• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By "valid opinion modifier" I mean those opinion modifiers which permit execution - such as the one you'd get on someone if they attempted to assassinate you and failed.

This is happening in vanilla as well (check here or here or here, for instance), and has nothing to do with the mod. Nor can the mod prevent it, as those opinion modifiers are hard-coded.

Ahh, shame, my apologies then. Thanks for the responses though.

In my current Scotland game, I just had the event chain where I go to St. Kilda to cure my illness. It seemed to end on a note where I would worship the pagan gods there afterwards.

However, I'm still Catholic. Is this a bug? The most I can find about this event is on the page:
http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Ancient_Religions

Which further confirms my suspicion that something didn't trigger properly.

Luckily, I apparently have an autosave right when the event triggered.

68D8EC9B2718241FC7056240A03028F03AD59A56

D9E1D0896F995E7324CB4DA0F434F7ED21333EDC

EA42727A5B01A3236739783EAC245C0639A78604

Seems broken.

I (the Basileus) married the sister of one of my Strategoi, forming an NAP with the duke. He rebelled against me in a faction revolt, but when I won and imprisoned him, I found that I could not revoke his titles because we still had an NAP.

I (the Basileus) married the sister of one of my Strategoi, forming an NAP with the duke. He rebelled against me in a faction revolt, but when I won and imprisoned him, I found that I could not revoke his titles because we still had an NAP.

That's entirely vanilla, AFAIK. Not much we can do about it, other than rewriting the entire revoke system.

Reactions:
Hi everybody.

So far really enjoying this mod, just one issue/question: I'm starting to run into the vassal limit but can't give away kingdom titles since I'm not an empire (yet). However, since there are pretty much no de jure empires I would like to found a titular one. So, here's the problem: In the decisions tab it says (with an "x" for "not true") "the umayyad sultanate is permitted to be the base for a custom empire".

Am I stuck never becoming an empire? In that case I might have to cheat, simply because I can't manage my vassals anymore. :(

I repeatedly encountered a rather nasty bug on untimely death of a spouse.

After your spouse dies, you are not able to marry anyone except your own court and the prestige info is for the courtier, not for the landed lord. Using the character finder does not help either as there is a 5- unlikely to have children modifier - for male characters. I have encountered this bug both as a played and I have observed several instances of vassals who are not remaring for no reason whatsoever. They will even take the ambition to marry, but will refuse to take the prestige hit for marrying a courtier.

Console killing your spouse does not seem to trigger this bug.

Last edited:
There's a bug with the nomad event that allows a pretender to break away on succession and form his own dynasty.

Prior to succession I was at 5 of 6 clans with 32 provinces in my realm with me holding 15 (most of which were still in the process of being pillaged down so not fully nomadic yet). Succession happened, a brother left to form his own dynasty taking 4 provinces with him, so far so good... But something go confused because now MY clan is being counted twice in my khaganate. Losing 4 provinces must've lowered the desired # of clans back to 5, so I should be at 5 of 5, but I'm at 6 of 5. This screenshot illustrates it better than I can explain: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727320511 The two Nerguii clans in the upper left re my clan showing up twice.

Definitely a bug in CK2Plus_nomad_events.txt, because I moved the file to my desktop and everything was fine after succession, albeit without the cool clan breaking away feature.

Reactions:
Having a persistent ctd on January 1st. Doesn't matter what bookmark I'm on, I've tried three different ones - 769, 867, and 1066. I've never had a problem like this with ck2 before, or ck2+ or any combination of other mods. Happens if I run with just CK2+, CK2+ and CK2+India, and also CK2+ and CK2+India and Sketchy Traits for CK2+. It's a clean install of all three mods, updated to their latest. I tried a couple of solutions online. Editing the save on December 29 to change the date to January 2 only delayed the CTD until the following year. Autosave is completely turned off. Any ideas for a fix?

EDIT: Just did another run on 867, and managed to get it to run. Still can't get over the one year mark with the other two though.

EDIT: 868 CTDed the following January. What is up with this?

Last edited:
Just wanted to tell you that if you are a child and happen to hold a kingdom or a empire title and your regent dies, the event that leads to you obtaining the coronated trait (forgot what exactly it's called) becomes available to click for the grand total of one day where you technically do not have a regent.

Also, I don't know if that's a bug, but the head of the zoroastrian church has one declared a great holy war once as in ever.
Does he simply stop once the historical Persian empire is retaken as a whole?

Reactions:
Intresting that the bug appears in Ck2 + as well as HIP.. Since that is what happened to me and i play the HIP Mod. Although in my case I gave my Regent some land and he went away and it allowed me to click " Royal Coronation button " before i got another Regent.[/QUOTE]

Event 3660 (in traits_effects_events.txt) is generating tons of traitless adult poet courtiers: they're missing all traits and character flags except Poet. That should probably be fixed. Especially since they themselves seem to be getting the event, which ends up generating more and more poets everywhere over time.

Also, hl_raiding_adventures_events.txt has some broken code: one line has something like this:
Code:
location = { #log = "<bug testing log entry>" }

Since the contents are commented out, the game reads that as location = { }. Which adds several errors to error.log, the game seems to think that the following lines of code are broken.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Just wanted to tell you that if you are a child and happen to hold a kingdom or a empire title and your regent dies, the event that leads to you obtaining the coronated trait (forgot what exactly it's called) becomes available to click for the grand total of one day where you technically do not have a regent.

danke, fixed it.

Intresting that the bug appears in Ck2 + as well as HIP.. Since that is what happened to me and i play the HIP Mod. Although in my case I gave my Regent some land and he went away and it allowed me to click " Royal Coronation button " before i got another Regent.

@zijistark FYI

Event 3660 (in traits_effects_events.txt) is generating tons of traitless adult poet courtiers: they're missing all traits and character flags except Poet. That should probably be fixed. Especially since they themselves seem to be getting the event, which ends up generating more and more poets everywhere over time.

Also, hl_raiding_adventures_events.txt has some broken code: one line has something like this:
Code:
location = { #log = "<bug testing log entry>" }

Since the contents are commented out, the game reads that as location = { }. Which adds several errors to error.log, the game seems to think that the following lines of code are broken.
If the code really is as you quote, then the error would be the missing closing bracket which is skipped by the parser due to the comment starting mid-line.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.