• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This week has been intense! We have been working on a smaller patch to celebrate the start of the 2016 UEFA European Championship and tomorrow there will be a free football (the REAL kind) related mini DLC available for free!

Alongside the mini DLC there will be a small patch to fix a few issues and adding the pre-order content for everyone to enjoy. Most interesting adjustments in the patch are the solar power plants producing now 70% of the daytime output and After Dark's Tourism specialization attracting more tourists. The full patch notes are listed below.

The team at Colossal will continue to work hard on bringing new content and improvements to Cities: Skylines in the future and I hope you enjoy this little update in the meanwhile!

Cheers,
Mariina

1.5.0-f4

Free Football DLC, available to download on Steam Thursday the 9th of June
  • Football Stadium
  • Football match mechanics
  • Possibility to customize football team colour
  • New policies
  • New Chirps
  • New Chirper hat
Patch for all the players, available after devs get to the office on Thursday (UTC+2/EET)
  • Pre-order content added to the base game!
  • Email subscription included on the Paradox account creation page
  • Fixed: 'Unsubscribe All' and 'Add style' are inconsistent with rest of the buttons in Content Manager under Style and Steam Workshop tabs
  • Fixed: Incorrect lighting on H2 3x2 Office13 building during day
  • Fixed: {0} symbol appear next to the price while buying new tile in DE
  • Fixed: Solar Plant producing lower amount of energy during night (Solar power plant now produces 70% of the daytime output during the night)
  • Fixed: Parks & Recreation policy mentioned the Decoration budget (now Decoration is removed)
  • Fixed: Map Editor: Saving a new map (in the map editor) and then loading it result in broken map
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: Design: Tourism Specialization does not attract more tourists
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: Bikers stands backwards when waiting at a red light
  • Fixed: LOC: GER: The "Young Adults" text in a district's Info Panel is cut off
  • Fixed: Text: Names exceeding 14 characters are cut-off
  • Fixed: Text: UI: The text fields of citizens or vehicles info panels can overlap when using long custom names
  • Fixed: UI: The number of unread chirps overlaps city notifications, causing it to flicker as well
  • Fixed: Text: UI: Several characters are cut off when displayed in the City Name text field, of the New Game panel
  • Fixed: Bus doors are on the wrong side when using left hand traffic
  • Fixed: Snowplow blade face the wrong way when using left hand traffic
  • Fixed: Landscaping: Tooltip for "Parks and Recreation" policy in milestone menu mentions "Decoration"
  • Fixed: LOC: RU: The text box for "Cost: {0} / cell" ("Стоимость: {0} / клетка") is overlapping in Hydro Power Plant info

CO you keep suprising me! In last weeks I thought the development will slow down and you will take your time with new DLCs but no. I did not expect that you might squeeze another tiny DLC in the meanwhile! And for free! Although I am not a big fan of football, matches in city are most welcome. If only I could write my implementation files that fast. :D
It is pointless to raise up any wishes or questions. I guess you have your feedback so keep working on this beautiful game and bring us something big in the autumn. I am looking forward to it. :)

I really don't understand the negativity directed at Match Day Football DLC. First of all IT'S FREE! It adds animation. Whether you're a fan of football is neither here nor there- it's not as if CO has introduced a new element with the depth and complexity of Football Manager or FIFA 2016 to the game and given it top billing. It is a very simple addition to leisure and tourism which many have been asking for since After Dark was released. Some folks are only happy when they're unhappy!

Reactions:
This will be fun who is going to teach our Finnish friends, the rules of Cricket? but there again in went the DLC and now all I get is Cities Skylines has an error bye bye - so one non soccer fan/ footie fan very disgruntled !

66B02FFF0C0737549D77A0014D87263105F8005C

Traffic armageddon and criminals after a football match

11/10 for realism !!!1!!1!

Reactions:
It's also soccer in some places. We have in Afrikaans which is my home language. (South Africa) we call it 'sokker'. It mostly is called football because it is huge in Europe and that's what you call it. However it was merely a joke.

Loving match day so far, real nice stadium! Way to go

Here are my experiences with the latest patch:

The amount of tourists/week increased from ~800-900 to ~4500 - 5000 in my game. It varies a bit, but this is a really good improvement. I noticed lots of Tourist went into the Stadium to attend the match :) I also noticed, that I suddenly had a weekly change of +1500/week People moving in. This lasted several minutes and city size grew up from 230k to 260k within minutes. With the previous version it stagnated, so this is also positive. I noticed there are also score boards inside the stadium, but actually don't display the current score during the game. This would be nice too, just a detail, but nice.
Another person already mentioned the text about multiple stadiums. With the previous version I always had ~ 3% unemployment, and now it seems more dynamically.
Yesterday I had 8%, which is the highest value I ever had.

While playing, the football match mechanics mentions about subsidized youth being 9,000 per week multiplied by the number of stadiums.

Is this just a translation bug, or will there be further additions? My Team already won their first game and I received 500K (!) for this. WOW, big money boost :)
All in all the patch is great, mostly noticeable are the tourist and solar power plant changes, which are very positive gameplay changes for me. I haven't noticed any new Problems. Thank you!

I got a problem after the patch like big pixelled game.. at first, i thought it was because mods but not. And then not long after, i got an update from my nvdia card, and since no problem. x)

Thank you again, CO ! :D

Reactions:
Reactions: