"Sunflower" (patch 1.2) released! [checksum: bb23]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, you mean his picture is set to the one in the German of the game? I was expecting something like this where his portrait had accidentally swapped itself with that of the leader of Liberia.
Smooth.

Will the next patch focus on diplomacy? I always see fascist countries join Axis even if germany has capitulated, It's not like Italy has created a fascist faction ....
Given the next patch is getting named Torch perhaps the focus will be teaching the AI how to do more coordinated invasions than sending a trickle of sad, single divisions to their doom...

Reactions:
I take a fascist " coup d'état " in Odessa district.

It's a fascist governement, but immediatly create, one day after they go to " allied " faction ... o_O

1474147597-wtf.jpg

I did a patch overview on YouTube for anyone who doesn't feel like reading the whole patch notes. I look at some of the key changes in game, and also give my thoughts on them.

Reactions:
After first play through so far as France the game has improved across the board.

I have been chuffed to note -

- AI much better at keeping up with equipment requirements
- AI is now relative genius at preventing encirclement
- AI Germany kept most of it's forces in Europe

On the Cons side AI still timid when confronted with entrenched defenders and I have also seen AI not completing conquests properly before re-deploying large numbers of units to another front.

On the whole a very positive number of steps forward; well done!

Reactions:
Are Québecois on board with the Canadian flag being used as a stand in for the English language?

As a québécois the fact that the world completly ignores the fact that 7 millions canadians speak french and not english is annoying. The fact that many americans don't even know Québec is a french province just shows the lack of respect for french. I often been told by people that québécois are annoying azzholes for not giving up french once and for all. So yeah, im angry. But not enough to comment on it, but since i saw your post i tought i would give my 2 cents.

Reactions:
Does this patch affect the japanese AI in China? 2 games and Japan lost manchouko an Korea between 39/40

It took me a few games before i witness japan winning and the chinese become a japanese puppet, it's another ahistorical crap. Chinese never been puppeted. They shouldnt be a puppet but just at peace for more historical accuracy, japanese invading all china everything was wrong, making them go puppet is even worst.

Reactions:
They shouldnt be a puppet but just at peace for more historical accuracy
Historical accuracy goes out the window the moment Japan actually wins; you may as well complain about ahistorical outcome of peace conference where Germany gets to dictate their terms to defeated USSR.

(Japan has historically set up puppet regimes in territories it conquered, so doing that with the bulk of China too, if they happen to defeat it, isn't that far fetched. Less far fetched anyway than taking it all over or Japan going 'you know guys, we beat you but we were just kidding with this whole war, let's just kiss and make up now and pretend it never happened')

Last edited:
Reactions:
You know, I think they should use the Irish flag for English language selection. Mostly to be contrary about a topic/controversy that is absolutely absurd. Better yet, the Newfoundland Flag, because it looks awesome, and well, Newfies are too! (and yes, the US flag had 48 stars in 1940. Deal with it.)

hey i got a problem, i got on and i have a version named 7dbd, and i want bb23, i have no mods on, no betas on, or nothing just the regular version-sunflower, so if someone could help me, that would be greatly appreciated

Regi
hey i got a problem, i got on and i have a version named 7dbd, and i want bb23, i have no mods on, no betas on, or nothing just the regular version-sunflower, so if someone could help me, that would be greatly appreciated
If you link your steam account you can access the tech support forum.

Reactions:
Whoopee ! A little advice from Steam, tried something (which I believe I tried yesterday) and it worked. 1.2 uploaded.

So far mostly good, however:
  • Okay, so Japan has made peace with China, but how have they got volunteers to Belgium* ?
  • South Africa seems to have sent me 20+ 'divisions' within a couple of weeks of the DoW and has another 10 - 15 in reserve. Historically they could field like 9 brigades at this point and each of those a combination of reservist infantry and full time artillery and engineers.
  • The Sahara is blocked, but that seems to be a result of starting from a 1.1.0 save. The mod I used for that isn't compatible.
  • The Polish Navy seems to have survived the fall of Poland, but seems to be sitting at anchor off Danzig, with part of the German Navy in Baltic ports. Mutually ignoring each other as far as I can tell. Maybe they should head for the UK before they run out of food and fuel. Either that or be surrendered to the German Navy.

Reactions:
Something has to be done about Japan sending reinforcements to Africa and Europe. Not only is it silly from a historical standpoint, but they're doing it when they're horribly losing in China but still have a foothold where those reinforcements can maybe fight out of.

It would be more historical IMO if Japan simply chose the Co-Prosperity Sphere NF with the historical box checked. Would stop them from dividing their attention between their immediate self interest and helping Romania conquer Greece. It's more historical than joining axis in all but name, since Japan's alliance with Germany and Italy amounted to some technology exchanges.

Reactions:
I'm sorry- I've been putting off getting Hoi4 while i wait to get a better PC and a more stable build.

Yet the reasoning behind the language flag chance is baffling- it's called the English language for a reason, even if you're using the US Dialect.

If you were really that worried about making a pointless change to something that wasn't broken, or incorrect then you could have used the hybrid flag of half-and-half
between the British-American flag.

Reactions:
Update on my earlier post. Still going well.

However:
  • Venezuelan volunteers have also shown up in Northern France / Belgium.
  • East Africa and Abyssinia no longer under Italian control, most of Italian naval forces in the vicinity sunk, but a squadron of one BB, one CA and one CL seem to be sailing up and down the Red Sea / Arabian Gulf. They have no port to operate from, how are they re-fuelling, etc. Why haven't they run for a neutral port in say Portuguese East Africa or Madagascar.
  • Tried to send more submarines to Malta from Southampton. They just disappear; no reports of being engaged by enemy forces. Tried twice. First time they disappeared. The second time I rebased them at Gibraltar and moved them there. Then when I tried to sail them on to Malta, first lost about half to the Italian Navy and they retired to Gibraltar, second attempt they again disappeared.
  • Italian convoys and I think 25 - 30 Italian submarines sunk in the English Channel.

Reactions:
I'm sorry- I've been putting off getting Hoi4 while i wait to get a better PC and a more stable build.

Yet the reasoning behind the language flag chance is baffling- it's called the English language for a reason, even if you're using the US Dialect.

If you were really that worried about making a pointless change to something that wasn't broken, or incorrect then you could have used the hybrid flag of half-and-half
between the British-American flag.

I must be missing something. Why is this relevant?

Reactions: