• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zimxavier

Captain
21 Badges
Jun 27, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I created a batch file (around 800 lines) for sorting out all localisation lines in thematic files in order to organise them for translation, coding and maybe developing (currently they are sort out in accordance with game version).

>> Principles <<
- No line removed from vanilla except totally duplicate lines, lines unused beginning with # (commentaries) or empty lines. Thus, there are no really missing lines.
- Descriptions (desc_ or _desc) are put in the same file as their 'radicals' (_title or nothing)

>> Current list of files <<
buildings.csv
CB_war_names.csv
combat_tactics.csv
culture_groups.csv
decisions.csv
diseases.csv
event_modifiers.csv
events.csv
game_rules.csv
government_names.csv
government_types.csv
GUI_conditions.csv
GUI_GOV_REL_CUL_DESC.csv
GUI_messagetypes.csv
GUI_others.csv
GUI_TIPS.csv
GUI_tutorial.csv
job_actions.csv
laws_council.csv
laws_crown.csv
laws_demesne.csv
laws_obligation.csv
laws_succession.csv
map.csv
nicknames.csv
objectives_ambitions.csv
objectives_factions.csv
objectives_focuses_adult.csv
objectives_focuses_childhood.csv
objectives_focuses_education.csv
objectives_plots.csv
opinion_modifiers.csv
provinces.csv
realms.csv
religion_modifiers.csv
retinue_subunits.csv
static_modifiers.csv
string_Culture.GetName.csv
string_GetCrusadeName.csv
string_GetDeathReason.csv
string_GetFOA.csv
string_GetFromRelation.csv
string_GetPietyName.csv
string_GetPriestTitle.csv
string_GetScriptureName.csv
string_Religion.GetGroupName.csv
string_Religion.GetName.csv
strings_all_gods.csv
strings_compliment_adj.csv
strings_compliment_name.csv
strings_gender.csv
strings_insult_adj.csv
strings_insult_name.csv
strings_others.csv
succession_types.csv
titles_councillor.csv
titles_landed.csv
titles_minor.csv
tooltips.csv
traits.csv
wikipedia_links.csv
z_not_sorted.csv
(all unsorted lines)

If you find a line in a wrong category please tell me.
If you think there should be a better category for some lines feel free to tell me.

>>> Download CKII 2.6.2 localisation - Thematic reorganisation v1.0 (2016.10.12) <<<

Last edited:
Reactions:
Great stuff! Having some more order will be a great time saver.

Does this also work with mods?

Suggestion: for an alternate ordering: make a .csv with every string in each .txt file, plus another one with the strings which are referenced in nonw.

This way, for example, if you are working with say the file 04_traits, you would have its localisation all in the same place, instead of divided into three entries.

Reactions:
@ngppgn
Yes, it works with mods. As the files from this organisation and those from the game have not the same name, I suppose you would need to add a line to your "mod_name.mod" :
replace_path = "localisation"

There are a few duplicates, because Paradox use some lines in different contexts, but there shouldn't be any issues. (exemple : horse;Horse;chevaline;Pferd;;Caballo;;;;;;;;;x is a trait and a culture)

If I understand correctly your suggestion, you would like, for instance, a file 02_traits.csv with all traits from common\traits\02_traits.txt ?

Last edited:
More or less. What I would like in the 04_traits.csv in our example is all the localisation strings originating from 04_traits.txt. That would include all the trait names, trait descriptions, cumpliments and insults associated with it.

In the same way if I have an event file, say, some_events.txt, I would like some_events.csv containing all the descriptions, option names and custom tooltip keys defined in the event file.

Anyway, thanks for the clarifications and for the tool!

Some small suggestions to improve the sorting:

government descriptions are in the unsorted file instead of in government types, where they should be according to you stated principles.

I think getting the religious tags sorted by religion would be more useful, either in a single file or in different ones. That way, one would know by looking at the localisation file to which religion belongs each god or scripture name, for example.

Edit: the titles_councillor.csv don't include the default councillor names, nor their descriptions.

Last edited:
More or less. What I would like in the 04_traits.csv in our example is all the localisation strings originating from 04_traits.txt. That would include all the trait names, trait descriptions, cumpliments and insults associated with it.

In the same way if I have an event file, say, some_events.txt, I would like some_events.csv containing all the descriptions, option names and custom tooltip keys defined in the event file.

Anyway, thanks for the clarifications and for the tool!

It would be a totally new sorting and therefore a long work for me. But it is not my main reticence. There would be many duplicates and if you change a line in one file, you need to do it in the others. Some custom tooltips are used for more than one event. In the same way, some gods are common between religion (an example : Lucifer is a evil_god_names for Catholics and a god_names for Messalians). In my current sorting, there shouldn't be any duplicates.

Some small suggestions to improve the sorting:

government descriptions are in the unsorted file instead of in government types, where they should be according to you stated principles.

I think getting the religious tags sorted by religion would be more useful, either in a single file or in different ones. That way, one would know by looking at the localisation file to which religion belongs each god or scripture name, for example.

Edit: the titles_councillor.csv don't include the default councillor names, nor their descriptions.

- For the new sorting, see above.
- government descriptions will be in the government types file, thank you
- default councillor names are already in the good file, I think. I will add their descriptions. Thank you.

I will release the new version later today, I need to do some checks before.

New version for CKII 2.6.2

* Wrong category *
- government descriptions are now in government_types.csv
- default councillor descriptions are now in titles_councillor.csv
* File names changed *
- strings_compliment.csv becomes strings_compliment_name.csv and strings_insult.csv becomes strings_insult_name.csv

Last edited:
Reactions: