• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Slaughter

Colonel
20 Badges
Apr 25, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Good night! I have a netbook and I got a hankering for Crusader Kings, and my netbook is too weak for CKII.
So, I have been trying to make the original CK work with my netbook, which goes to maximum 1024x600 resolution. So far no such luck, even using GResChanger. GResChanger is clearly made with high resolutions in mind, not low ones, so it has a 800 pixels limit. Changed the title .bmp to the right resolution, changed settings file, used GRes and PSSwitch, nothing.

Even 800x600 resolution would make me content, yet no such luck there either. Tried using Dxwnd-OG but didn't work.

What does "So far no such luck" actually mean ?
That the game didn't start, didn't look as you thought or what is it ?
Whatever the first main menu looks like (it might look messy), check how it looks in-game.

Not sure regarding harware reqirements, but if you have CK and the Deus Vult expansion (aka CK Complete) and not only the base game, then it should be
working fine to change the resolution in settings.txt.

To play on 1024x600 works for me, but i'm on a regular PC and desktop screen.
Else try what i found here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...c-900-screen-resolution.467075/#post-10916877

What does "So far no such luck" actually mean ?
That the game didn't start, didn't look as you thought or what is it ?

Didn't start, gave me an error.

Not sure regarding harware reqirements, but if you have CK and the Deus Vult expansion (aka CK Complete) and not only the base game, then it should be
working fine to change the resolution in settings.txt.

To play on 1024x600 works for me, but i'm on a regular PC and desktop screen.
Else try what i found here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...c-900-screen-resolution.467075/#post-10916877

Managed to do it after enabling displayscaling, but that probably just increases resolution to 1024x768 when I start CKII, or so I think.

Now, for a different but similar question: Why CK is slower than For The Glory in my netbook? I want to run it at maximum speed! After Very Fast the game can't go further.

Here's the system reqs:
Processor: Pentium III 450 MHz
Memory: 128 Mb RAM
Hard Disk Space: 600 MB Free Hard Drive
Video Card: 4 Mb Video Card
DirectX®: 9.0c or better
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

My system, in comparison:
Processor: Intel Atom Dual Core 1.5 GHZ (2)
Memory: 2gb RAM
Hard Disk Space: Literally hundreds of gigs
Video Card: Intel Media Accelerator 3150.

Yes, my system is drek (its a old netbook!), but it is way over-qualified to run an old paradox game. Pretty sure I have ran heavier games on it.