• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?
In my experience, blank events are almost always caused by broken code. Usually because of missing brackets, often in some completely unrelated file.

They're usually caught by the Validator, and I presume that you've already also checked the error.log?

But if those are of no help, you'll have to troubleshoot the problem manually. Such as by moving recently edited files elsewhere, restarting, and repeating until the blank events stop appearing. Once you've pinpointed which file is causing problems, it'll be easier to figure out what's broken.

Another basic troubleshooting tip is to simply count the number of { and } in the file. If those are mismatched, there's something seriously wrong. If you don't have an editor that can do that, get one. Notepad++, for instance, works fine for that.

Last edited:
Don't forget the commas.

Note that commas are not needed in common/defines/ folder (actually I think they might break it ?)
Code:
NDefines.NMilitary.ARCHERS_PHASE_SKIRMISH_ATTACK = 5
NDefines.NMilitary.ARCHERS_PHASE_SKIRMISH_DEFENSE = 3

Can't find an answer to this anywhere. Pretty simple question:

Can you rename Gold/Prestige/Piety?
If yes, then how?

Thanks!

Edit : Found some of it :)

text1.csv -- STAT_PRESTIGE and STAT_PIETY look to be the ones you'd want. Only tested Prestige, but it changed in game. There's a few others in there that are for the Dynasty Tree page, and I assume other places, too, but they're different strings.

Last edited:
I'm playing a modded world and I wanna know Is it possible to "Make a courtier" ?

I know I can edit my guy in the save file, but is it possible to make a courtier and edit them any way you want in the save file??

EDIT: Also I just used Notepad++ on my new modded world save to see my character, but I'm getting a bunch of gibberish looking codes that I can't read. Anyone know why? When I use Notepad++ on a different save, everything comes up clear and ok.

Is the save compressed? I think that's how it comes up when it's been compressed--like random symbols. Make sure the check-box is unticked when saving, and see if it does the same?

Reactions:
How do I change the likelihood that a member of my dynasty will raise an adventurer army?

You can add a modifier to the relevant events that lowers the MTTH if there is any ruler who isn't an AI. Alternatively, you could fire a hidden event for a landed non-AI ruler that in turn fires an event for a random dynasty member fulfilling the requisite criteria (adult, unlanded, male, etc.) that sets up the adventure.

Edit: Got it done, but new problem... :/

I'm trying to limit a building to just the County Capital, but it does not seem to be working...

I tried:
Code:
potential = {
   is_capital = yes
}

and

potential = {
   any_realm_title = {
      is_capital = yes
   }
}

The former seemed to have no effect, and I could built it in any Holding; the latter made it not appear at all.

Last edited:
...how do I switch a character's graphical culture from that of the father to that of the mother?
Thought that it would be easy, but I've never had to do it before and can't seem to figure it out. Clearly it's with set_graphical_culture, but how do I scope to mother's graphical culture instead of just her culture (which doesn't always match graphical culture)?

...how do I switch a character's graphical culture from that of the father to that of the mother?
Thought that it would be easy, but I've never had to do it before and can't seem to figure it out. Clearly it's with set_graphical_culture, but how do I scope to mother's graphical culture instead of just her culture (which doesn't always match graphical culture)?
Based on the wiki, if the character you want to set the appearance of is ROOT, scope to their mother, then back to ROOT, then set_graphical_culture = PREV.

When linking names between cultures, which side does the common name occur?

For example, Alf_Alfr in culture1 and Alf_Elfur in culture2 and Alf in culture3. Will the game link this correctly?
The other way around: Alfr_Alf, Elfur_Alf, & Alf_Alf. Yes, you need to link the base name. (Technically, I think the linking name is more of a tag.)

Based on the wiki, if the character you want to set the appearance of is ROOT, scope to their mother, then back to ROOT, then set_graphical_culture = PREV.
That was one of the first things I tried.
Didn't do anything, so I assumed that the wiki was wrong. But if it's supposed to work, then there's probably something wrong with my code. ...I'll try triple-checking the conditionals.

Edit: Yep, sure enough, that was the problem. Simple 'set_graphical_culture = mother' works fine. My code just never got that far, because I had one 'break = yes' earlier in the code that I had forgot about. Sigh.

Last edited:
The other way around: Alfr_Alf, Elfur_Alf, & Alf_Alf. Yes, you need to link the base name. (Technically, I think the linking name is more of a tag.)
Ah, thanks. This will be painful to fix.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing. Can I have multiple variants of the same name in the same culture? So Alfr_Alf and Alfur_Alf?

Last edited:
Ah, thanks. This will be painful to fix.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing. Can I have multiple variants of the same name in the same culture? So Alfr_Alf and Alfur_Alf?

Excel might help--I've been using it a lot to do mass-stuff lately--use _ as a divide, and then just re-arrange the columns, drop it into notepad++ and replace "[space]" with "_"

My question: is there a way to make only one of a building exist, without constantly checking and using globals? I want special "only in X Province" buildings, but limit it to only one Holding, if possible.

My question: is there a way to make only one of a building exist, without constantly checking and using globals? I want special "only in X Province" buildings, but limit it to only one Holding, if possible.
define the desired holding in the building's potential. Check up the Theodosius' Walls from Vanilla for an example.