• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Myothis says you have the overlords silent backing.
Myothis is officially speculating, let's not forget it.

I don't think kyros is "scared" of you nerat even gives you advice that there is always someone "greater" than you and several npc's in the game make the express point if kyros wanted you truly dead you would be dead
Yes - but this was BEFORE you could actually cast an Edict.
You see, the very beginning of Myothis speculations is "Kyros knows what's happening". It's logical presupposition for a servitor of Archon, who think Kyros is infallible, knows everything and always takes something he desired. But is it really so?
If you suppose that Kyros DON'T exactly knows what happening, every Myothis' logic is falling apart. Yes, he CAN crush you every moment, but really it's you who know that; Kyros don't. "Something strange happening with this Tunon's cub, I need to look closer; Mark, looks after him. Guide him to some places where he will use everything he can, let's see... after all, we don't know what's happens if we do!"
And then, when you're casting an Edict - "oh shit! what's more this cub can do? Let's wait and see for his next plans and actions!"

Since in the end you think of what kyros next response will be.
...and maybe Kyros just doing the same!

I agree that kyros is testing you, it wouldn't be the first time, graven ashe became the new archon of war under the philosophy of "you break it, you buy it"

I agree that kyros is testing you, it wouldn't be the first time, graven ashe became the new archon of war under the philosophy of "you break it, you buy it"

Yup kyros could of easily had ashe killed considering his origins his ability was only you assuage the fears of his men(perfect time to kill an archon kyros does not want around which is how kyros handles unwated Archons) and kyros let him develop to the point of rebellion? Why? Mark could of of easily ended the miltiaman who could not read or write most likely she wanted ashe.

Myothis says Archons develop by spreading fear and love annnnd what is the PC doing in the game?

Yes myothis is speculating but if you do the solo route in act 3 what myothis says matches up quite well with what mark tells you and Tunon says in act 2 marks other job instead of killing infant Archons is to recruit Archons.

Let's be meta for a second developers would not put several lines in the game along with several npcs telling you that if kyros wanted you dead you would be dead even the PC says it. Lantry makes that exact point in act 3 Look at the map the size of the tiers, the power of kyros army and the power levels of kyros edicts outstrips yours.

The tiers is essentially a backwater it's not even 10% of the map.

Nerat even tells you that there is always someone greater as advice to a brother Archon.

Mark and obviously tunon had orders to watch/kill you since act 2.

Plus mark outright tells you that if you attempt to kill Tunon he will be forced to try and kill you why would he be forced to try and kill you and tells you not to fuck up? Unless he is still working for kyros in some form?

Last edited:
Tunon Court (including every Fatebinder, and, by some extent, Mark) is built on presupposition that Kyros IS all-powerful, all-mighty and infallible. So they don't logically came into conclusion that everything is going according to Kyros plan - but WHY do they believe so? Because Tunon, who is supposed to be knowing party, says so.
Well, Tunon is in error, and it's a main pressure point to make him to bow before you.

Mark and obviously tunon had orders to watch/kill you since act 2.
Sure. It's exactly what I'd do if some my servant is developing abilities I can't yet understand, don't I? ;)

Unless he is still working for kyros in some form?
What do you mean "some form"? He is Kyros' Archon of Shadows, royal assasin and, let's name it so, "civilian secret service".

Plus mark outright tells you that if you attempt to kill Tunon he will be forced to try and kill you why would he be forced to try and kill you and tells you not to **** up?
Don't you think Mark can just like and respect Tunon? ;)

Let's be meta for a second developers would not put several lines in the game along with several npcs telling you that if kyros wanted you dead you would be dead even the PC says it.
Yeah, let's say he drop Mark on you - exactly what he do at Act 3.
I believe you don't tried a situation when you haven't high Favor to make Mark bow to you? Well. Mark then (I was in rebel try and have Favor 3 or 4) comes to you - in a place being arranged or in Tunon Court, and he says you he have an orders to kill you, and he is going to follow that orders. And he TRIES to do so, and find himself dead. It was very surprising for him. :)
So, when Kyros decided you should be killed, he drop his greatest assasin on you, a man who is scary legend to frighten children, "if you're bad, Mark comes and get you". He drops a man who is great in killing young Archons, who have it as a main profession.
You just butcher such a man.
So power of Kyros to kill a PC can be highly overstated. Even by PC himself.

Well of course he can't easily kill you in act 3 when you are an Archon but if he attacked you at act 2? Do you think you would win? Plus if kyros views you as a huge threat why has kyros simply not dropped an edict on you?

Kyros could of easily used to fatebinder at the start of act 3 to do it. Plus when the PC asks that question why they are not dead yet it's in act 2. Many people on these forums and Steam do think kyros is keeping the PC around for a reason and all these "threats" to me seem more like tests than anything else.

On the solo route and you ask him if you are going to "deal" with me he says no because you are on "his" side. If he just wanted freedom from kyros there is plenty of other ways to do it hence my theory he is still getting orders from kyros and he is considering he has orders to kill/watch the PC.

He follows through on the kill order on other routes because it's clear kyros original goal for the tiers is to get rid of nerat and ashe or bring them down a peg.

I do think if we meet kyros you may get "bonus" favor if Mark is with you plus I find it strange he has no faction symbol save kyros sigil on his arm. Perhaps the solo route might be the more "Loyalist" route since you still have options to tell tunon you are loyal to kyros conquest during the trial.

So anyway agree to disagree we shall see in the DLC since all we have is theories and speculation.

Last edited:
Well of course he can't easily kill you in act 3 when you are an Archon but if he attacked you at act 2? Do you think you would win? Plus if kyros views you as a huge threat why has kyros simply not dropped an edict on you?
Sorry, so Bleden Mark just can't kill an Archon without any direct talent and beyond said Archon powerbase? But I believe we agreed Bleden Mark main occupation is finishing young Archons before they are a problem, don't we?

Plus if kyros views you as a huge threat why has kyros simply not dropped an edict on you?
Because he don't know what will happens then?
Also because Edicts doing terrible work to kill an individual.
Not to mention you definitly have a knack with Edicts.

If he just wanted freedom from kyros there is plenty of other ways
Please describe any. Just don't forget Kyros used to use magical locks to prevent his Archons go rogue.

Sorry, so Bleden Mark just can't kill an Archon without any direct talent and beyond said Archon powerbase?

Please describe any. Just don't forget Kyros used to use magical locks to prevent his Archons go rogue.

The fatebinders in the court note that Mark can swap his loyalties any time he wants and he can move around the whole world however he wants. He tells you in the solo route his power developed because "he wanted to vanish from the world". Also lantry makes note that Mark has possibly been serving kyros for almost as long as tunon or perhaps longer why stick with kyros for that long if you want to be free from him/her?

You don't serve an overlord for 400+ years as a personal assassin if you are looking to be free of them also the short story with the Archon edition does reveal he reports directly to kyros they have a whole conversation in the short story.

The way it's written shows that he enjoys the tasks the overlord gives him and a theory where someone said kyros looks depending on how you see them is most likely correct. Looking at how kyros talks. He also considers kyros "captivating".

If that does not sound like still being loyal I don't know what else that could be.

I think him submitting to you in the solo route is 1. he likes your choices 2. he is still working for kyros and running a recruitment/trial on you and 3. to get around the decree.

Also Archons have no "locks" to prevent going rogue look at Ashe and Nerat for crying out loud plus Ashe lead a giant rebellion before kyros made him his/her Archon of war. He tells you that under "normal circumstance" he would have tried to kill you but I suspect your choice at the start of going solo changed his mind to watch and help you develop instead.

When you ask Tunon in act 2 how kyros recruits Archons he tells you this Tunon: "The overlord takes great pains to recognize potential. Before an Archon comes into their power, they will have faced the harshest scrutiny by an agent of recruitment if not Bladen mark himself.

Now you killing bladen mark or not I think will not matter TOO much in the grand scheme of things(Too many variables to deal with) but I do think perhaps it will be easier for those who still want to remain loyal to kyros to remain in good standing when we do meet kyros. I mean the man has no faction symbol and has kyros Brand on his arm.

It seems strange to me that the developers will give you options in the solo route during your trial to say you joined the conquest for the glory of kyros and felt the other Archons did not join for the same reason.

Did not stop Kyros from dropping one on Cairn after he/she did not want them around any more. Also why legally make you an Archon as well?

Last edited:
The fatebinders in the court note that Mark can swap his loyalties any time he wants and he can move around the whole world however he wants.
Yes - his loyalities with Tunon. He don't, well... really, Mark can like old guy. Or they can have a history.
You believe fatebinders in the Court can say for sure that Mark can or can't swap his loyalities with Kyros?

Also Archons have no "locks" to prevent going rogue look at Ashe and Nerat for crying out loud plus Ashe lead a giant rebellion before kyros made him his/her Archon of war.
Kyros used to create such locks at least once. It's Sirin. Sure, Ashe didn't have such lock until he lead a rebellion, "awakened" as an Archon and was beaten and submitted to Kyros will.
And no, Ashe and Voices don't actually rebel in a game against Kyros. Voices even don't try to protect himself when Bladen Mark carring him into Court; don't know about Ashe. They can fight each other, of course - even if they are locked, they are locked for Kyros, not for each other!

I mean the man has no faction symbol and has kyros Brand on his arm.
Yes, that brand looks like something can be seal for me. Especially including that such brand placed on his "working instrument".

Did not stop Kyros from dropping one on Cairn after he/she did not want them around any more.
Because he knows Cairn, what can he do and what he can't do. And PC literally eating Edicts, so throwing Edict on him is just granting him more power!

When you ask Tunon how kyros recruits Archons he tells you this Tunon: "The overlord takes great pains to recognize potential. Before an Archon comes into their power, they will have faced the harshest scrutiny by an agent of recruitment if not Bladen mark himself.
Sure, they will have faced the harshest scrutiny, so?.. No arguing here.
I believe you forgot one thing. Every Archon is unique. So or Kyros have some mystical method to know what will happens with any Archon, or such scrutiny should show exactly what a talent new Archon shows. And, well, it really can be "a surprise of lifetime", as Mark names you when you kill him.

Also why legally make you an Archon as well?
Because there is an actual working Edict giving Kyros some (unexplained) power against Archons he proclaims (the very first - officially - Edict Kyros used; I'd need to go for a place in game when you and Lawdry speaking about it, it something in the very start of Act 3, IIRR). And that's a reason Archon of Water named herself an Archon - she wanted to show she don't need Kyros' allowance to be one (and so she isn't a subject for him).
Because you're not really growing Archon. You're growing exarch. Formally, Archon isn't metaphysical status but... let's say "social" position.

I believe mark is still loyal to kyros you have the commander edition so you don't have his short story it was not released on the website. Bladen marks short story is him interacting with kyros and kyros giving him a job he seems waaaaaay too happy to serve kyros. The fatebinders even tell you to be careful about his "loyalty".

Plus even if he submits to you he still calls you "kid"

I shall express some lines from the short story

"So how did the meeting fare?"

Bladen Mark Archon of shadows, leaned back against the wide, stone, clonnade. The infamous assassin liked the hard press of stone between his shoulder blades. It jabbed at the back of his mind, distracting. If affixed him as his amber eyes roved the captivating form of his overlord.

This is a part of it they note he also enjoys all the tasks the overlord gives him does this sound like someone who wants to be free? Plus you ask him on the solo route as I said who side is he on and why he is not trying to kill you? He tells you that you are on "his" side and what side is he on? In my mind it's the side of the overlord.

He tells you in the other routes kyros told him to try and kill you solo you are working together.

Plus even he submits to you he still calls you "kid"
Truth to be said I can't see a problem here. He is quite older, after all.

He tells you that you are on "his" side and what side is he on? In my mind it's the side of the overlord.
Because he haven't a order, of course. If you're NOT on solo route, he makes this absolutely clear.
And... you following his... advices, goes to him for more directions... why should he want to kill you? Because you're threat to Overlord? It's possible, but with such conclusion you have circular arguement. He actually can not to kill you because you're possible threat to Overlord, some new power.

And let me bring one more thing.
The very point of a theory "everything going as Kyros wanted" builded on "Kyros actually wants Ashe and Voices dead, so he created a situation when one of them will finish another, and then Archon of Ruin cames into and kill a survivor..."
Why, if Kyros can just order Mark to kill Ashe and Voices? And Pox, if he don't need him also?

Truth to be said I can't see a problem here. He is quite older, after all.

Because he haven't a order, of course. If you're NOT on solo route, he makes this absolutely clear.
And... you following his... advices, goes to him for more directions... why should he want to kill you? Because you're threat to Overlord? It's possible, but with such conclusion you have circular arguement. He actually can not to kill you because you're possible threat to Overlord, some new power.

And let me bring one more thing.
The very point of a theory "everything going as Kyros wanted" builded on "Kyros actually wants Ashe and Voices dead, so he created a situation when one of them will finish another, and then Archon of Ruin cames into and kill a survivor..."
Why, if Kyros can just order Mark to kill Ashe and Voices? And Pox, if he don't need him also?

On the solo route he did get orders to kill you but was told he can use his own judgement under normal circumstance he would of killed you before it's only after your choice in act 1 if you go solo he tells Tunon he will watch you more instead.

Now if you don't go that route I have no idea why he waits until act 3 to act upon them that's something only the writers know.

Why would kyros risk mark against full blown Archons when it's clear his job is to kill infant/exarchs? I haven't had mark execute the writ against Nerat or Ashe I always handle it myself but people told me he does end up killing them if you send him. Also kyros needs an Archon to rule the tiers and mark does not seem all that interested in ruling the fatebinder in act 3 suggests that the original plan was to have one kill the other and this is myothis guess as well.

Perhaps the PC is a new piece on the board? Kyros is simply making use of it? Perhaps even more in the solo route?

Sending both armies was a deliberate ploy by kyros to get rid of both of them or weaken them. Honestly we don't know what kyros true intentions are but I DO believe mark is still loyal to kyros his short story and his words in the game shows he is most likely still loyal to kyros.

On the solo route he did get orders to kill you but was told he can use his own judgement under normal circumstance he would of killed you before it's only after your choice in act 1 if you go solo he tells Tunon he will watch you more instead.
Sure, he have his own will besides orders. He says just that - "I'll kill you if I had an order, and I can kill you even if I don't".

Why would kyros risk mark against full blown Archons when it's clear his job is to kill infant/exarchs? I haven't had mark execute the writ against Nerat or Ashe I always handle it myself but people told me he does end up killing them if you send him.
Yes. When Tunon declare execution order for one of "full blown Archons", Mark just teleports away, returns with subdued... well, it was Voices in my walkthrough, and just finish him as a pig. I'd say good enough... but, hell, it's his job to finish Archons who steps the line.

the fatebinder in act 3 suggests that the original plan was to have one kill the other and this is myothis guess as well.
To be honest I believe you put it in wrong order. This is Myothis guess, so Fatebinder suggests that the original plan. I mean, well, it's definitly Court position - and Court, I should repeat, built on wrong position that Kyros is infallible and all-powered. It's the very point where you can recrut Tunon - you just shows him it isn't right; but until a listening against you he wasn't aware!

Sending both armies was a deliberate ploy by kyros to get rid of both of them or weaken them.
As I said - why just don't kill them? Kyros have Mark, Kyros have Edicts... everything about "he could rid from PC anytime" works for that Archons. Even more, Kyros definitly knows Ashe and Voices, knows his weaknesses, knows what they can do, and, looking at Sirin, he quite probably have some kind of leverage. I mean, ok, maybe Mark is geniuly in love with his overlady, and Tunon is mechanical bot without even possibility to rebel for personal gain, sure; but how exactly do Kyros supports loyalities of Ashe or Voices?
Damn, he just could set timer in an Edict of Execution for one day, not eight. Or one minute.

Honestly this is why I can't wait for the DLC's and expansions to answer all our questions also I do believe kyros does not have a gender going by bladen marks short story.

I do think kyros is just doing another "controlling the ecosystem" lantry compared Archons to sharks you can't have "too many" in the pond.

Anyway we have to wait and see in future DLC content. :D

I do think kyros is just doing another "controlling the ecosystem" lantry compared Archons to sharks you can't have "too many" in the pond.
It's intresting idea, but WHY EXACTLY can't you? Kyros has DOZENS of Archons. The best way possible he will drop their numbers at 6 (Ashe, Voices, Tunon, Mark, Pox, Sirin); and really, Kyros could made it so simpler that all that running for Edicts, just ordered Mark to do so.
To be honest, I believe my idea about "Kyros really don't know what's happening and just reacting in raising situations without long-term plans and full knowledge" looks more valid.

It's intresting idea, but WHY EXACTLY can't you? Kyros has DOZENS of Archons. The best way possible he will drop their numbers at 6 (Ashe, Voices, Tunon, Mark, Pox, Sirin); and really, Kyros could made it so simpler that all that running for Edicts, just ordered Mark to do so.
To be honest, I believe my idea about "Kyros really don't know what's happening and just reacting in raising situations without long-term plans and full knowledge" looks more valid.

Well agree to disagree I think kyros knows what is going on many people in the ending thread on reddit agree. Meta wise the writers would not put ton of npcs saying kyros pretty much is aware of the situation for no reason.

Oh yeah. We are speaking about developers who won't leave non-finished stories.
Such as Verse who is possible to eat her sisters spirits.
Or Sirin's helmet.
Or Baric armor.
Or Kyros who is infallible and always right.

I mean, they don't do it for no reason. They do it to create feeling of conspiracy theory and let players broke spears arguing.
They did it once in Alpha Protocol, but let's be honest - they closed storylines there.

I have a different theory, what if the reason Kyros does not respond to your edicts, is because in claiming the spires, and understanding the magic of edicts, which many npc's refer to as Kyros own power vein, is the simple fact that Kyros no longer can. The PC has stolen the power of Kyros. Kyros does not seem the type to let someone which such power challenge her/him without death. In the end the only response is sending an army stornger than both the chorus and disfavored combined, that does not seem like a garrison force to me, nor does it make sense that Kyros would send another army after her own archons, i feel the army is directed soley at you, for that is the only power Kyros can muster. The other theory I have is that Jyros did infact know what was going to happena nd let it all unfold for the simple reason that their is nothing left for Kyros to do, and is lactively looking to the PC as Kyros own successor

you know, there's one giant thing here that makes that you're more powerfull then kyros on one thing

by all acounts kyros's edicts have to be declared locally, someone has to be there to declare them, he can declare them by proxy but he still needs an agent to travel there

you don't need that, you can declare an edict on a distant region and it just happens

you don't need that, you can declare an edict on a distant region and it just happens
...but effect of your edict ends in days in best, and Kyros' ones can be here for centuries.
Also the very beginng of the games states that mountain passes are blocked by "Kyros magic" (to prevent people run away from edicted valley). I'd say it's not bad for doing from capital.

I would have thought it was rather obvious that Kyros power is derived from the spires aswell. Hence his desire to keep attention on the spire, low-key. As to his proficiency with edicts,he's had alot more time to refine his control over, quite possibly, many more spires than the PC and many centuries in which to garner additional power form fear and awe to make his edicts truelly terrifying.

The only problem with this theory is that need to have others proclaim edicts in his place, but the degree to which this is true is still rather nebulous. The northern Kingdom is quite close to the tiers and it's possible that other spires in terratus are singular, none networked as they are in the tiers and therefore, have short reach. Perhaps Kyros controls only one spire?

I suspect that something is unique about the spires in the tiers, perhaps a seperate network. Or a master key of sorts.