UPDATED 08/10/19 - Forum is being unlocked! (Connect your Steam account to sync your Owned Items!)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You have 23 icons under your name now. Are you still missing some?

Reactions:
I try to do it, but it won't work :'(

i click on sync and nothing happens :x
Sometimes, you need to log out and relog in (entring your password) for the sync'ing to work properly. Had that again the other day.

There is a reason I don't want to do this. I don't want to give you my Steam password...
Paradox does not receive your steam password. This is authenticating through the Steam network, from Steam's page.

The same method is used for every other site that links to steam, none of them receive your password :)

Reactions:
There is a reason I don't want to do this. I don't want to give you my Steam password...

Paradox does not receive your steam password. This is authenticating through the Steam network, from Steam's page.
This. The page you log into Steam on is a Steam page, NOT a Paradox page, as you can see from its URL. All we see is what you show publicly anyway, the games you own. Simple as that.

Reactions:
Connected, disconnected, reconnected but still it says
"Syncing your items can take up to an hour
0/54"

Why do you have to make everything so unnecessarily complicated... Seriously!

Certain parts of the forums are reserved for paying customers, and once synced usually steam keeps your profile here up-to-date so you get access to new parts as you buy new stuff.

Obviously no system is perfect.

There are sometimes some hiccups... but it's been several times i haven't had anything to do to get my icons and privileges here on the forum. ;)

I get the syncing part i.e. from Stream -> Paradox - but unless you want to buy games directly from Paradox then you would never want Paradox to be able to add something to your steam account and certainly not revoke access to games.

When paradox change the connection to be read only, or at least make the writing part optional, then I will connect my steam account - not one second before.

I don't want to lose access to my games because Paradox have a glitch in their syncing software causing me to lose access to my games, even if its only temporary.

So please Paradox - make the connection readonly so I can get the support that I deserve without putting my life (games) in your hands.

I get the syncing part i.e. from Stream -> Paradox - but unless you want to buy games directly from Paradox then you would never want Paradox to be able to add something to your steam account and certainly not revoke access to games.

When paradox change the connection to be read only, or at least make the writing part optional, then I will connect my steam account - not one second before.

I don't want to lose access to my games because Paradox have a glitch in their syncing software causing me to lose access to my games, even if its only temporary.

So please Paradox - make the connection readonly so I can get the support that I deserve without putting my life (games) in your hands.
I don't think the sync enables PI to revoke access to games. @TinyWiking can you back me up on that?
Furthermore PI has in the past handed out free games/DLC to forumites and having your account synched makes it easier to claim those.

It is read only :).
We don't have the ability to remove or add games directly to your Steam account, the only way we can remove something is if you for example ask for a refund and we disable the CD key. We also can't add things directly to your Steam account but what we can do is add a Steam key to your Paradox account that you can then automatically redeem to Steam via our account page.

We are basically using a Steam API that makes a call to the connected account and checks it against a list in our database. If you have product X on your Steam account and product X = Crusader Kings II you get credited with the icon and all related access. It should also be noted that we only see a list of Paradox games on your account, other games are not visible to us.

Reactions:
Sadly, I also suffer from a similar case of disappearing icons/access.

I still have icons/access in the following cases: [1] if I entered the game key before the new system; [2] if the game was bought directly from the PDX store; [3] if my Steam account is connected at the time to the forum.

Unfortunately, as soon as I disconnect the Steam account, all of the games not fulfilling criteria 1 or 2 disappear from the PDX account. No amount of syncing, signing out and re-logging helped.