• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the code really is as you quote, then the error would be the missing closing bracket which is skipped by the parser due to the comment starting mid-line.
Oh, right! The closing bracket is after #, so it gets skipped.
Whoever commented it out must've overlooked that in the same way as I did.

But never mind, that's fixed in the current version. I seem to have been using an old one.

Event 3660 is still broken, though. It generates far too many traitless poets, who end up cluttering the courts after a few centuries.

Last edited:
Oh, right! The closing bracket is after #, so it gets skipped.
Whoever commented it out must've overlooked that in the same way as I did.

But never mind, that's fixed in the current version. I seem to have been using an old one.

Event 3660 is still broken, though. It generates far too many traitless poets, who end up cluttering the courts after a few centuries.

hm... i fixed the traitless part, but what do you mean by "generates far too many"? I didn't notice anything...

hm... i fixed the traitless part, but what do you mean by "generates far too many"? I didn't notice anything...
Let it run for a couple of centuries, then check how many generated poets there are in the world (though if you fixed the traits, they'll be hard to spot). In my latest game, two thirds of all the poets in the world were generated by it.. All lowborn courtiers with no marriage prospects, just taking space and lowering fertility for more important characters.

Well, okay, maybe fixing the traits will make them less worthless. But it's still a whole lot of generated poets, because that event can trigger repeatedly for any poet with matching traits. And come to think about it, since you fixed the traits, it will now also trigger for some of the poets who were generated by the event. I suspect that some courts will be overflowing with them now.

That might be why they were missing traits in the first place. Might be a good idea to restrict that event from firing too often.

Last edited:
Looking at event #3660, it seems like any character (even if they're not a ruler) with the Poet trait has a chance every year of firing this on_action event and creating yet another poet. It's an odd thing for an event to do, but it's a vanilla event which has been around forever...one would think, if it was that big of a problem, people would have been complaining about it for quite some time. Or do you just suppose nobody's noticed?

I'll limit it to rulers only. Considering no one else noticed it, I think that'll be enough.

pre-triggers FTW!

Might want to maybe set a flag on the ruler so it only happens once to an individual, as well.

This probably isn't anything serious, but playing in a region that's set as terrain type 'savanna' (which doesn't exist in the vanilla) floods the error log with this:
"[eu3idler.cpp:314]: Unhandled terrain savanna found when processing sounds".

Might have some effect on the performance? But I don't know if that can even be fixed, I've never done any sound modding.

I made a customized female count and started the game. After some weeks, my character gets married AUTOMATICALLY with an arbitrary male character. I did not made any actions related to a marriage. Is it a intended feature? In order to reproduce this, you can make a customized female count of Guines (at strait of dover, french side) and take some time for triggering the forced marriage.

Yeah, looks like all random_character scopes from line 922 onwards in CK2Plus_marriage_decisions.txt are missing the 'ai = yes' line. So those can and will randomly marry off the character you're playing. Doesn't look like it's limited to females either.

That should probably be fixed.

Reactions:
This probably isn't anything serious, but playing in a region that's set as terrain type 'savanna' (which doesn't exist in the vanilla) floods the error log with this:
"[eu3idler.cpp:314]: Unhandled terrain savanna found when processing sounds".

Might have some effect on the performance? But I don't know if that can even be fixed, I've never done any sound modding.

Vanilla, I'll forward the information.

I made a customized female count and started the game. After some weeks, my character gets married AUTOMATICALLY with an arbitrary male character. I did not made any actions related to a marriage. Is it a intended feature? In order to reproduce this, you can make a customized female count of Guines (at strait of dover, french side) and take some time for triggering the forced marriage.

Yeah, looks like all random_character scopes from line 922 onwards in CK2Plus_marriage_decisions.txt are missing the 'ai = yes' line. So those can and will randomly marry off the character you're playing. Doesn't look like it's limited to females either.

That should probably be fixed.

Will look into it.

EDIT: Fixed, thanks!

Last edited:
If your equality law drops from full equality to female marshals (or lower, I assume) and you inheritance laws are cognatic, enatic-cognatic, or enatic, you can not reinstate full equality without first switching back to agnatic-cognatic.

If your equality law drops from full equality to female marshals (or lower, I assume) and you inheritance laws are cognatic, enatic-cognatic, or enatic, you can not reinstate full equality without first switching back to agnatic-cognatic.

known, fixed already in the dev build

Reactions:
North Germanic pagan feudal count-tier rulers seem to have the title "Chief of ..." rather than "Thane". Tribal or Christian ones get Thane correctly.

Edit: I guess this is just because all pagan counts get called Chief. But it's weird for the Norse because they don't get called that when tribal.

Last edited:
North Germanic pagan feudal count-tier rulers seem to have the title "Chief of ..." rather than "Thane". Tribal or Christian ones get Thane correctly.

Edit: I guess this is just because all pagan counts get called Chief. But it's weird for the Norse because they don't get called that when tribal.

Sounds weird to me, I'll check.

One more case of "not sure if WAD, reporting just in case it's not". The Duchy of Pomerelia isn't included in Provincia Germania.

I'm not sure it's supposed to be included anywhere, Pomerelia was never roman. In-game Roman provinces go only to the borders of the empire at its height.

EDIT: I can se that pomerania is included... weird

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's supposed to be included anywhere, Pomerelia was never roman. In-game Roman provinces go only to the borders of the empire at its height.

EDIT: I can se that pomerania is included... weird

Scotland and Ireland weren't part of the empire, and neither was most of Germany, yet they're included as Imperial Provinces as Caledonia, Hibernia, and Germania respectively. Also of note is the lack of a province of Armenia or province of Dacia, despite Rome controlling both Armenia and most of Hungary at its height.

If duchies are going to be trimmed, consider taking another look at Mauretania. All of de jure Morocco was added to it with the latest map, but judging by all the maps I could find, it doesn't appear that the empire ever controlled the land in the duchy of Laayoune.

Last edited:
Reactions:

Sounds weird to me, I'll check.

Probably something to do with the cultural renaming. I know there were issues because paradox (stupidly) made religious renaming overwrite cultural renaming. We, at one point, had the file with the pagan religious localizations included in the mod in order to prevent this issue. Not sure if paradox moved said localization or the file was removed from the mod. When I "overhauled" (hesitate to call just a bunch of localizations an overhaul) the cultural/religious localizations I tried to ensure that any secular titles were localized by title and any theocratic titles were localized by religion with little to no exception.

tl;dr the count_pagan localization is to blame. It needs removed from the vanilla localization via inclusion of the file in the mod to fix the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.