UPDATED 08/10/19 - Forum is being unlocked! (Connect your Steam account to sync your Owned Items!)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tech support and bug reports are only for people who have successfully synced that game. So if you want to check, you can try going to the tech support forum of the game you are trying to register and see if you can get in. If you can't - it didn't work; if you can - it did.

If you're having issues you can attempt resyncing, logging off/on, or submitting a ticket with support.

Thing is I've always been able to get into Tech Supposrt and Bug forums. But I got an email from Paradox which said this...

"Greetings!
You are getting this email as you have an inactive Paradox Interactive forum account."

They seem to be telling me my account isn't merged, and you tell me it *IS* Merged, which leaves me tearing my hair out by the roots and wondering "WHICH is it?"

Thing is I've always been able to get into Tech Supposrt and Bug forums. But I got an email from Paradox which said this...

"Greetings!
You are getting this email as you have an inactive Paradox Interactive forum account."

They seem to be telling me my account isn't merged, and you tell me it *IS* Merged, which leaves me tearing my hair out by the roots and wondering "WHICH is it?"
Okay, that isn't about syncing with steam (as far as I am aware). That is a different issue and you should definitely fill out a ticket so support can help you tomorrow.

Okay, that isn't about syncing with steam (as far as I am aware). That is a different issue and you should definitely fill out a ticket so support can help you tomorrow.
It's a completely different issue indeed. Though IIRC from the thread on it then you can't post on the fora if you aren't merged (and haven't been able to since before the migration) so if you can post now you should be safe from getting placeholdered in two weeks.

It's a completely different issue indeed. Though IIRC from the thread on it then you can't post on the fora if you aren't merged (and haven't been able to since before the migration) so if you can post now you should be safe from getting placeholdered in two weeks.

I'd like to think so. But if I've learned anything in this life, it's never to assume anything, and I would hate to wake up on 12/16/16, and learn I can't post on this forum because we assumed incorrectly. Beside, if my account was merged, I shouldn't have gotten this email from PDox.

Here's what it said in its entirety...

Greetings!
You are getting this email as you have an inactive Paradox Interactive forum account. 18 months ago we migrated our forum to a new platform and users are now required to merge their forum account with a Paradox Interactive Account if they wish to participate in discussions on our forum.

As you've not done this yet we wanted to inform you that if you do not do this before December 12th 2016 your forum account will be deleted and this means that:

• Your forum account will no longer exist after December 12th 2016
  • Your forum name will be up for grabs
  • All posting history and private messages will be lost
  • All Your forum icons will be lost
  • Once the account is deleted it will be impossible for us to recover it
If you wish to keep your forum account please follow these steps:

1. Go to https://www.paradoxplaza.com
  2. Click "Create a Paradox Account" at the top
  3. Fill out the required details
  4. When done check your email inbox to verify your Paradox Account
  5. Go to https://forum.paradoxplaza.com
  6. If not already signed in, click the "Sign In" button at the top right
  7. Click the "Sign up now!" button
  8. Click "I already have a Paradox Account”
  9. Enter your forum name (if it doesn't already appear) and click Merge
  10. Congratulations, your forum account is once again active :)!
We also have a guide on how you merge your account (with pictures!) on our Helpdesk (you can read the article here). Should you experience any problems with this process please contact our Helpdesk and explain in detail the issue you are experiencing and you will be helped as soon as possible.

Please note that this is the only mail we will send you about this and you will not be contacted in the future unless you merge your account and subscribe to our newsletter.

As far as I understood you'd just get a placeholder name, but I might be mistaken.
@TinyWiking didn't you say that posts wouldn't be deleted from old threads?

I've been running through the merging process repeatedly, and they never send me the confirming email, so I can't be sure if there's a bug, or if I've already done it, because I thought I had merged my account ages ago.

Well lets wait for Tinywiking; as mentioned I'm 99..99% sure that if you can post now you are merged. And 99% sure that if you have posted since the migration you are merged. Tinywiking is the latter true?

Well lets wait for Tinywiking; as mentioned I'm 99..99% sure that if you can post now you are merged. And 99% sure that if you have posted since the migration you are merged. Tinywiking is the latter true?
One issue we are seeing is that people had more than one account. They had the e-mail associated with one of them forward to the e-mail they use for the main account. It then looks like they are getting the mail for their main account they use now, when in reality the message was for an old account they may no longer use or be aware of. Keep in mind we have rules against having more than one account, just one more reason for that rule. :)

One issue we are seeing is that people had more than one account. They had the e-mail associated with one of them forward to the e-mail they use for the main account. It then looks like they are getting the mail for their main account they use now, when in reality the message was for an old account they may no longer use or be aware of. Keep in mind we have rules against having more than one account, just one more reason for that rule. :)
Can you answer whether posts will be deleted when you do this? TinyWiking said when this was announced that it wouldn't happen, but that email which was posted seemed to allude to something else.
So has something changed or will old posts still remain?

Because giving that merging only has been a thing for something like 3 years just deleting posts would mess up really really much. For instance many of the older games would lose most of their support, discussion, and mod thread. Parts of the "History of PI" thread might also be in danger, since I think Regina and not just Johan was behind compiling it.
Not to mention that some threads in OT are time documents by now; e.g. the 9/11 thread which was started something like 7 minutes after the second tower was hit.

Thing is, I don't remember making more than one account...

Doesn't this indicate name changes?
It means that if your account isn't merged before the 12th that account will have its name scrambled and when you then attempt the merge you will be prompted to enter a new name. All merged accounts will not experience this. Oh, and before you ask "why can't I have a name change?", it's because of reasons that will become clear in the near future ;).

Reactions:
It means that if your account isn't merged before the 12th that account will have its name scrambled and when you then attempt the merge you will be prompted to enter a new name. All merged accounts will not experience this.
Thank you for the answer!

Oh, and before you ask "why can't I have a name change?", it's because of reasons that will become clear in the near future ;).
I've been around for long enough to not ask that anyway. :p

It means that if your account isn't merged before the 12th that account will have its name scrambled and when you then attempt the merge you will be prompted to enter a new name. All merged accounts will not experience this. Oh, and before you ask "why can't I have a name change?", it's because of reasons that will become clear in the near future ;).
So things hasn't changed and old posts won't be deleted?
(The part of the email posted here where it was said that post history would be lost indicated that posts would be deleted, which in my opinion would be really detrimental. Hence why I got in doubt whether things had changed.)

Posts from accounts that are unmerged come December 12th will still be around but the name will be the scrambled one. Deleting old threads from unmerged accounts could wreck havoc with the forum :p.

Reactions:
Deleting old threads from unmerged accounts could wreck havoc with the forum :p.
Indeed.
And even for posts in the middle of threads it could still create havoc. So good to hear that the plan still is to not delete any posts. Probably was just a poor wording of that email then.
Good to know that I don't have to backup things like the forum museum then; had any posts been deleted I'd probably have had to do that and then repost it after the 12th since the forum museum is useful, but it would have been quite a bit of work doing it so good that it won't be necessary.