• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So…what about Muslims and Pagans?
For example, when a pagan faith is reformed, would there be a new order founded?

I expected something about Islam too, even if something, a very little, is covered by previous mechanics.

No sufi orders?

Looks awesome! Why no Muslim societies, though?

I imagine we'll see those next week- Sufis weren't exactly monastic, after all :).

Reactions:
It seems unlikely that there will be a new holding type as it hasn't been mentioned, but at the very least these orders will be in the base game, which is better than the zero we have had until now. I still hope there will be some monastery feature for these orders. Something else which is hopefully the case is that the monastic order feature will be moddable so that new orders can be defined with unique features.

Reactions:
No Sufi orders? :(
Sufis are not monastic, there are no Sufi monks or monasteries. A devotee pledges allegiance to a Shaykh or Murshid, who then teaches them and provides salvation through intercession, but there is no requirement for Murids to live communally or in isolation.

Reactions:
No sufi orders?

No Sufi orders? :(

So…what about Muslims and Pagans?

I expected something about Islam too, even if something, a very little, is covered by previous mechanics.

I imagine we'll see those next week- Sufis weren't exactly monastic, after all :).

Sufis are not monastic, there are no Sufi monks or monasteries. A devotee pledges allegiance to a Shaykh or Murshid, who then teaches them and provides salvation through intercession, but there is no requirement for Murids to live communally or in isolation.
Agreed, something relating to Sufis is presumably in the DLC but makes more sense in the next diary.

Reactions:
The Dominicans are a mendicant order with vows of poverty just like the Franciscans, so there's no reason why it should be much different. Neither of them are monastic orders, anyway.

I feel the Cistercians would maybe have been a better choice than the Dominicans, also because they're much closer to the start date.

Kind of agree.

Yeah, cistercians are missing .

But I have a feeling there'll be mods for all possible orders...... if we can MOD those things.

Reactions:
Damn Royal Mail, I ordered Monks for CK2 years ago!

Reactions:
Some pics from the stream:
ffbe6322481c4a2fafec9b0f5e799e4a.png

22c47ce12ee84be997c60f4f7d378e7b.png

e9e1d5521abf4b6eb271da47ef6e5811.png

3cf796743d7d428380c242e176629e3b.png

47342aae55bf4c3fb7ac28f8629bd8ab.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Last edited:
Reactions:
Last edited:
Reactions:
What about Zoroastrians? In the years, both during and in twilight, of the Persian Empire, there were 2 leading orders (though not really monastic) that argued over the interpretation of the Zoroastrian Pantheon; the Mazdains (who focused on Ahura Mazda) and the Zurvanists (who foced on Ahura's and Angra's father, Zurvan). Having those 2 factions in Zoroastrianism would be great!

Reactions:
Will pagans and/or reformed pagans get monastic orders? Personally, I think only the reformed versions should get monastic orders except for maybe Tengri considering how that one is converted into EU4.

Reactions:
I hope these are well fleshed out, it would be nice to have added flavor for once to religions which goes deep. Also still no word on whether we can become monks or priests or whatever. I mean, I'm doubting it considering it hasn't been mentioned, but I can still hope

Nope.

Looks awesome!

Can we mod in Fransiscans ourselves?

Yup.

New portraits?

English and German are getting new pics.

How do you choose between those two Catholic orders?

They are both Open Societies, so there's a simple join button on the Society screen.

The Muslims do have Societies too (although not Sufis, sadly), they will be shown in future DDs.

Best dev diary of 2016. I have been wanting non-military monastic orders for years and years. Than you. <3

Btw, Franciscans would be cool too ... as would some competition mechanic among them.

And what happens to order membership if you go heretic? It drops, right?

Yes, Societies have certain triggers, which if are met will eject you from them. Heretics can only be member if they have flipped to controlling the religion.

@Darkrenown how moddable are these societies? Can we dynamically script them as coming into existance (say the colleges of Magic) And can we make societies that players can never join?

Very.
Not quite, but you can script them to be unjoinable/unseen until certain triggers are met, which should do basically the same thing. Societies always exist though.
Sure.

Reactions:
I think it has to be French portraits, hopefully. Norman is too small a group to justify having their own portraits. And also genetically and somewhat culturally there is very little difference between them and the French.

Reactions:
Please, more flavor for Orthodox!! And while you're at it, when are you going to stop pretending the Great Schism never happened? It is ridiculous in 769 AD that Rome and Constantinople are separate. Bring Chalcedonian Christianity!

Reactions: