HOI4 Sunflower 1.2.1 patch [checksum: 3d5f]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
This is a small hotfix to address some common issues.
For full detail on 1.2 Sunflower check here.

Please report bugs in the bug report forum, not in this thread.

Patchlog:
- Fixed an issue for users who had mods installed prior to the mod system update refusing to update etc
- Democracies allowing fascists in government no longer turn fascist faction leaders communist in election events
- AI now more careful about considering units in combats when it needs to rebalance fronts
- Improved AI supply evaluation for fronts with supply issues
- Changed language flag for English in launcher to show US/UK split (I fully expect everyone not to be happy with this, but this was at least what we wanted to do from the get-go)

Reactions:
- Changed language flag for English in launcher to show US/UK split (I fully expect everyone not to be happy with this, but this was at least what we wanted to do from the get-go
Good. Obviously, I'd have preferred Britain to have been the left flag, but this is better than nothing. I do think almost everyone will be at least moderately satisfied with that, apart from a few overzealous people wanting it to be reverted to just the US flag. Thank you.

Reactions:
podcat said:
I'll remove an ai fix for next patch for every post that brings it up again.

Good. Obviously, I'd have preferred Britain to have been the left flag, but this is better than nothing. I do think almost everyone will be at least moderately satisfied with that, apart from a few overzealous people wanting it to be reverted to just the US flag. Thank you.

better stop mention the flag thing :D

anyway, thx for the patch ;)

Reactions:
Thank you!
I just wanted to post a suggestion about untrained units.
If a tank/motorized unit was deployed instantly and was not properly trained it should have speed penalties i think.

Because i spam 1936 tech-1 eco-tank divisions with motorised infantry, give it no training and it moves lightning-fast across africa and australia. The purpose of such division is to cut off or interdict.

May be there should be a minimum amount of training for complex equipment. It's like you give 40 horsepower tanks to people who can not read or write and they start to blitzkrieg across Africa like meteors forwards and backwards.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I demand split flags which also includes Canada, Australia and New Zealand. And for the French also a split between France, Belgium and Canada. And the German...

Reactions:
Cheers for the super-quick patch :). That's two patches in two weeks! Cheers also for the new define to play with :).

Reactions:
Good, the flag thing is hopefully over now. I just wished it was the 50-star-flag of the USA ;)

Just joking ofc.

Nice update! Cheers!

Reactions:

It should be a Jamaican flag tbh

Reactions:
Hi podcat,

Thanks for the hotfix. Seems to works slightly better now.
However, it breaks the mod I'm working on and application crashes when the game launches (click new game, pick the country, game initializes, hear the bell, and crash).
I'm used to breaking the game and my mods, but this time, the application closes without writing 'error' file, which is blank.

The only info I have is from exceptions.log :

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x009D26F4: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000068
Version: Unknown Version
09/23/16 15:33:23

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x009D26F4: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000068
09/23/16 15:35:43

09/23/16 15:42:45

My mod modifies a lot of things in the defines.lua, but usually, I have plenty of info in the log.
Anyone else encountered a similar issue ?

Thanks.

EDIT :
After some testing, it seems the issue comes from... Manchukuo ;)
I added the country and makes it a puppet of Japan, but the game does not seem to like that.
By the way, did you notice the flag was already in the game, so PDX did plan to include it at some point... I will de-activate my changes and keep working without my Manchu friends :(

Last edited:
Here's an interesting thing that I've noticed, but already reported, but with a slight twist to it. Prior to 1.2, it was possible to skip songs currently playing in the background by moving the music volume slider all the way down to zero and then back up. Now it's no longer possible. Not entire sure why that was removed. Additionally, it appears that music will work for, say, 2-3 hours and then it will stop. Nothing will play as if the playlist has simply ended. One could argue that it's simply mods, but that doesn't explain why: a) they worked perfectly fine before; b) it should be different, considering that most if not all use the exact same structure to the script file as do Paradox's very own OST and music DLCs. Any ideas as to why that might be the case?

PDX uses US english as a convention for spelling and grammar, and thought it was good idea to reflect that with the flag in language selector

Make me wonder why there was a sudden switch from BE spellings in HoI 3 to AmE spellings in HoI 4. I seem to recall words like "manoeuvre" back in 3.

Is it expected that Finland is invited to the Axis by AI Germany while the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact is still active?

In my game with historical focus as USSR, after I got the claims for Finland, I issued the ultimatum which led to war. After the war had started, Finland joined the Axis. I was in an offensive war against the Axis, and the game said that I had broken the pact.

I would have expected that Finland would not be allowed in the Axis while M-R is active.

This is the closest existing thread on the subject I found. It seems to be more about the peace conferences, but I am concerned more about Finland's early entry into the Axis.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...d-by-an-event-and-not-actual-fighting.960991/

AI is still running around in the African interior and killing off its little pixeltruppen through excessive sunbathing.

Reactions:
Haven't played HOI4 for a couple of months and from what I gather here its definitely gonna be two more patches before I give it another go. HOI3 it is.

Reactions: