Patch 1.18.1 out NOW! - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often saw complaints about the AI being unable to use some features. It seems you are working on that. Just with 1.17, I receive money from people when I'm at war with despised countries. With 1.18, it seems like the AI will now not only take and give loans, but also sell provinces.
To be fair, the AI has been selling provinces in limited circumstances for quite some time; it will offer to sell provinces it has somehow obtained without being able to core them to countries that can core them.

- Claims now cost what they say they will, instead of up to an additional 5 network points-

What does this mean? Now claim cost is only 20 network points?
At present, the announced cost is 20 points plus five per existing claim, but the cost deducted from your spy network appears to be being calculated after the claim is created, so if you have more points in your spy network than you need to make the claim, you lose up to five additional network strength compared to what the user interface told you it would cost.

It would seem that 1.18 fixes this :)

Reactions:
Paradox should remove that claim system. Its just of waste of time. Should give the holy war cb everyone in Europa until thirdy years war. Claims isnt useful also taking too much time. You need to change this system.

Reactions:
Paradox should remove that claim system. Its just of waste of time. Should give the holy war cb everyone in Europa until thirdy years war. Claims isnt useful also taking too much time. You need to change this system.
Claims are pretty damned useful when all of your neighbours have the same religion as you, actually; the Imperialism CB (allowing you to declare war on anyone anywhere) doesn't show up until DIP 23.

Reactions:
These will require institutions instead of westernization. Their descriptions will be updated once 1.18 launches.

Does this mean that they won't be possible to complete in an earlier patch or will the achievement code be changed to allow westernisation if before 1.18 and institutions if after?

Reactions:
Que?

Also,

Aww, no more fort defense :oops:

Yay Ethiopia buffs:D

Unlike you tho, I have quite the bad feeling about the Ethiopia NI changes
Changes to Ethiopian Ideas'
Those who are interested in this change, they replace the +20 manpower in the traditions to -0.5 autonomy, the extra missionary strength/cheaper stability to an extra missionary and they replace the +5 discipline to +10 infantry combat ability.

Catholic majors exist you can attach them to account on paradox menagment profile. its wrongly named on site as Evangelica majors but in game panel you will see catholic majors(including polish austrian spain/castile austrian 1&4 tier)
Wrong. It temporarily was released for free a year ago and if you didn't get it then you will never be able to.

Honestly, I would rather purchase both Evangelical and Catholic majors than get one for free with no way to obtain the other.

Paradox, please let me give you my money!

Reactions:
I think there's a question that needs to be asked; and a thing that needs to be said about the wording of the idea changes:

- Georgian War Exhaustion Cost reduction tradition changed to decreased shock damage recieved.[
- Orissan Tradition for increased garrison size changed to decreased shock damage recieved.
- Ahom Idea River Warfare now reduces shock damage by instead of increasing defensivess.
- Manipuri Traditions now give decreased shock damage recieved instead of garrison growth.

Ones worded like this are obvious. Idea A changes into Idea B.

- Rajput Idea Marwari horses now also gives increased movement speed.
- Bohemian Idea Wagenburg will now also reduce Shock damage recieved.

Ones worded like this are also obvious; the current idea is buffed. Wagenburg now gives +10% Infantry Combat and -Shock Damage X%

The grey area is ones worded like this:

- Dutch Idea Platoon Fire will now increase Fire Damage.
- Munster Idea Bommen Berend now gives increased fire damage.

Are changes worded like these ones replacements or additions?

It seems especially strange when you factor in that Wagenburg and Platoon Fire are both +10% Infantry Combat Ability; and both on what can be considered Tier 2 nations [Not Great Powers but can easily become them] That seems to suggest these are additions; but the wording is really unclear.

Reactions:
I have not read through the patch notes fully I may have more questions.

I was curious what exactly does "- There is now a scaled penalty to Liberty Desire up to +25% at max Mercantilism." means?

Is this for only colonial nations? Protectorate? Or every subject get more LB no matter?

Really looking forward to all of this, but why did Brandenburg lost Lucky status too? I have never really seen it as any kind of "blob" in any of my games, let alone trying it to actually get its prussian provinces and form Prussia. Now it will probably disappear completely half of the games, because it starts out so small.

I guess with lucky status and nerfed Poland it might actually try to do something gamechanging.

I think we should risk negative traits for winning or losing battles.

Losing a battle might give you something with a positive and a negative though. "Retreat Expert" +10%move speed, -5% morale
TW games have pretty nice general traits for that, for example winning battles but with a lot more casaulties than the enemy side gives "Bloody" - lowers morale of troops slightly, or retreating often as you said - lowers "discipline".

Too bad there are only good ones, but AI can't retreat so they would get Bloody trait all the time :D

Reactions:
View attachment 210855

Patch 1.18 "Prussia Patch" is gearing up to be released alongside Rights of Man Tomorrow on the 11th October.

While saves from 1.17.1 will likely function, due to massive changes to the game there will undeniably be funky things going on with them if played in 1.18. We recommend that if you wish to complete your 1.17.1 games, roll back to version 1.17.1

These patchnotes are so long you could print them out into a book and "disinherit" your heir with it. here they are in full:

We strongly recommend staying on version 1.17.1 if you have any old ironman games you wish to finish! Updating to 1.18 will cause really strange behavior in games started with a previous patch level. You have been warned! -
Instructions on how to remain on a previous patch level!

Check out the renders for the free Evangelical Majors Pack unit pack here!
Looks great guys! Can't wait for the expansion

Reactions:
Oh, for the Great Ming, this is the catastrophe at all!
Extremely low development, according to PDS's calculation method, Ming in 1444AD scenario shall have 5000 base development, and the much lower base manpower! In Hongwu Period, the Ming had an army with 2 million manpower, just in 1600s, this seriously ill dynasty to feed 680K border guards.
I can endure the overly weak economy and the extremely weak military, and also the further strike from the new state-maintance system, which made it impossible to hire three 2-star advices in the 1444AD scanario for only 11 ducats total balance one month, though even 11 ducats /month is the greatest advanage of this paper tiger at all.
I would not like to compare the income of countries with other means, I just use the weight of the grain converted from tax:
(Agriculture) Land Tax=20802000 liang silver
Business Tax+Salt Tax=2238000 liang silver
(other income)=3487000 liang silver
In total, the income of Ming in 1550s is 26,527,000 liang silver, the price of rice in common age is 0.57 liang silver=one dan rice=94.4kg rice, thus the income of Ming can buy 4,393,244 ton rice.In unfortuate age, 2.65 liang silver= one dan rice, on avearge, one liang silver=one dan rice, thus the income could buy 2,504,149 ton rice.
I do not know the finance status of West European centralized countries, while I believe 4,393,244 ton rice is a huge value which could support the feed of over 800K army.The financial crysis of Ming was valued too higher than the really situation, and the biggest issue of finance in Ming is the difficulty to maintain a balanced central finance, which is the real question why the Ming dead, not for the crisis of the finance of the whole country.

Nowadays, it is basically sad that the Ming has little possibility to get out the crazy strict of the awful Celestial Empire before 1750s, it is obvious that the Eastern Asia will become the most underdeveloped region in technology aspect, it will become very easy for a western country to become the master of China even it has only 100 development especially when the Ming had not crush down.

In fact, I am not agree at the recent and the following design(nerf way) of China at all, the s**t mandate system make the Ming even contolled by players crush down like the cripsy china, the system in M&T should be better than this way. And I still not agree with the magic power of three points in improving provinces, it is magical at all, I still believe the development system shall be replaced with population system or other magic system with no transition in the value of provinces.

This is my complain in this magical game, and I still do not understand why the lands in China is thus too big and weak at all,I believe my discontent started from Art of War dlc, the provinces in Far East could get an expansion again for the new ugly nerf.

I'm a little indignation of the igorence and the nerf of Far East, so my word sounds much bad for these working for this interesting and rigorous(?) game and these waiting for this exciting new expansion, I feel sorry for this and hope you can read my article, and express your suggestion about what I said.

Reactions:

There is a reason why the limits are there and have not been taken out.

Otherwise we would see an "Ottoman Empire gorged on 30,000 development in far east" situation that will be messy and not fun for everybody wanting to play in far east.

Is Common Sense now an absolutely most important, powerful, essential, indispensable DLC?

From what i have seen during Florryworry streams is that if you are playing in the ROTW and you do not have this DLC you are going to die, because tech penalty is brutal and institution spread is extremely slow. But if you have Common Sense all your monarch points that you have wasted on westernization before, now you can dump in development.

Reactions:
Good stuff. I'm eagerly awaiting tomorrow :)

- There is now a scaled penalty to Liberty Desire up to +25% at max Mercantilism.

Ugh. Even more liberty desire. Is there ANYTHING except dip rep to make your vassals more loyal? A run as a vassal heavy overlord has become hard enough because the vassals have the annoying LD boosts at 100 and 300 development (regardless of the overlord's dev). Now add this new modifier as well. I don't see any fun gameplay reason to add this.

Reactions:
Missing some resolution to the merc spam... :(

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.