• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nope. Those so-called holy books are subject to later changes and/or interpretations and annotations which cause a discourse tradition. This tradition can become so strong it overshadows the original message. Theology is pretty aware of problem of mutation, that is why everyone tries to find the earliest scriptures possible, as they are assumed to be void of later intrusions.
Doesn't matter what the content is. Holy books, traditions, secular laws . . . People (especially those with power) will try to use it to further their own ends, regardless of whether those goals are compatible with the original content/intent.

Reactions:
Since the theme is monks & mystics can we add that pop-up screen you get to name your kids for characters who become monks or nuns? From what I know people generally chose a new name when they took holy vows.

And for something off topic (but came to mind when reading bits of the thread) how about introducing orders of chivalry? Or is it too early in the timeline for it?

Since the theme is monks & mystics can we add that pop-up screen you get to name your kids for characters who become monks or nuns? From what I know people generally chose a new name when they took holy vows.

And for something off topic (but came to mind when reading bits of the thread) how about introducing orders of chivalry? Or is it too early in the timeline for it?
Not for the order of saint George I think, but it's the first of it's kind.

Anyone know if this new DLC will be out before Christmas? Also, anyone know if this DLC will add new Steam achievements?
Don't think so, they will be on Christmas vacations within 10 days.

Reactions: