• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emperor Walter

Comrade
69 Badges
Nov 26, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
A mod to correct what I see as some historical inaccuracies:

Gameplay (credit to Toa Kraka):

Empires can no longer form Kingdoms under any circumstances and any Kingdom titles held by an Emperor are automatically destroyed. This is to prevent delegating kingdoms to vassals so that you don't have to care about vassal opinion and artificially stay below the vassal limit. Vassals can still form Kingdoms and be vassals, however.

Only Kingdoms which are not dejure part of the Empire can be held by an Emperor in personal union.

Protected Council Appointments are now the norm and require Late Feudalism to unlock.

After 1120, Northern Italian counties held by non-italians or non-theocracies will flip to italian city republics.

Same as the above with Switzerland in 1270, except without any ethnic background.

Titles:

Poland has been reworked to give it more of a chance and have historic borders.

Wendland has now been reworked so now the AI will hopefully try to actually conquer it. Pomerania, Lubusz, and Pomeralia have been given to Poland as dejure territories; Wolgast is now a dejure part of Mecklemburg. Wendland is now a dejure part of the HRE, both to encourage conquest and since it would've been part of it in game anyway since it had been held by the HRE for more then 50 years by the time it was reconquered by the Wends.

The Zoroastrians have been reworked in the 867 start so they have more of a chance.

Russia has been overhauled so that almost every major Russian state has it's own kingdom title. Some tribes have been reduced to give Russia more of a chance. Kiev has seniority succession.

Laws:

Fully empowered councils exist by default.

Crown laws are now much more impactful. AV represents a situation like the late HRE where the monarch had little power. Limited represents a state in which the monarch has authority but persistant instability. Medium represents a state with a strong monarch. AV has a -50% penalty to levies while Limited has a -25%.

Switzerland will form in 1270.

Coreligionists can now be called into pagan conquest wars.

Demographics:

Ireland and Scotland and Wales have had holdings added to reflect their demographics.

Celtic lands in the British Isles have all been changed to feudal in 1066. This is because (a) making them tribal in 1066 clearly doesn't work correctly, and (b) if they are supposed to be tribal, then many other areas in the map should be tribal as well. In any case I think Feudalism better represents the nature of these areas in 1066.

Highland Scotland is now Irish (Gaelic/Goidel) in culture.

GFX:

Flag of Ireland changed to the King of Tara flag.

Some flags changed.

Strategy

Before forming an Empire try to consolidate your holdings so that you control all dejure land, since creating a kingdom will destroy all Kingdom titles you hold and make you unable to press dejure claims for 50 years until fully held Kingdoms drift into your Empire.

Recommended Settings:

(if you want historical speed cultural and religion spread)

Culture: Combination
Conversion: Slowest
Gender Laws: Disabled
Border Wars: Off
Supernatural Events: Off
Satanic Cults: Off
Secret Cults: Off

Installation:
1. Extract mod to your ck2 mod folder in documents. You will see a folder labeled "vassal kings are dumb"
2. Copy paste all folders from Vassal Kings are Dumb except Events to their HIP equivalents.
3. Enable Vassal Kings are Dumb in the start up screen.
4. Enable HIP in the start up screen.

For the current version of HIP

Note: the Mod Mod only works with SWMH as far as I know.

Attachments

• WMMv5.2.rar
    723,5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Gameplay (credit to Toa Kraka):

Empires can no longer form Kingdoms under any circumstances and any Kingdom titles held by an Emperor are automatically destroyed. This is to prevent delegating kingdoms to vassals so that you don't have to care about vassal opinion and artificially stay below the vassal limit. Vassals can still form Kingdoms and be vassals, however.
If anyone wants to download this part separately, it's here.

A version updated for HIP 2018-02-17 is available here.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Updated version, fixing some small bugs. I'm leaving the file labeled "vassal kings are dumb" for now, since for some reason editing the title is causing errors with loading. Leaving it as is doesn't cause any problems though.

This sounds like an interesting twist. I'll see if I can employ it for our MP game. Since I did find vassal kings an easy way out for player empires.

No problem. If you don't want any of the other changes though, make sure to delete the history folder. Also make sure to copy paste all folders except events into the HIP folder.

Although I will say that giving Poland Pomeralia has definitely helped with overpowered pagans. As well as the historical changes being more historical.

Reactions:
Strange it seems to crash whenever I attempt to run the game? (I've followed the instructions and replaced the files and then activated at start). Is there a certain set up HIP has to be in order for this to work?

You have to have SMWH enabled for sure. I'm really not sure why it would crash though if you've done it correctly; it's what I play with so it definitely works for me. What are you running it on? Some OS completely replace a folder instead of merging them together when copy-pasted, so you might instead have to copy-paste individual files into the folder hierarchy of HIP.

Otherwise it might be a problem with the .mod file, in which case just manually open it in a text editor and correct it.

Strange it seems to crash whenever I attempt to run the game? (I've followed the instructions and replaced the files and then activated at start). Is there a certain set up HIP has to be in order for this to work?

I've had the same issue. Looking around the mod folder I've found some files called ".DS_Store", I don't know what they are for, but erasing them seems to solve the problem and the mod keeps working.

Reactions:
I've had the same issue. Looking around the mod folder I've found some files called ".DS_Store", I don't know what they are for, but erasing them seems to solve the problem and the mod keeps working.

I'm not sure what that is. Could you post your version of the mod files for people to use?

I'm not sure what that is.
Wikipedia says:
In the Apple macOS operating system, .DS_Store is a file that stores custom attributes of its containing folder, such as the position of icons or the choice of a background image. The name is an abbreviation of Desktop Services Store, reflecting its purpose. It is created and maintained by the Finder application in every folder, and has functions similar to the file desktop.ini in Microsoft Windows. Starting with a full stop (period) character, it is hidden in Finder and many Unix utilities. Its internal structure is proprietary.
There may be a way to exclude the .DS_Store files from being included by whatever compression utility you use (7zip, WinRAR, etc.).

Wikipedia says:

There may be a way to exclude the .DS_Store files from being included by whatever compression utility you use (7zip, WinRAR, etc.).

I meant I know what it is, I just wasn't sure how it ended up there. I'll correct it as soon as I can get to it. I was also unsure exactly how that would screw it up, but it does I guess.

Attachments

• WMMv1.1.zip
    11,4 KB · Views: 25
Reactions:
Updated version attached, please let me know if it works correctly.

Version 1.3 uploaded. Changes made to the 1066 setup in France; Tolouse and Flanders are now independent, the King of France starts holding the Kingdom of Aquitaine (as is historical). Iceland is now an elective monarchy.

Version 1.31 uploaded. German Stem Duchies now start off as Kingdom level titles (with the exceptions of Burgundy and Lombardia - since they were not unified states; Franconia, since it is held by the Emperor; and Bohemia, since they were not a Kingdom until the 1100s and are best represented as a duchy until then).

Version 1.32 uploaded. Aquitaine has been turned into a titular title in 1066; Aquitaine's duchies have been moved to France (this is primarily so that the Duchy of Aquitaine will not usurp the Kingdom of Aquitaine and so the Kingdom of France will still be able to reconquer the south); Duchies of Aquitaine, Anjou, and Normandy are independent reflecting the total lack of control of the French crown over them.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I've found some more .DS_Store files inside the titles, common and history folders, though deleting them is easy. Cool mod anyways, it gives a good shakeup to big kingdoms.

Reactions:
I've found some more .DS_Store files inside the titles, common and history folders, though deleting them is easy. Cool mod anyways, it gives a good shakeup to big kingdoms.

Yeah I've tried to delete them but whenever I delete one it shows up somewhere else. They're only visible in the first place cause you need to see hidden files on the mac in order to do any modding. But yeah, I think I need someone with a windows to remove them and upload it. Could you upload your version?

Yes, here it is.

Attachments

• WMMv1.32.zip
    39,7 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: