Crusader Kings II - 2.6.1 The Reaper's Due Patch - NOT for problem reports! [UUYR]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The "Regencies: On/Off" toggle - what does that actually do?

Reactions:
Thank you for this new update! :)
The "Regencies: On/Off" toggle - what does that actually do?
No more regents, presumably?

So Question
I just started a new game and there is no in game music at all. Is this a bug or am I missing something because there is no music what so ever and I am wondering why

So Question
I just started a new game and there is no in game music at all. Is this a bug or am I missing something because there is no music what so ever and I am wondering why
There is apparently an issue with context sensitive music. If you disable it, you should be able to hear music again. This will be fix ASAP, we are looking into it.

Reactions:
For those curious, here's what is different between this patch log and the one that was in Tuesday's dev diary:

###################
# Expansion Features
###################
- Revised Black Death & Epidemic Mechanics
- The Black Death is now a major world event with devastating consequences!
- There are many different Black Death outbreak scenarios, both fictional and historical (controlled via the Game Rules feature).
- Widespread plague might trigger an Epidemic Blame Game!
- Your peasantry demands blood! Will you blame the Witches, Jews or Cats - or simply ignore the peasant rabble?
- The aftermath of a major plague might result in your peasants claiming this is the End of Days!
- After the initial outbreak, the Black Death might become endemic and sporadically return.
- A plague banner will appear if the world is suffering from the Black Plague or if a minor Epidemic is in your realm, clicking it will bring you to the Epidemic Map Mode.
- Hover the banner to see the epidemics currently ravaging the world!
- The new mapmode shows the coverage and spread of Epidemics across the map!
- Minor Epidemics (I.e. Slow Fever or Consumption) are more frequent and spread in a more logical manner.
- Minor Epidemics might have Minor, Normal or Major outbreaks.
- Provinces infected by epidemics, especially the Black Death, might become Depopulated.
- Depopulated provinces carry many penalties, such as tax, levy and supply limit, but are easier to convert!
- Disease and Depopulation will have accompanying aesthetics:
- Plague graphics; ravens and rats, peasants stacking or burning corpses, and even a grim reaper if things are really dire!
- Plague audio; from occasional coughing to hordes of wailing peasants!
- Chronicle entries for plague outbreaks and regions being depopulated.

- Seclusion Decision
- Characters may go into Seclusion when an epidemic threatens, shutting their capital holding off from the world. In seclusion characters are safe from the disease outside, as long as no one inside is already infected...
- Secluded characters will be marked by a portcullis icon on their portrait.
- When in Seclusion, contact with the outside world is limited.
- Special Seclusion events will trigger for secluded courts, i.e. starvation.
- A ruler can at any time open the gates and go out of seclusion, doing this too early might have consequences...

- Hospitals
- Hospitals are a new type of holding that can be accessed and built in the Extended Province View.
- Hospitals protect against Epidemics, and help alleviate the effects of Depopulation.
- There are several types of buildings that can be constructed in the Hospital holding, i.e. Leper Colonies, providing various benefits.
- An icon in the Province view will show the current 'Hospital Level' of a province, and the benefits of having them.
- You may ask the leader of a holy order of your faith to build a hospital in your capital in exchange for permission to build a castle there too.

- Prosperity
- Provinces who are not Depopulated will eventually start to Prosper!
- Prosperity can increase in three levels, providing more benefit for each level.
- Prosperity ticks up over time, but is decreased by disease, bad governance and war.
- Random events may increase prosperity of specific provinces.
- Bringing back loot as a raider will increase prosperity.
- A new ambition has been added that allows a peaceful ruler to increase the prosperity of their realm.
- Prosperity increases the tax and levy regain rate of a province, while also reducing the revolt risk.
- Prospering provinces are more likely to attract Epidemics.
- Each independent realm of the rank Duke or above, as well as larger vassals, may set a province as their Crown Focus!
- The Crown Focus province will prosper quicker!
- If the Crown Focus province has the highest level of prosperity special events may trigger giving permanent rewards, i.e. province modifiers giving bonuses and extra holding slots!
- Your Crown Focus is marked with a 3D crown icon on the map for easy reference!

- Revised Maimed Traits
- Characters no longer just get 'Maimed', there is now an entire category of maimed traits!
- When you're maimed you now either become One-Eyed, One-Handed, One-Legged, Disfigured or Mangled.
- One-Eyed and Disfigured characters will have new on-portrait graphics! Sport eyepatches, broken eyes, silver masks and other ornate facial coverings.
- When Maimed you gain a temporary trait, 'Severely Wounded', which will heal over time.
- Severe Wounds can develop into full-blown infections.
- Trait-specific flavor events, host a masquerade ball, become ambidextrous, or many others!

- New Character Disease System
- Gone are the days of simply becoming 'Ill', diseases now come in many flavors!
- Before manifesting a disease you will now gain up to three Symptoms, symptoms can also be harmless products of paranoia.
- Headaches, Fevers, Chest Pains, Diarrhea and many more!
- Diseases are more varied and, in general, more deadly!
- New diseases include the Flu, Gout, Dysentery, Rabies, Cancer and Food Poisoning.
- Characters with Leprosy will become disfigured over time.
- Spend enough time at sea and you might contract Scurvy!
- Diseases have a chance to be mild, severe, or bedridden/incapacitating. Strong and Brawny characters are more likely to get mild illnesses, while weak, frail, or old characters are more likely to get severe or incapacitating illnesses.
- Injured or bedridden characters can get an offer to receive care from a spouse, lover or child. Accepting will lead to a good or bad outcome. The caretaker can choose to take advantage of the situation and botch the patient’s treatment.

- Court Physician
- In order to protect yourself from Disease, you can now employ a Court Physician!
- Court Physicians will attempt to diagnose any symptoms you have in order to treat your disease more effectively.
- Court Physicians provide various types of treatment for diseases, ranging from cautious to experimental and even mystical!
- Court Physicians will, in addition to treating you, treat anyone in your court.
- Choose to reward a Physician for a job well done, or punish them for failing in treating your friends and relatives.
- A new decision allows you to scour the realm to find a Court Physician, though beware of quacks...
- Plenty of new flavor events tied to the Court Physician.

- Prisoner Interactions
- Depraved rulers can now choose to Torture or Mutilate their prisoners.
- You can choose to Publicly Humiliate your foes to sap their prestige.
- When executing a prisoner you will no longer just 'execute' them, instead a culturally appropriate execution method will be chosen! A few new methods include:
- Burning heretics and witches at the stake.
- Carving your enemies into Blood Eagles.
- Impaling your victims.
- Crushing prisoners with Elephants in India!
- And many, many more!

- Life & Death Events
- In addition to feature-specific flavor events, there is also a host of new Life & Death events!
- Go on a quest to find Eternal Life! Who knows, you might even get what you wish for...
- Reaction events for firstborn children and firstborn sons.
- Events for mourning the loss of friends, rivals and lovers.
- Gain a plethora of new pets to keep you company, i.e. cats!

- Added targeted decisions and associated events to ask vassals to end their wars against each other.

###################

- Monthly prestige/piety province modifiers are now added to the character

- Split of Somhairle dynasty into cadet branches for MacDougall and MacDonald
- Added parentage of Somerled plus his sister and her marriage relation
- Gave MacDougalls control of Argyll until battle of Pass Brander
- Added later generations of MacDougalls and their marriage relations
- Added ancestry of Comyn family and included their brief control of Northumberland
- Fixed mother of Robert de Brus' daughter Maud/Matilda
- Fixed date of death of Robert de Brus' first wife
- Fixed gender of a Macruari character (was set to female when should have been male)
- Fixed dates of birth of Thomas Randolph's parents so they aren't 13 when he's born
- Connected spouse to Duncan II of Scotland

- Declining a CtA now has correct prestige cost

- Fixed so days_since_last_hostile_action trigger also includes attached units

- Characters that are not primary attackers/defenders can no longer call allies in wars with one enemy participant

Tuesday:
- AI no longer calls all allies into war, but only tries to get more than 1.25 times the opponent's strength
Today:
- AI no longer calls all allies into war, but only tries to get more than 1.5 times the opponent's strength

Tuesday:
- Theodore Branas now a vassal of Latin Empire
- Various fixes to English Percy and Neville families
- Added some new Anglo-Saxon title localisations
- Reworked some English province histories so that historic Anglo-Saxon holdings more prevalent at earlier start dates
- Added some late game holders of Mathura
- Corrected map positions in Iceland

Today:
- Fixes for Theodore Branas
- Various fixes to English dynasties + Percy / Neville families
- Changes to Anglo-Saxon provinces
- Late game holders of Mathura
- Corrected positions in Iceland

Tuesday:
- Expanded Borijin dynasty
- Added brawny trait to Sancho of Navarra
- Fixed William Longswords's date of birth
- Added 2110 new Wikipedia entries (more than double current number)

Today:
- Borijin changes
- Change to Sancho of Navarra
- Fixed William Longswords's DOB
- Added some Wikipedia entries

Tuesday:
- Fixed various bugs in saxon.txt
- Essex, East Anglia, Hwicce, and Kent are tributaries of Mercia in 769

Today:
- Fixed a various bugs in saxon.txt
- Essex, East Anglia, and Kent are tributaries of Mercia in 769

Tuesday:
- Changed the date of death of the last Merovingian so he's alive as an unlanded monk in 769

Today:
- Changed the date of death of the last Merovingian so he's alive in 769

- Altered traits of Sancho of Navarra
- Lots more Wikipedia links
- Set Hwicce as tributary of Mercia in 769

- Fixed Dorset province holding assignments to better reflect reality
- Fixed a few false twins in saxon.txt

- added some more wiki links from betas
- 1028 more Wikipedia links

- Replaced holders of c_mathura

I removed a few lines from these lists that WinMerge had highlighted, that I noticed had been rearranged, not just removed or added, so this post shouldn't be considered perfect, as there might be others of the sort that I missed.

Reactions:
For those curious, here's what is different between this patch log and the one that was in Tuesday's dev diary:

Err....incorrect for the most part in my opinion when i did the same.
Only "Expansion features" are not in and some lines on Scotland, while of all other i found only differently worded and lines moved around up or down.
One line that changed some value from 1.25 to 1.5.

The same with "Lines in Today's..", except the line with Dorset.

Sadly Paradox can't hold the line..in patch logs...

Edit: ..and with Sancho it was first only the brawny trait, now its plural...
*sigh*

Whatever, it's only the patch log, but a little irritating.

Last edited:
This is going to be a Noob Question
But where do I find " context Sensitive Music ?

Hit Escape. Click on Game Options, then Audio. Context Sensitive Music will be one of the options. If it's checked, uncheck, hit Apply...

This is going to be a Noob Question
But where do I find " context Sensitive Music ?

In the game menu, Audio options:

upload_2016-8-25_19-21-17.png

Reactions:
Try turning off "Context Sensitive Music" and it should work :)

As i have Context Sensitive Music on and no problem*, may i ask what is the reason for the issue or what is it related to ?

*edit: turned out it is only playing a few DLC songs, but not all. Far from it.

Last edited:
Say, is anyone else who purchased the DLC via the Paradox Store having issues activating it? When I click the Activate button, I get an error message that says:
Something went terribly wrong, please try again later.

I'm not sure yet, I'm not at the office right now. I also have no problem with it personally.

Thanks still for the response.:)