• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

moscal

Field Marshal
55 Badges
Jan 6, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
1. Archipelagos
Generator RNW most often creates great continents and large islands. Generally, the arrangement is not conducive to colonialism, because the marine distance between Europe and the New World is too big. Therefore, I propose that the generator can create a small islands and/or archipelagos between Europe and the New World, and between the continents of the New World, to speed up colonization (Island-Hopping).

2. More gold and exotic goods
My experience with generator says there is not enough gold or exotic goods in the RNW. Ignoring empty provinces - very little provinces controlled by the civilized countries have exotic goods or golds.

3. Concentration of land states with religions of pre-Columbian civilizations
States type of Nahuatl, the Mayans, the Inti, conquests need to reform, expansion and existence (eg. war to reduction doom or DOOMSDAY). I often see, when one country (Nahuatl) is on the island and the others (too Nahuatl) are on the continent. So this single state is destroyed by doomsday. General, it could do with a restriction that the state of these religions must have a neighbor of the same religion.

4. American empires start as full reformed religion
As before - these empires have a high problem with the reforms. They are often alone on the continent.

5. American empires as formable nations if RNW is actived
It is totally for fun. Obsidian, Burning and Crismon Empires with individual flag and NI would give a nice and additional goal as RNW state. Several countries in fantastic scenarios could also be formable (eg. Atlantis)

6. Several countries as a constant
Interesting countries such as Vinland should have individual flag and NI; not totally random.

7. Suggestions for scenarios
A) Atlantis Remnants - greek provinces should have a higher development and many copper as often goods; greek culture changed to atlantean
B) Chinese Colony - chinese provinces should have a higher development and eastern goods (plus the probability of finding eastern goods in empty provinces on their continent)
C) Columbus was Right + Lemuria - hindu provinces should have a higher development and dyes or/and tropical wood as often goods
D) Heyerdahl was Right - egyptian provinces should have a higher development and many copper as often goods; egyptian culture changed to old egyptian
E) Lost Templar Fleet - francien/catholic/tengri provinces should have a higher development and many iron as often goods; If have "Cossacks" DLC can take for free catholicism as secondary religion
F) Lost Tribe - jewish provinces should have a higher development; syrian culture changed to aramaic or hebrew
G) Lost Balkans - serbians can use Cossacks estates
H) Order st. Joseph - english provinces should have a higher development
I) Secret Denmark - danish provinces should have a higher development; states as merchant republic
J) Vinland - Naval supplies as often goods,

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
8. New fantasy scenarios
A) North Slavs - novgorodian culture; many tribal federations; animist; often seen good - fur; continent northern, arctic (hypothetical group of Slavs)
B) Lost fleet Kublai Khan - close american tribes is tengri, mongol khanate (mongols ships, that survived the kamikaze, and landed in NW)
C) American hordes - totemist states as steppe nomads; many territories as steppe (other vision of political evolution american tribes)
D) Shangri-La - big and rich mahayana theocracy; many territories as mountains (Far East utopia)
E) Avalon island - anglo-saxon animist merchants republic placed on island (legendary island from arturians legends)
F) Legio IX - one roman oligarchic republic with big development and many highlander low development tribes (Legio IX was lost)
G) White Bear Empire - jan mayenese constitutional monarchy with empire rank

9. Fantastic formable postcolonial state
Normal formable colonial states are not available for obvious reasons. Several states formable, irrespective of the region's colonial, can be in game.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
As before - these empires have a high problem with the reforms. They are often alone on the continent.
I've yet to see a fantasy empire, but this sounds like a cool idea!

It is totally for fun. Obsidian, Burning and Crismon Empires with individual flag and NI would give a nice and additional goal as RNW state. Several countries in fantastic scenarios could also be formable (eg. Atlantis)
This, too, would be an interesting aspiration for playing in the RNW. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
2. More gold and exotic goods
Interesting countries such as Vinland should have individual flag and NI; not totally random.
B) Chinese Colony - chinese provinces should have a higher development and eastern goods (plus the probability of finding eastern goods in empty provinces on their continent)

Shameless self-promotion: Random New World Improvements has all of these things.

Isn't this already the case?

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I love to see suggestions for the RNW. I can't make any promises for things requiring changing the generation (that'd be something you'd want the opinion of @DDRJake for), however:

8. New fantasy scenarios
A) North Slavs - novgorodian culture; many tribal federations; animist; often seen good - fur; continent northern, arctic (hypothetical group of Slavs)
B) Lost fleet Kublai Khan - close american tribes is tengri, mongol khanate (mongols ships, that survived the kamikaze, and landed in NW)
C) American hordes - totemist states as steppe nomads; many territories as steppe (other vision of political evolution american tribes)
D) Shangri-La - big and rich mahayana theocracy; many territories as mountains (Far East utopia)
E) Avalon island - anglo-saxon animist merchants republic placed on island (legendary island from arturians legends)
F) Legio IX - one roman oligarchic republic with big development and many highlander low development tribes (Legio IX was lost)
G) White Bear Empire - jan mayenese constitutional monarchy with empire rank

Normal formable colonial states are not available for obvious reasons. Several states formable, irrespective of the region's colonial, can be in game.

