• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chaneyi

Private
16 Badges
Nov 14, 2016
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • Starvoid
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
So, I have been playing around with the different factions and did not turn out happy with either the Dishonored, nor the Scarlet Chorus.
Now - I am looking at the two alternate paths. I know that you can get Bleden Mark to plead his allegiance to the PC but is this possible only when doing the solo/anarchic route or also if one attempts to walk down the rebel path?

Any hints on this would be appreciated. If the answer is out there, I apologize for an extra post. So far I have mainly seen references to solo/rebel when it came to Mark which didn't really answer the question.

So, I have been playing around with the different factions and did not turn out happy with either the Dishonored, nor the Scarlet Chorus.
Now - I am looking at the two alternate paths. I know that you can get Bleden Mark to plead his allegiance to the PC but is this possible only when doing the solo/anarchic route or also if one attempts to walk down the rebel path?

Any hints on this would be appreciated. If the answer is out there, I apologize for an extra post. So far I have mainly seen references to solo/rebel when it came to Mark which didn't really answer the question.
I'm pretty sure, you only get him on anarchy. He gets noticeably frosty if you side with the rebels and actively seeks you out that you might explain what the hell your thinking. More so than the other paths even. It's next to impossible to really get the favour you need with him outside of the anarchy playthrough, you just get to talk to him enough to build up favour.

I'm pretty sure, you only get him on anarchy. He gets noticeably frosty if you side with the rebels and actively seeks you out that you might explain what the hell your thinking. More so than the other paths even. It's next to impossible to really get the favour you need with him outside of the anarchy playthrough, you just get to talk to him enough to build up favour.

well, favor 5 rebel path - he still dont want to side with me ;(

That's interesting Mark acts frosty if you side with rebels? I mean in the anarchy route you are still with tunon and kyros since you also deal with the rebels in order to do it. It seems mark really does dislike nerat and ashe I bet he is wondering why kyros has not told him to murder them yet. Well I assume he knows because they are quite "loyal" per his words.

Honestly from all I hear of other routes I think Anarchy is my favorite you have more ways to handle certain situations and I like mark ALOT I feel he is the only npc he gives us some decent well small insight about what is going on and I like tunon the fact we can remain BFF's on the Anarchy path makes me like it even more.

Plus mark considers the court some weird family anyway even if he strains against Tunon sometimes.

That's interesting Mark acts frosty if you side with rebels? I mean in the anarchy route you are still with tunon and kyros since you also deal with the rebels in order to do it. It seems mark really does dislike nerat and ashe I bet he is wondering why kyros has not told him to murder them yet. Well I assume he knows because they are quite "loyal" per his words.

Honestly from all I hear of other routes I think Anarchy is my favorite you have more ways to handle certain situations and I like mark ALOT I feel he is the only npc he gives us some decent well small insight about what is going on and I like tunon the fact we can remain BFF's on the Anarchy path makes me like it even more.

Plus mark considers the court some weird family anyway even if he strains against Tunon sometimes.
Yeah, THe rebel path, you can flirt with the idea of unifying the tiersman as loyal subjects of Kyros but it never really plays out that way. Each of the factions, chorus & disfavoured are a little too subservient and narrow in focus for me. Anarchy does seem to be the best, you get to visit all the locations, deal with all the edicts, stay in with the most important and engaging archons, get the most artefacts and learn the most lore while keeping your options open in regards to Kyros. Now if it just let us be abit more flexible with the native tiersman and not have to kill EVERYBODY, i'd be super happy!

Yeah, THe rebel path, you can flirt with the idea of unifying the tiersman as loyal subjects of Kyros but it never really plays out that way. Each of the factions, chorus & disfavoured are a little too subservient and narrow in focus for me. Anarchy does seem to be the best, you get to visit all the locations, deal with all the edicts, stay in with the most important and engaging archons, get the most artefacts and learn the most lore while keeping your options open in regards to Kyros. Now if it just let us be abit more flexible with the native tiersman and not have to kill EVERYBODY, i'd be super happy!

Problem is the tiersmen hate kyros and anything to do with kyros the only place that seems to be okay with kyros is crossing. I saw it clearly with the rebels so she got my boot and the armies acted like children so I broke my alliance with them.

They found it more important to fight each other over dealing with the rebels and dealing with the edict and all I saw in conquest kept making me facepalm. At first I went chorus then I thought about how much I wanted to get them to work together but then when I first met mark and he raised his eyebrow at my choice. I knew right then both armies will never work together and there is more going on so I went back and broke the alliance felt more better about my choice then.

Since through out all of act 1 I kept thinking why would kyros send these two armies to the tiers? Well during my first run and mark just confirmed my suspicion.

The reason why I like Anarchy so much because the PC has more control and they leave it up to you why you are doing it. I told mark because of justice and he approved.

Problem is the tiersmen hate kyros and anything to do with kyros the only place that seems to be okay with kyros is crossing. I saw it clearly with the rebels so she got my boot and the armies acted like children so I broke my alliance with them.

They found it more important to fight each other over dealing with the rebels and dealing with the edict and all I saw in conquest kept making me facepalm. At first I went chorus then I thought about how much I wanted to get them to work together but then when I first met mark and he raised his eyebrow at my choice. I knew right then both armies will never work together and there is more going on so I went back and broke the alliance felt more better about my choice then.

Since through out all of act 1 I kept thinking why would kyros send these two armies to the tiers? Well during my first run and mark just confirmed my suspicion.
Yeah, the foreshadowing was not subtle, which i just aswell. I'd have wanted to get them to work together too if it hadn't been for the fact they so clearly never would! Would have been nice to recruit a couple of the tiers factions though on an Anarchy playthrough, just one or two.

First of all - thanks for taking the time to respond.

Second - I figured this would be the case.
Would have been nice to be the "kind Kyros-Spokesperson" who could get them to see Kyros' laws in a diplomatic way while they still would have gotten the chance to kick some Dishonored and Scarlet Chorus butt.

But alas ... I should not be so lucky!

Yeah, the foreshadowing was not subtle, which i just aswell. I'd have wanted to get them to work together too if it hadn't been for the fact they so clearly never would! Would have been nice to recruit a couple of the tiers factions though on an Anarchy playthrough, just one or two.

Well you can get some of them to really like you I mean I am the leader of the stonestalkers, the bronze brotherhood love and fear me and the forge bound worship the ground I walk on since saving their leader. Mark does tell you in the solo route your followers are quite important since it's all you really have.

First of all - thanks for taking the time to respond.

Second - I figured this would be the case.
Would have been nice to be the "kind Kyros-Spokesperson" who could get them to see Kyros' laws in a diplomatic way while they still would have gotten the chance to kick some Dishonored and Scarlet Chorus butt.

But alas ... I should not be so lucky!

Well you can get some of them to really like you I mean I am the leader of the stonestalkers, the bronze brotherhood love and fear me and the forge bound worship the ground I walk on since saving their leader. Mark does tell you in the solo route your followers are quite important since it's all you really have.
Sadly in the solo playthrough you dont really have any followers, they might like you somewhat, but they aren't allies and the ending makes it clear your on your own. It does make some sort of sense, but a middle ground between, "join me in uprising against Kyros!" and "Die beneath the iron boot of Kyros!" existing for the relationship with the tiersman would have been nice.

Sadly in the solo playthrough you dont really have any followers, they might like you somewhat, but they aren't allies and the ending makes it clear your on your own. It does make some sort of sense, but a middle ground between, "join me in uprising against Kyros!" and "Die beneath the iron boot of Kyros!" existing for the relationship with the tiersman would have been nice.

Honestly I felt it was kinda like a middle ground honestly from what I hear from people on other routes I find most of what the chorus and disfavored do distasteful and they are clearly breaking the law.

My main issue was that I would have liked to play a completely neutral, Kyros loyal Fatebinder.
Get rid of the disturbing Archon elements, dispense plenty of Kyros' peace - without annihilating every other faction. But unless you go solo, it seems that you are really stuck into a certain behavior. Both - Ashes and Nerat demanded horrible things and despite me not being a part of either faction, but a Fatebinder of Tunon's Court, I had to obey.

In a few dialog options, it seemed that the PC could bring that sentiment across but then upcoming decisions kinda took that away from you. It's one of the few things about this game that really didn't sit too well with me. Which is why I am looking at the anarchy run now. And considering that Bleden has a special place in my heart (while it still beats in my Fatebinder's chest) - it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Though having nobody on your side - other than 2 Archons ... is kinda sad.

So in my Rebel playthrough I answered Bleden Marks letter with a request for duel. So I killed him, but some time after that I visited Tunons Court for my judgement and managed to convince Tunon to bow and join me.

Now I wonder if maybe I had not killed Bleden Mark he would have joined me too at Tunons Court.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible as Rebel? I have lost all saves before I killed him and I can't test for myself.

So in my Rebel playthrough I answered Bleden Marks letter with a request for duel. So I killed him, but some time after that I visited Tunons Court for my judgement and managed to convince Tunon to bow and join me.

Now I wonder if maybe I had not killed Bleden Mark he would have joined me too at Tunons Court.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible as Rebel? I have lost all saves before I killed him and I can't test for myself.

No, you can convince Bleden to join you only on "Anarchy route" (betraying Rebels/Chorus/Disfavored at the end of Act 1 or during Act 2).