www.samnamilbo.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=101 or
http://m.blog.naver.com/wonju_city/70141536062

Yes, I agree! My friend and I noticed it when we were trying it out. I don't think it's necessary to do a whole lot for counties (look at Europe for example), but if there are to be writings for anything, it should be Hanja instead.

If you make replacement coat of arms, it would be greatly appreciated!

I want to get back to making events and looking through your events I see you use flags allot. Is this is the best way because I thought I could simply use the trigger_only clause to just get my events to fire back-to-back. Also I get my events to fire up with text, pictures, options but the results are me getting traits I never asked for. Is this a CK2 response to bad code, has this happened similarly to anyone?

I am not an expert on script writing, since I mostly do copy-pastes or just make random garbage until something fires. So if an event is written by me, they are just copy-paste from vanilla tailored to suit whatever I was doing at the time.

It's the simplest way to do it for now. It is something to consider for future release.
Yea that makes sense. K cool.
I'm learning how to mod so if you're looking for a hand with that let me know. (But I'm super busy with school and liable to drop off the face of the internet for weeks at a time, so there's that :rolleyes:)

I downloaded the new version of the mod and ran it. I saved it as an observer mode though.

Just tried it and yes, it is totally broken. I have no idea why or how this happened. I asked in the Quick Questions thread and would appreciate any help from whoever is knowledgeable in this area.

Is it just saving it in observer mode breaks it, or playing it regularly breaks it?

I believe it breaks in general.

Does everyone has the issue with CTD on retire(quit to main menu) or load game? For me it happens every time. This was my first installation of the mod.

Yes, they are known issues which the team is trying really hard to resolve (the save one, at least).

I really love that you guys are making this mod. Tis a shame the save games aren't working yet; but I'm looking forward to when this is finished. I cant wait to do a Ainu conquest of Japan!

Yes, I agree! My friend and I noticed it when we were trying it out. I don't think it's necessary to do a whole lot for counties (look at Europe for example), but if there are to be writings for anything, it should be Hanja instead.

If you make replacement coat of arms, it would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah I'll do this. Hanja for counties and pictures for dukedoms.

I'll try your technique with the events. Thanks.

Been a while that I logged in to this forum, but this mod had been on my watch list and now I'm going to check it out, finally! Will keep an eye on the progress, looks great!

Btw. thanks for putting me on the credit list (I remade most of the Umbra map back in the day)!

Development Diary 7: Viking Age (The Old Gods)
Development Diary 7: Viking Age (The Old Gods)

Hello everyone, it has been a while since the last dev diary and update.

This will be the first out of many dev diaries about bookmarks and how we are expanding the support from the vanilla 1066 start date to other interesting ones. As you may have guessed it from the title, this will be a short entry about the Viking Age, previously known as The Old Gods.

ZxNhSJG.jpg

While the Vikings wrecked havoc and the Karlings fought against each other in the Occident; in the Orient, things were a bit more settled down though not much better. In China, the Tang who had brought about the Golden Age was now in major decline after suffering incompetent rulers and the embarrassing Ganlu incident for the Emperor. In the Korean peninsular, the Kingdoms of Balhae and Silla are still at a stalemate, neither making any gains against each other. In Tibet, the mighty Tibetan Empire has collapsed with the last Emperor assassinated bringing in the Era of Fragmentation. In the Steppes, the powerful Uygher Empire of Mongolia has fallen, paving way to other Horse Lords including the Khitans.

Though it is not much in terms of mechanics, I hope you enjoyed this. So as of this dev diary, the Viking Age (The Old Gods) will be fully supported alongside Stamford Bridge bookmark. Although it should be obvious, you do require The Old God DLC to play this start date.

Download:
Version 4.0.0
Updated Content Pack

Another bookmark to play around in should be fun. Now I just need to conquer Japan as Vikings...

I understand that, if this ever happens (which it probably won't), it won't happen for a while, however, if you ever decide to change the map, there is a really good projection that has the Swahili Coast as well as all of Eurasia.
Two-point-equidistant-asia.jpg

Of course, this map does have problems (half the map is at a 90° angle, and it doesn't include Mali [though I personally don't think that's too much of a loss, plus it could probably be fixed by shifting the map southwest to get rid of much of Siberia]), but I believe that a modified version of this map would be interesting in the far future of this mod, seeing how the Swahili Coast interacted extensively with the Middle East, India, Indonesia, and China.