I see no reason not to add more scenarios especially as stuff like this is a lot easier to implement than changes to the generation itself. I suggest a separate thread for suggestions about new fantasy scenarios.
The more of the info that is required to create a scenario you include the likelier they are to be implemented (as everything else priority can be higher if implementation is quicker) :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
I second the recommendation to include some of Elzephor's mod work into the base game.

I will also join in the shameless plugging and offer the contents of my own take on it: Better Random New World

Paradox is welcome to make use of the fantasy scenarios, High American-focused religious decisions, and institution tweaks included for the base game's RNW :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
It would be nice if Paradox has done few flavor for RNW. But IMO this should be the last thing to modernization RNW - base correction would be geography (archipelagos, Island-Hopping etc.), economy (engine of colonization was the gold rush and the new wealth - now we have many poor goods) and rationalization of the political map (for that have a reforms in religion).

Eg.
Roseland - colonial region have many farmlands as terrain; normal climate; european cultures
Arboscuro - colonial region have many jungle as terrain, tropical climate; iberian culture group
Littoretat - colonial region have coastline as terrain; latinians cultures group (french, iberian, italian etc.)

Last edited:
From this https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...to-the-ramdom-new-world.997835/#post-22393079

I love the concept of random new world though in my opinion you did not put enough effort on it, we do not have enough customisation option, here is what I would like and i think im not the only one :

- Choose the density of population in the new world ( empty, sparsely populated, populated, very populated or Random)
[I really dislike the fact that we cant choose the number of natives in the new world, in my opinion its not enough populated. And I talk about the major natives not those when you colonize provinces]

- Random new world type (Small islands, Big Island, Continents or Ramdom)
[I think its self explanatory, I just played on a random new world that generated 5 island, its a nightmare to manage ...]

- The possibility to create Tags in new worlds (USA, Canada, Mexico and so on)

Plus my
-Choose number of countries in the RNW (now is based on scenarios, but, for me, it is often too little number)

Plus

Catho-tengrism (from Templar Order) are described as "Baphomet Cult". This syncretic faith have +1 Possible advisors
28px-Possible_advisors.png
and +1 Diplomatic reputation
28px-Diplomatic_reputation.png
. This, de facto, satanic cult, shouldn't have this bonuses. So maybe few decisions, changing them to a more aggressive and military religion.

I see no reason not to add more scenarios especially as stuff like this is a lot easier to implement than changes to the generation itself. I suggest a separate thread for suggestions about new fantasy scenarios.
The more of the info that is required to create a scenario you include the likelier they are to be implemented (as everything else priority can be higher if implementation is quicker) :)

I'll take the opportunity to suggest the Lost Slavs scenario should give those tags Slavic religion :p

I'll take the opportunity to suggest the Lost Slavs scenario should give those tags Slavic religion :p
And they could implement the Slavic religion in some Baltic provinces (Lithuania, Livonia).

I would love to see RNW get some love as it's always been such a great concept but sometimes gives you a wall of provinces or 200 islands. Some ideas:

El Dorado: Lots of gold provinces with Iberian culture
New Siberia: Russian cultures and Siberia tribes diverse resources
Purple Phoenix: Byzantine and Atlantean cultures
Sea of Lost cultures: ONLY cultures from the Lost Cultures group

I love to see suggestions for the RNW. I can't make any promises for things requiring changing the generation (that'd be something you'd want the opinion of @DDRJake for), however:

Would it be possible to use the generation process for Cossack states after they broke free to create rnadomly generated formable nations in the RNW both for native tags as well as colonies that broke free?

What I also note with later patches? Extremal great trade nodes! One or two trade nodes on whole continent... This should be reworked - num of trade nodes should be connected with num of provinces.

Pirates in RNW.

There should be maybe two events, who created pirate country in archipelagos or peninsulas. In scenarios, where have place non-primitive techgroups, they should work even in start.

Predefined ideas groups

Current often NI of many countries are stupid, non-practical (Lost Serbians with +piety modifier in start and as last bonus to create PI). Predefined groups for maybe 80% whole group os countries; 20% rest should have normal random NI (BUT with limites).

RNW can be divided into zones. Zones closer to the "old world" would be island zones, while the "center" would be a zone of continents. Island zones will have individual islands or archipelagos. Zone of continents will have continents.

Why? Praxis. Isles and archipelagos will be helpful to "frog jumps" (because colonial range) both from east and west. And continents in central zone main for any standardization and rationalization of localization greater masses of lands.

Attachments

• trger.png
    trger.png
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
Colonial regions - often aren't rational located. Here example, one small continent is divided inter 3 CR's!

Trade nodes - normal New Worlds have 16 trade nodes. RNW often have few, with size of whole continents. This is terrible! Conflict for trade often cannot have place, because anybody have merchants in this same places (only 1). Additionally - investing in the number of merchants does not make sense.

Attachments

• eu4_4.png
    eu4_4.png
    1,5 MB · Views: 0