• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any chance that we could get a Mod related version of
Code:
host_has_dlc = "name"  # Checks if the host has a certain dlc enabled
local_has_dlc = "name"  # Checks if the host has a certain dlc enabled

I tried using a Mods Name, the one set in descriptor.mod, but that always returned false.
This would be very usefull for split mods and would enable us to change how two parts of a mod work together.
For example an Anomaly Reward, if mod xyz is enabled get tech from mod xyz, else some research points.

Kind regards!
Sounds like a great idea. I'll see if it's a quick thing to add.
EDIT: Actually when I think about it. It is a bit of a problematic trigger. Especially the local_has_dlc/mod one. If it's used carelessly then it could easily create out of sync issues. And we do need a bit of extra data structuring to take care of a potential host_has_mod one which I hoped to avoid.

I'll try to look into it all more when I have time.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea. I'll see if it's a quick thing to add.
EDIT: Actually when I think about it. It is a bit of a problematic trigger. Especially the local_has_dlc/mod one. If it's used carelessly then it could easily create out of sync issues. And we do need a bit of extra data structuring to take care of a potential host_has_mod one which I hoped to avoid.

I'll try to look into it all more when I have time.

Thank you, that would be very appreciated. Right now im trying to use timed flags to identify if two parts of my mod are active, but that has severe limitations as its not a on_load check.
Alternatively an on_load trigger in on_actions would at least allow for more accurate checks.

Thanks a lot =)

@Divine , i've noticed that adding ship modifiers using "add_modifier" does not seem to be correctly using the "days" input variable (if I am not mistaken..) - currently all added modifiers to ships will last forever. Is a fix for this functionality coming any time soon? Without "days" when adding modifiers, i'm having to use flags and pulse events to remove modifiers, and it's getting very messy. :(

Divine, perhaps we could set up a second thread dedicated to reporting errors (or perceived errors) and core missing functionality like this? We have the suggestions thread, but a lot of the stuff in there is "I wish", and it would be good to have a more focused area that you look at from time to time where we can report things like this..

Reactions:
Divine, perhaps we could set up a second thread dedicated to reporting errors (or perceived errors) and core missing functionality like this? We have the suggestions thread, but a lot of the stuff in there is "I wish", and it would be good to have a more focused area that you look at from time to time where we can report things like this..
There seems to be some missing modding functionality posts already in the suggestions thread. But if the modders at large feel that the forum would benefit of keeping two threads alive at the same time and separating the issues then by all means, go ahead and organize one. As long as it doesn't become half a dozen threads I should probably be able to at least try and keep up.
@Divine , i've noticed that adding ship modifiers using "add_modifier" does not seem to be correctly using the "days" input variable (if I am not mistaken..) - currently all added modifiers to ships will last forever. Is a fix for this functionality coming any time soon? Without "days" when adding modifiers, i'm having to use flags and pulse events to remove modifiers, and it's getting very messy. :(
Unfortunately this isn't an easy issue that about add_modifier. This seems to be an issue that the ships doesn't update the decay on their modifiers. I'll notify the team on this but since it might impact performance on the game I'm leaving it up to them to find a solution.

Reactions:
I'm just posting here as a notification that I'll be gone on vacation for 3 weeks from now. So be nice towards the team working with Stellaris in the meantime and I'll be back soon enough. Hopefully I'll be able to concentrate more on one project at a time then rather than keeping track of all of our projects at the same time. But time will tell what my tasks will be.

Happy modding while I'm brb.

Reactions:
There seems to be some missing modding functionality posts already in the suggestions thread. But if the modders at large feel that the forum would benefit of keeping two threads alive at the same time and separating the issues then by all means, go ahead and organize one. As long as it doesn't become half a dozen threads I should probably be able to at least try and keep up..

Having a few more of these utility threads (including this one) as stickies might help.

Reactions:
New features added in 1.2.3?

I'm just posting here as a notification that I'll be gone on vacation for 3 weeks from now. So be nice towards the team working with Stellaris in the meantime and I'll be back soon enough. Hopefully I'll be able to concentrate more on one project at a time then rather than keeping track of all of our projects at the same time. But time will tell what my tasks will be.

Happy modding while I'm brb.

So and what?

As i tested, new features not added to 1.2.4.
[22:00:26][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Unknown modifier: weapon_type_strike_craft_speed_mult, near line: 2

So... If you wanted a reply from Divine or someone from the dev team, you probably aren't going to get it until he returns. That is all.

So and what?

As i tested, new features not added to 1.2.4.
[22:00:26][persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Unknown modifier: weapon_type_strike_craft_speed_mult, near line: 2
It doesn't sound like it made the merge to the patch then. If my additions make it to the patch they will be in the changelog so the best way is always to keep an eye on those. They'll be similarly worded as my updates in this thread.

Reactions:
It doesn't sound like it made the merge to the patch then. If my additions make it to the patch they will be in the changelog so the best way is always to keep an eye on those. They'll be similarly worded as my updates in this thread.

Welcome back divine! I thought you might like to take a look at this: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-the-brunai-imperium.962113/

It's the mod i had been working on when you left (finally released). We still have that bug where we can't define our own worldgfx, guess that didn't make it into the patches.

I've added a log trigger and a log effect to help with debugging scripts. I'm quoting a post I did in another thread with example usage.
Would be great if that was in the wiki at least. Are we supposed to look at the forums for random language features that may or may not have been added? Good job so far on the API (he said, sarcastically).

Welcome back divine! I thought you might like to take a look at this: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-the-brunai-imperium.962113/

It's the mod i had been working on when you left (finally released). We still have that bug where we can't define our own worldgfx, guess that didn't make it into the patches.

Cool mod, hopefully you can get the galaxy icons working eventually. :)

Would be great if that was in the wiki at least. Are we supposed to look at the forums for random language features that may or may not have been added? Good job so far on the API (he said, sarcastically).
I'm working as an auxiliary on all of the projects. Therefor I'm not in charge of the patch schedule and whether or not my changes to the script language makes it in a patch or not. It's all at the discretion of the projects themselves if they make the cut or not. It would be rather confusing then if I add the script features to the wiki months in advance to when they actually hit the live version.
We've added the console command trigger_docs and effect_docs which will print the available triggers and effects to a log file in the newer titles (HoI and Stellaris).

Also the wiki is moderated by Meneth who'll make sure that it's a pleasant environment with a proper structure. However the wiki is community driven so if you see something that is missing there it would be most welcome to make a contribution to the wiki.

Reactions:
Hello, @Divine, could you clear some moments, please. Here's some comments inside sector_types.txt:

Code:
# production_targets: strategic resources
# ships: ships to build
# military_station: set to yes if want to build military stations
# modifier: modifiers

In the comments, modifier section is listed, however, it doesn't work ingame, causing error. Is it for future plans?