• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My mod has over 10000 provinces so it probably is not that comparable to what happens in vanilla. I'm sure it's a corner case :D
That's... a lot of provinces.
Still, it should be a relatively consistent percentage of the time spent on characters, so even there it probably shouldn't be what's bringing it to its knees.

Not so much a bug but more an oversight with the notification balls at the top of the screen, you still get some of them even when it is impossible for you to achieve them. Things like being told you or your heir should marry even when you have traits blocking marriages. I believe those are the only two types that are not checked for off the top of my head but there may be more.

Just found a bug. The condition has_plot = yes does not seem to work, returning false if a character actually does have a plot. I'm using plot_target_char = { always = yes } as an alternative for now, but has_plot = yes is used in vanilla.
Not so much a bug but more an oversight with the notification balls at the top of the screen, you still get some of them even when it is impossible for you to achieve them. Things like being told you or your heir should marry even when you have traits blocking marriages. I believe those are the only two types that are not checked for off the top of my head but there may be more.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll make sure to get an eye on it.

I'm not sure this is the perfect place for this since I don't think it is mod specific but it is impacting my mod in particular because it has so many demense holdings. I've run into an issue where every month depending on how many days in the month the game freezes, the core that CK2 has access to goes to 100% and ck2game.exe shows not responding. This goes on for a while but eventually will start responding again. I ran a trace on the game process and from my limited ability to read it seems like all the troop calculations are being done for everyone at the same time.

CDemesne::CalcTotalMaxTroopCount and the associated sub processes seems to be what it's spending all it's time doing. My guess Is that this calc is done monthly for all characters on the 2nd, 18th or 25th depending on the month since if each char had their own it would be slow the same day of the month.

Would decreasing the number of troops per holding speed this up or the only way is to decrease the number of holdings?
On the question the number of troops per holding will most likely only have a very small impact on performance compared to the decrease in number of holdings. I don't have time to investigate the performance right now. But I might have in a while. If you do make it compatible with the new patch then please let me know the initial results and I might have time to look into what's possible to do.

Our mod uses ranges to keep characterIDs in the history files separate from eachother; it's split up by culture, so a given culture might have a range of 1000-2000, and if it has 9 historical entities, they'd be ID'd as 1001, 1002, 1003, and so forth.

We're considering cleaning them up so that they're more sequential, and we get lower character IDs. We were wondering what impact, if any, do numerically high Character IDs have on game performance?
It shouldn't have any impact. The only problem you'll have is if you get too close to the the max number ( I believe this should be just a little bit over 2 billions ). Because the game creates new character IDs for random characters with the highest historical ID + 1 and if we hit the limit we will get negative ID numbers and all sorts of weird stuff happens. So you should leave some room from your highest ID to the max limit otherwise the game will become unplayable after just a short while.

Reactions:
Was it changed recently that characters with a mercenary primary title are no longer playable? It's made some of the characters in our mod unplayable.
Not anything explicit that I know of. The only recent changes after March this year seems to have been related to converter fixes a couple of months ago.

What issue are you experiencing, instant game overs?

Reactions:
I think this is the right thread to ask this, I'm trying to figure out modding Forts, but most of the usual scopes and conditions don't work with forts at all. I'm trying to make anything capable of detecting that a fort holding has a building, but most scopes and conditions don't at all apply to forts. In the recent Dev Diary about optimization and modding, it was said that the upcoming hospitals could be scoped to the same way as Trade Posts and Forts (any_fort, fort, etc), and would have commands capable of building and destroying them. While that may exist for hospitals in the coming patch, I'm stuck thinking that may not actually never been true for forts.

Right now, the wiki has no mentions of any scopes, conditions or commands to do with forts (asides from a unused command to destroy a fort in a province) and I've tried applying the same conventions as commands and scopes relating to trade posts but I'm getting no results in game. Am I fishing for something that is simply totally undocumented on the wiki, or is it impossible to scope to a specific province's fort or use the has_building condition when you are in the scope of a fort?

I think this is the right thread to ask this, I'm trying to figure out modding Forts, but most of the usual scopes and conditions don't work with forts at all. I'm trying to make anything capable of detecting that a fort holding has a building, but most scopes and conditions don't at all apply to forts. In the recent Dev Diary about optimization and modding, it was said that the upcoming hospitals could be scoped to the same way as Trade Posts and Forts (any_fort, fort, etc), and would have commands capable of building and destroying them. While that may exist for hospitals in the coming patch, I'm stuck thinking that may not actually never been true for forts.

Right now, the wiki has no mentions of any scopes, conditions or commands to do with forts (asides from a unused command to destroy a fort in a province) and I've tried applying the same conventions as commands and scopes relating to trade posts but I'm getting no results in game. Am I fishing for something that is simply totally undocumented on the wiki, or is it impossible to scope to a specific province's fort or use the has_building condition when you are in the scope of a fort?
Forts are considered settlements by the game, so I think anything that works with baronies that isn't title-based should in theory work with forts.

However, it is possible quite a few things (E.G., building commands) are coded in a way that they assume the scope they're in is a title, even though forts aren't titles.

Not anything explicit that I know of. The only recent changes after March this year seems to have been related to converter fixes a couple of months ago.

What issue are you experiencing, instant game overs?

Yes, characters with a mercenary title as their primary title (but not those who hold a mercenary title, but not as their primary title) get a game over instantly. It also gets somewhat confusing because if you have a character scripted in the history, they will be playable from the start screen but you'll game over immediately.

Have you tried using fort = {} inside a province scope?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Zarathustra_the said:
@@Divine I am sorry to have to ask for your aid again, but in the leadup towards getting the current Warhammer release ready we appear to have found our way into a bug that we lack the ability to determine it's cause. What we do know is that it is somehow connected to A.I. pathing and units being spawned in the Null Province, We have further isolated that in at least once instance the pathing to the null province is occurring in relation to our primary ocean region.

Now while it is indeed probable that the crashes are caused from two separate points of origin, the nature of the occurence according to our debugging is that for some reason the a.i is scoping for its movement path to a province that is not where it is supposed to be.

We seriously have no idea at this point what is causing this crash, and from all appearances a similar crash can be found in the Birth Right mod, @@Blood Royal. At this point we would welcome any possible feedback onto the cause of this crash, or any other help you guys are willing to provide.

IF it would help, I can provide two saves that both trigger this crash,( one is connected to the raising of ships and the plotting of a movement path across the primary ocean, and a second save that has it occur as consequence of moving across the land,) as well as the current beta version of the mod via PM.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I've got my hands full at the moment but PM the current beta of the mod and the saves to @Captain Gars and he'll try to do some debugging today.

@Divine @Captain Gars I thought this issue had been fixed with the new patch, the divide by zero CTD for when some provinces in some total overhaul mods are not listed in order or there are some gaps in the numbers? Unfortunately, it's still around, can you perhaps take a look at it again? Birthright and Warhammer are pretty much unplayable with both random and non-random crashes because of this.

Here's the crash report from a debug tool, if it helps refresh your memory:

http://imgur.com/SXRhJ69

SXRhJ69

I sort of understand the scopes, but the main problem is that once I'm there, there's nothing much I can do there as mentioned above, conditions you usually use for holdings like has_building seem to be limited to holdings with titles.

I think that extra holdings, including forts, gained some extra triggers and effects with this patch. Can't give you any more details by memory right now though.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Zarathustra_the said:
@@Divine I am sorry to have to ask for your aid again, but in the leadup towards getting the current Warhammer release ready we appear to have found our way into a bug that we lack the ability to determine it's cause. What we do know is that it is somehow connected to A.I. pathing and units being spawned in the Null Province, We have further isolated that in at least once instance the pathing to the null province is occurring in relation to our primary ocean region.

Now while it is indeed probable that the crashes are caused from two separate points of origin, the nature of the occurence according to our debugging is that for some reason the a.i is scoping for its movement path to a province that is not where it is supposed to be.

We seriously have no idea at this point what is causing this crash, and from all appearances a similar crash can be found in the Birth Right mod, @@Blood Royal. At this point we would welcome any possible feedback onto the cause of this crash, or any other help you guys are willing to provide.

IF it would help, I can provide two saves that both trigger this crash,( one is connected to the raising of ships and the plotting of a movement path across the primary ocean, and a second save that has it occur as consequence of moving across the land,) as well as the current beta version of the mod via PM.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

@Divine @Captain Gars I thought this issue had been fixed with the new patch, the divide by zero CTD for when some provinces in some total overhaul mods are not listed in order or there are some gaps in the numbers? Unfortunately, it's still around, can you perhaps take a look at it again? Birthright and Warhammer are pretty much unplayable with both random and non-random crashes because of this.

Here's the crash report from a debug tool, if it helps refresh your memory:

http://imgur.com/SXRhJ69

SXRhJ69
I remember the bug, unfortunately the fix has either been reverted or it's still sitting locally on a computer. I'll try to push for a fix aimed for the next patch (I have no idea atm when the next patch is due though).

Reactions:
I remember the bug, unfortunately the fix has either been reverted or it's still sitting locally on a computer. I'll try to push for a fix aimed for the next patch (I have no idea atm when the next patch is due though).

Ahh, that's a damn shame. Now I suppose I must hope that the Reaper's Due is particularly buggy so it can get into a hotfix patch :)

Reactions:
Perhaps I am missing something but no matter what I do I cannot change the game_rules. I imported 00_game_rules into my mod and made my own separate file alongside. I followed the example of already existing "game_rule"s but it wouldn't show up, no matter what I tried. So next I tried something else; I removed all the game rules except for one in 00_game_rules.txt and deleted my extra file, in case there was something wrong with it.

Despite me deleting all the game rules except for one, they all still showed up. I even tried this setup with /common/game_rules being set as a replace_path in my .mod file with the same results; no matter what I did the game rules could or would not change. I can tell my mod is loading just fine otherwise so I'm at quite the loss now.

Is there another step I am missing, or this a bug?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Perhaps I am missing something but no matter what I do I cannot change the game_rules. I imported 00_game_rules into my mod and made my own separate file alongside. I followed the example of already existing "game_rule"s but it wouldn't show up, no matter what I tried. So next I tried something else; I removed all the game rules except for one in 00_game_rules.txt and deleted my extra file, in case there was something wrong with it.

Despite me deleting all the game rules except for one, they all still showed up. I even tried this setup with /common/game_rules being set as a replace_path in my .mod file with the same results; no matter what I did the game rules could or would not change. I can tell my mod is loading just fine otherwise so I'm at quite the loss now.

Same thing happened to me, can't for the life of me figure out whats up with it

Reactions:

We're looking into the game rule thing to see if we can find the issue with it.

Reactions:
It seems that there a problem with the "resource" icon displaying in the topbar (the wealth-prestige-piety-etc icons).

If you have a non-nomadic government (and religion) with uses_decadence = yes, then the decadence icon shows up just fine. On the other hand, if you have a non-decadence nomadic government, the manpower and population icons shows fine. However, if you have a nomadic government (and religion) that uses_decadence = yes, the decadence icon won't show up.

(Speaking of decadence, it seems that custom religions with using the uses_decadence = yes don't get the "Decadent dynasty members" panel in the religious tab, but I don't know if I need to do additional interface moding for that).