Paradox Partners with Matt "Shroomblaze" Crux for new DLC

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like this concept. There are lots and lots and lots of assets out there that should be in the "base" game (i.e assets you dont need to subscribe to).

But there are relevant questions asked in thread, and one I wonder about is optimization of assets. Last I played, loading times were horrendous despite my gaming rig is way above average, and of course way better than recommended specs. Knowing I had to wait for ~5 mins did not help my motivation for playing.

If CO take these assets in under its wings, and reduse loading times for them, then this is certainly good news - and I hope the first in a series of similar news. In fact, packs like this could be released bi-weekly or something, that would be awsome. I you ask me, the most interesting assets are made by fans, not by CO.

Will you also automatically remove buildings from subscribed assets, if a user pays for the DLC and the subscribed building is in the DLC? Or do we have to clean up ourselves?

If I have to clean up subscriptions myself, you need to provide me with some sort of carrot for why I should bother. Or as we say at work, when we prepare arguments used when "selling" new functionallity to users; "why should I use it, whats in it for me?"

I will have no problem buying DLC, in fact I would be willing to pay just to support Shroomblazes great work - but only if it is a "no hassle whatsover"-DLC that give me something in return (slightly faster load time)

Any comment on this, and future plans for similar DLCs made by fan-assets?

And again, I love this idea, and hope it is a success!

Regards
Kronoz

Reactions:
The three screenshots don't provide much to look at, I've seen better assets done by others on the Workshop.

I won't get into a discussion about who is the "best" asset creator, and who desveres to be first out with "own" DLC - there are way too many to mention in that regard. Who deserve this most is a discussion with no end and no "winners".

But Shroomblaze is certainly a very skilled and productive creator - take a look at his work here: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...recent&section=home&actualsort=mostrecent&p=1

Regards
Kronoz

Reactions:
Will you also automatically remove buildings from subscribed assets, if a user pays for the DLC and the subscribed building is in the DLC? Or do we have to clean up ourselves?
The DLC includes exclusive new content that hasn't otherwise been published so there's nothing to unsubscribe from. :)

Reactions:
The DLC includes exclusive new content that hasn't otherwise been published so there's nothing to unsubscribe from. :)

Hm, don't know if happy or skeptical [insert picture of fry from futurama here]. Hmm..

So in other words, all those golden assets out there will never be "adopted" by CO?

Ok, I am a bit dissapointed. But still, the concept is good; if others do a better job making assets than you do yourself, then hire them!

So in other words, all those golden assets out there will never be "adopted" by CO?
Ok, I am a bit dissapointed. But still, the concept is good; if others do a better job making assets than you do yourself, then hire them!
I'm afraid you have misunderstood the whole promotion.
No assets are being 'adopted' by Paradox or CO and no modder is being hired by them either.
Matt Crux, himself approached Paradox with the idea, and that is all that Paradox adopted.
To sell a bundled collection of assets, created by various modders. In this case, the first collection being 15 art deco assets by Matt Crux. These assets will not be found in the Steam Workshop.

Reactions:
To confirm- the Art Deco pack is exclusively for sale and will only be available to those who purchase the set. They have not previously been available on the workshop and will never be available for free on the workshop. The pack is the first in a series of custom assets designed and created by "hand picked" modders and available to buy only

Reactions: