• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

co_damsku

Developer
1 Badges
Nov 22, 2010
  • 500k Club
Here are the changes in the 1.6.2-f1 Patch
  • Relaxation station DLC audio files are not included in the base game anymore
  • Fixed: User-made scenarios cannot be played without owning natural disasters DLC
  • Fixed: elevated road pillars disappearing when editing interchanges
  • Fixed: elevated road pillars no more treated as sub buildings when editing a building
  • Fixed: sub building now packed only once when used multiple times in a building
  • Fixed: sub building paths getting duplicated when saving a building
  • Fixed: Sub-buildings keep burning after main fire has been extinguished
  • Fixed: Scenario tab in new game panel is disabled when there are no scenarios available
Happy holidays!

Reactions:
Happy holidays to you guys at Colossal Order :)
Once you get back to work could you optimize the framerate a little bit. It's been much worse with 1.6.x than what it was in 1.4.x and 1.5.x. :confused:
For me it's 10-25 fps while viewing the city of 110 000 people and my GPU/CPU usage is hardly hitting 50%. That's with an 6700k & GTX970 & 16 GB RAM

Edit. The CPU shouldn't limit the framerate because when turning the camera to the sea it just about hits 60 fps. Right?

I second on the optimisation of frame rates, this game will be played for years by many and its important to maintain consistency in performance, it would be very nice if you guys fully concentrate on optimisation, i know i know there is no monetary value in dedicating all your time to optimize , i have bought all dlcs for this game and if you guys release an optimisation dlc il certainly buy it too !

Reactions:
I can only agree with everyone about frame rates...
Edit : c'est traduit sur le site... :) (translated)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Here are the changes in the 1.6.2-f1 Patch
  • Relaxation station DLC audio files are not included in the base game anymore
Aww, no more free music?
You'll just have to buy the Relaxation Station DLC now... if you like it though. There is no sample provided and no artist details for the tracks and so you'll be buying it without knowing what the music is like.
Jumping from one goof to another lol, one day you'll get it right ;)

Reactions:
Aww, no more free music?
You'll just have to buy the Relaxation Station DLC now... if you like it though. There is no sample provided and no artist details for the tracks and so you'll be buying it without knowing what the music is like.
the music's great if you like lounge, which i do

Meh, I was forced to listen to it when it was freely available on the Radio, I didn't like it and so I deleted it all. I've replaced it all with my own music.
fair enough, but i think they described it in enough detail to give you an idea whether you'd like it or not

fair enough, but i think they described it in enough detail to give you an idea whether you'd like it or not
Did you read what I said? I listened to the tracks for free. I didn't need a description, I heard every one of them.

Did you read what I said? I listened to the tracks for free. I didn't need a description, I heard every one of them.

you said, 'so you'll be buying it without knowing what the music is like.'

Reactions:
you said, 'so you'll be buying it without knowing what the music is like.'
Lol and this is what happens when you reply with quotes from a different post ;)
This is the situation...
I use this mod,
CSL Music Mod
A Workshop Item for Cities: Skylines
By: mrnotsoevil
Compatible with Natural Disasters With CSL Music Mod you can add your own radio stations into the game and extend the existing ones.

With this mod I am able to play any of my own tracks that have been converted to .ogg format. The mod will read and play any unused sound file it finds within the Cities Skylines directory. Paradox/CO shipped out the Relaxation Station DLC audio files with the update on 30/11/2016. This means the mod was able to play and I was able to listen to the Relaxation tracks for free, whether I wanted to listen or not ;)
They have addressed this goof on their part now, with this latest patch,
Relaxation station DLC audio files are not included in the base game anymore
So, fortunately for me, these audio files are no longer accessible to the mod and I don't have to delete them.
My remark that you quoted is for anyone else that may consider purchasing.
This isn't an optimal solution imo. If you are going to sell audio, then you should at the very least provide a sample. No matter how detailed the written description is, only a sample will provide an accurate impression upon the would be consumer. Every reputable retailer of audio does this, for the very reason that it will improve sales.
It also fulfills the caveat venditor responsibility on the part of the retailer and allows for the caveat emptor responsibility on the part of the purchaser. Thus, it is also a legal facilitator that works far better than a written description can provide.
To attempt to sell audio without a sample is a marketing error almost as bad as the first one they made ;)

Last edited:
Lol and this is what happens when you reply with quotes from a different post ;)
This is the situation...
I use this mod,
CSL Music Mod
A Workshop Item for Cities: Skylines
By: mrnotsoevil
Compatible with Natural Disasters With CSL Music Mod you can add your own radio stations into the game and extend the existing ones.

With this mod I am able to play any of my own tracks that have been converted to .ogg format. The mod will read and play any unused sound file it finds within the Cities Skylines directory. Paradox/CO shipped out the Relaxation Station DLC audio files with the update on 30/11/2016. This means the mod was able to play and I was able to listen to the Relaxation tracks for free, whether I wanted to listen or not ;)
They have addressed this goof on their part now, with this latest patch,

So, fortunately for me, these audio files are no longer accessible to the mod and I don't have to delete them.
My remark that you quoted is for anyone else that may consider purchasing.
This isn't an optimal solution imo. If you are going to sell audio, then you should at the very least provide a sample. No matter how detailed the written description is, only a sample will provide an accurate impression upon the would be consumer. Every reputable retailer of audio does this, for the very reason that it will improve sales.
It also fulfills the caveat venditor responsibility on the part of the retailer and allows for the caveat emptor responsibility on the part of the purchaser. Thus, it is also a legal facilitator that works far better than a written description can provide.
To attempt to sell audio without a sample is a marketing error almost as bad as the first one they made ;)
i believe PDX has sold quite a lot of music DLC's without providing previews first. we're talking about background gaming music, we're not selecting a song for our wedding dance. sure, previews are nice but i don't think they're essential

Aww, no more free music?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/547501/

sample is in the video, and author is listed in description.

Reactions:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/547501/

sample is in the video, and author is listed in description.
You're right! I was wrong.
There are three short samples from the 20 tracks. o_O
an hour of original music for use with the in-game radio stations composed by Tobias Gustavsson, composer of popular music packs for Europa Universalis IV and Crusader Kings II.
Providing a little more background of the artist would have been a lot more informative and enticing imo.
http://www.25media.net/tobiasgustavsson/
Different strokes for different folks. This is one DLC I'll not be purchasing.

Last edited: