Patch 1.18.1 out NOW! - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is nice too:
- The Death of Haji Giray in the Crimean Khanate will now trigger an event where the pretenders may seek Ottoman Support. Should the Ottoman candidate be enthroned in Crimea the country will become an Ottoman March and may grant coastal provinces to their new overlord.
Totally. There's also need for "Conquer Southern Hungary" mission. Even "Conquer Serbia" and "Conquer Bosnia" missions almost never trigger in my playthroughs though.

Last edited:
Reactions:
- Kazani Ambition is now increased cavalry flanking.

This seems like a DIRECT nerf. 15% morale to increased cavalry flanking?

Well; Kazan's ideas are OP enough that they got Hordes in general nerfed after Cossacks because they were insanely strong at WC.

That and Cav Flanking isn't a bad thing. Especially as a Horde. Especially when Hordes are not by default stuck with 75% tech anymore. It's entirely possible to keep that 100% Cav limit the entire game now. Even if you have to go through a few civil wars. Flanking does more damage and hurts the enemy more. For all we know; the increased flanking might be better than the Morale.

Don't knock a new modifier before you try it.

Reactions:
Well; Kazan's ideas are OP enough that they got Hordes in general nerfed after Cossacks because they were insanely strong at WC.

That and Cav Flanking isn't a bad thing. Especially as a Horde. Especially when Hordes are not by default stuck with 75% tech anymore. It's entirely possible to keep that 100% Cav limit the entire game now. Even if you have to go through a few civil wars. Flanking does more damage and hurts the enemy more. For all we know; the increased flanking might be better than the Morale.

Don't knock a new modifier before you try it.
I get that Kazan is pretty much a WC nation, and is balanced for world conquest, I just didn't think hordes were really doing the WC runs anymore after all their nerfs. And if they were, why not use Manchu?

'Insitution Penalties can all tick up to 50%.'
Such sadness, the institution spread relatively slow compare to western europe but more controllable if you are willing to pump your development up to constipate it.trauib
'Eastern European starting development reduced.'
Certainly an interesting change, there were quite few topic complaining about Poland and Lithuania's development at the start of the game
'Knights lots their tolerance for heretics, but can instead do slave raids.Knights lots their tolerance for heretics, but can instead do slave raids.'
RIP Knights?
'Changes to Ethiopian Ideas'
Those who are interested in this change, they replace the +20 manpower in the traditions to -0.5 autonomy, the extra missionary strength/cheaper stability to an extra missionary and they replace the +5 discipline to +10 infantry combat ability.
'Dutch Idea Platoon Fire will now increase Fire Damage.
- Armories of Smolensk now give increased Fire damage.
- Armories of Smolensk now give increased Fire damage.
Nice change, and we get it!
'Celestial Empire no longer gives a tech discount.
There is a god!

dear PARADOX when will you add a map mod for our realms including vassals and/or PUs like this one ??? (Look at ottoman empire's vassals in europe)

Europe_map_1648.PNG

Totally. There's also need for "Conquer Southern Hungary" mission. Even "Conquer Serbia" and "Conquer Bosnia" missions almost never trigger in my playthroughs though.

me too, but i see lots of times that those missions is being triggered for AI ottomans. (you know i'm watcing them in observe mode)

Reactions:
I must say it somewhere, and here is as best as anywhere :

Thank you, PI, for listening to your customers.

I often saw complaints about the AI being unable to use some features. It seems you are working on that. Just with 1.17, I receive money from people when I'm at war with despised countries. With 1.18, it seems like the AI will now not only take and give loans, but also sell provinces. Maybe they will use estates sooner than later.

I also often posted about the non-viability of the DLC model, assuming that once one DLC is done, you won't go back improving it. I was wrong. You already improved CoP several times, however that was understood by me and others as fixing it. Now you add features to previous expansions and are willing to give some for free. I would like it if you would give more of the very old featured packones freely, but this is a start.

Reactions:
Are the patch notes correct in saying that in order to reform out of celestial empire as Ming you now need all institutions?
I am not complaining overly much because I am generally a little annoyed by china's strength and technological development as it stands but all institutions being required makes it impossibly to reform until like 1700.

I think they did it for the stake of historical accuracy. Remember historically the Ming didn't even make it to 1700 but was overthrown by the Manchus in 1644. And even then, it took until the 19th century before the Qing started to realize how far behind they were on the Western world, and until the start of the 20th century to get rid of the Empire and become a Republic. It's definitely still possible to beat history, but it's a little bit harder now.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.