• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks qer. Not WAD and corrected :)
(corrected files attached so that you do not have to download the full thing, if you feel like doing the hotfix yourself, find them in your folders and replace them)

Attachments

• demesne_laws.txt
    179,8 KB · Views: 20
  • LI_scripted_triggers.txt
    105,6 KB · Views: 11
So I manage to place a mistical government in the SPQR, and after I build two churches with authority , the law changed because I lacked the authority necessary (stupid mistake on my part) however I am still on a mistical government, so priest provide my full levy and also like me. So it is suppose to be like this?

Also what are the differences between absolutist and demagogic?

Indeed - for the time being you do not loose the radical right government when you loose just one level of spiritual power law, as:
- the changes in society take time to impact the political system (think Brejnev era Soviet regime)
- from a gameplay point of view it avoids too fast changes

I am not sure though, maybe I should have the government switch back as soon as you loose the highest level of spiritual power law...?...

I'm not sure whether that was changed too, as I can't download the newest-newest version, but as I was playing about 5 hours ago or so with a fresh download, the Mazdakis had both Populist and Statist laws to set

Indeed - for the time being you do not loose the radical right government when you loose just one level of spiritual power law, as:
- the changes in society take time to impact the political system (think Brejnev era Soviet regime)
- from a gameplay point of view it avoids too fast changes

I am not sure though, maybe I should have the government switch back as soon as you loose the highest level of spiritual power law...?...
What you can do is add a -50 opinion modifier to the vassals affected if you have a government without the law. That way, you still get the government but loose the levy bonus. after a short period of time (I suggest two years) , if you don't have the authority you go back to feudal.

Reactions:
OK after a small break to explore the stars, I am back home, starting to take care of the Traditionalist dynamic laws and governments... What will be the power of tradition in your realm? Binding, conservative, flexible, instrumentalized or re-invented?

More details soon.

Last edited:
I came up with an interesting design for the Traditional Soul dynamic laws.

The idea is that the "powers" given to the ruler by exploiting the power of tradition are more subtle but also more flexible than the power you can acquire by exploiting the State apparatus, the clergy etc.. So they have no tailored government form. But they have other things...

First of all, going extreme left with low authority means that genuine traditions are compelling to all and to the ruler. This limits direct power of course (-1 centralization, less tax, etc.) but it is not necessarily a bad thing, even more so than low spiritual power laws of other souls, as:
- Your armies fight for a cause they understand and easily adhere to, bonus to morale;
- You can increase religious authority by using your lord spiritual.

Now, going to higher authority levels lets you manipulate and "reinvent" the very essence of tradition. Your people still feel deep respect for their traditions, except that now you can control what these traditions really are, to your advantage... Concretely:
- at high level ("instrumentalized traditions"), you get various bonii and the ability to forge claims on titles (reminder: in LI only some religions let you forge claims titles, until now Traditional Soul was excluded)

- the highest level ("re-invented traditions"), in addition, unlocks a special action for your lord spiritual: "re-invent tradition". Success depends on the Lord Spiritual's learning, piety etc. Upon success of this action, your ruler gains the modifier "found lore", with regular authority and piety gain.
What is this lore? I cannot be too specific as traditional religions are very diversified, from the traditional Norse religion to the old Hellenic religion still practised in Syracuse. It may be a "magical" item full of symbolic power... For Syracuse, that may be an oracle giving a powerful prophecy... This is up to your imagination!...

But that is not all... this modifier acts as a super power of sort, that you can use once. When you use it, the modifier disappears. How do you use it, for what? As long as you have the found lore modifier, a series of decisions become available. Super powers granted by found lore include:
- expand realm: get access to "Total War CB" once
- defend realm: temporary defensive military bonus
- develop realm: bonus to build cost and time for a year
- unite realm: temporary bonus to vassal opinions and +1 centralization
- enlighten realm: temporary boost to technology research

Hopefully more news soon...

Reactions:
Playing in the github version, I think itiis too easy to become an anarchy as a populist soul. 10 realms are anarchies and it have only passed 30 years.
This balance issue should be fixed now, and anarchy less frequent in AI populist realms.

The new rule for populist religions is that when their authority gets as low as 10, they stop loosing it every month automatically due to their religion. This will let authority stabilize at a low level. Still, every shock may cause anarchy, but at least something special will be the cause. It will also be easier to go back to positive.

As an added bonus, low authority populist rulers with authority less than 10 also get a huge boost to piety. They are, after all, implementing divine instructions.

How much more do you have to do?

Spiritual Power for religions of Traditional Soul
"Weight of Tradition"

Welcome to this dev diary on the upcoming spiritual power module for religions of traditional soul. As explained before, all religions will have a Spiritual Power system, defined by their Soul. This particular group, religions of traditional soul, is a pretty large group as it includes 49 religions at game start. In fact this makes it the most common soul, even though the most iconic or famous religions of Lux Invicta tend to belong to other souls. You can find below the list of these 49 religions.
Al-Lati
Wodanazic
Audianist
Amazigh
Bön
Buddha-Mazdan
Hibernicist
Druidic
Chumbylatic
Dievasic
Donatist
Druze
Erlik Tanrili
Suomenuskan
Furistaz Siduzic
Hellenic
Hindu
Hubali
Ibadi
Illuyankan
Indo-Hellenic
Ukpirniq
Arôn Habrîtan
Jumalanpalvoja
Msolo
Malakbêlite
Ruha d-Qudshai
Mandaean
Serer
Marabouti
Euskalist
Mwari
Nasrani
Forn Siðric
Nyame
Elohimi
Perkunan
Rodic
Saura
Sethoitae
Rodnoveric
Sufi
Mani Tanrili
Gökh Tanrili
Vattisen Yalist
Velesic
Waaqi
Yazdâni
Yazidi

The concept is that with less spiritual power, traditions are a compelling, unmoving thing that limits your actions but can give morale strength to your warriors. With more spiritual power, traditions can be re-interpreted by the ruler, or "re-invented".

As for all spiritual power modules, it relies on a 5 degree, slider-type law. For traditional soul religions, it is called Weight of Traditions. Your position is dependant on a currency which varies from one soul to another: for traditional soul, It is a combination of the ruler's piety. The average position, the neutral one, is in the middle and carries no effect or modifier. You gain various effects when you go left (low piety / learning) or right (high piety / learning).

All this is better explained with a couple of screen-shots.

1. General description of the Weight of Traditions law:
screenshot_1.png

2. My realm is now on the left-most law, Predominant Traditions.
Note the special job action it unlocks for your Lord Spiritual.
screenshot_2.png

3. As indicated above, some of the strongest impacts of the law, at least for the two left positions, become effective once believers in your provinces of the same religion follow the trend and turn Reactionary (for level 1, Predominant Traditions), or Conservative (for level 2, Rigid Traditions).

You can see below that my Oxiana temple has double the amount of troops due to the Reactionary province modifier (the +1 means +100% really). This is true only for temples though. So, when you have low learning and piety and traditions are so strong, it is time to be friend with your clergy...
screenshot_4.png

This can be nice. But the limitations on tax, scientific progress and construction means that reactionary provinces are, overall, rather a bad thing.

4. The local modifiers are impacted by your Weight of Traditions law, but with some inertia and beyond your control. Here you see the event turning one of your province Reactionary....
screenshot_3.png

5. You may change the law voluntarily. But if your Weight of Traditions law is either Predominant (level 1) or Rigid (level 2), having enough piety may cause an automatic move to a higher degree of control, i.e. one step to the right. You cannot move higher than the middle position this way. You can also loose previously acquired control, if you loose the prerequisites.

Here I move automatically from Predominant Traditions (level 1) to Rigid Traditions (level 2) as a result of an increase of my piety.
screenshot_5.png

6. Going all the way to the right towards Reinvented Traditions. For progressing through the Law system, Piety is enough.
screenshot_6.png

7. Sometimes, you want to "hack" the law system, as you may still have a cool-down time or your vassals may block you. You can force a new level through the decisions, but it requires more.
screenshot_7.png

8. Some souls open up a new government at the highest level of Spiritual Power. The Traditional soul, instead, opens up a new interesting action for your Spiritual Lord: Unearth Lore. The represents conscious efforts by the ruler to effectively reinvent traditions, under a mist of spirituality. Or it may represent actually looking for a holy artefact with magical power. The interpretation is up to you... Since social belief in supernatural force, if well used by the elite, can be as powerful as actual magic, I need not specify what is the actual cause of the force being mobilized.
screenshot_8.png

9. This is not an easy task, and will be easier accomplished if your Lord Spiritual is well qualified.
screenshot_9.png

10. At any point, once you have unearthed sacred lore, you may proceed with summoning its power. Again, success will depend on your Lord Spiritual. Specifically, he should have high piety, high learning and good relationships with you.
Since this is a decision, once you have unearthed lore you may want to take some time to prepare: maybe change your Lord Spiritual for a more competent one, give him some "financial support" to increase your relationship,...
screenshot_10.png

11. It worked!
You then have the choice between 4 "superpowers". I will let you come to that to discover the actual in-game effects...
screenshot_11.png

I had many more ideas but with my limited time I had to draw a line and move on to other areas. I may expand the system later, though.

The Weight of Traditions system module is already available in the Github version for the religions I mentioned in the list above...

Feedback welcome :)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Spiritual Power for religions of Traditional Soul
"Weight of Tradition"

Welcome to this dev diary on the upcoming spiritual power module for religions of traditional soul. As explained before, all religions will have a Spiritual Power system, defined by their Soul. This particular group, religions of traditional soul, is a pretty large group as it includes 49 religions at game start. In fact this makes it the most common soul, even though the most iconic or famous religions of Lux Invicta tend to belong to other souls. You can find below the list of these 49 religions.
Al-Lati
Wodanazic
Audianist
Amazigh
Bön
Buddha-Mazdan
Hibernicist
Druidic
Chumbylatic
Dievasic
Donatist
Druze
Erlik Tanrili
Suomenuskan
Furistaz Siduzic
Hellenic
Hindu
Hubali
Ibadi
Illuyankan
Indo-Hellenic
Ukpirniq
Arôn Habrîtan
Jumalanpalvoja
Msolo
Malakbêlite
Ruha d-Qudshai
Mandaean
Serer
Marabouti
Euskalist
Mwari
Nasrani
Forn Siðric
Nyame
Elohimi
Perkunan
Rodic
Saura
Sethoitae
Rodnoveric
Sufi
Mani Tanrili
Gökh Tanrili
Vattisen Yalist
Velesic
Waaqi
Yazdâni
Yazidi

The concept is that with less spiritual power, traditions are a compelling, unmoving thing that limits your actions but can give morale strength to your warriors. With more spiritual power, traditions can be re-interpreted by the ruler, or "re-invented".

As for all spiritual power modules, it relies on a 5 degree, slider-type law. For traditional soul religions, it is called Weight of Traditions. Your position is dependant on a currency which varies from one soul to another: for traditional soul, It is a combination of the ruler's piety. The average position, the neutral one, is in the middle and carries no effect or modifier. You gain various effects when you go left (low piety / learning) or right (high piety / learning).

All this is better explained with a couple of screen-shots.

1. General description of the Weight of Traditions law:
screenshot_1.png

2. My realm is now on the left-most law, Predominant Traditions.
Note the special job action it unlocks for your Lord Spiritual.
screenshot_2.png

3. As indicated above, some of the strongest impacts of the law, at least for the two left positions, become effective once believers in your provinces of the same religion follow the trend and turn Reactionary (for level 1, Predominant Traditions), or Conservative (for level 2, Rigid Traditions).

You can see below that my Oxiana temple has double the amount of troops due to the Reactionary province modifier (the +1 means +100% really). This is true only for temples though. So, when you have low learning and piety and traditions are so strong, it is time to be friend with your clergy...
screenshot_4.png

This can be nice. But the limitations on tax, scientific progress and construction means that reactionary provinces are, overall, rather a bad thing.

4. The local modifiers are impacted by your Weight of Traditions law, but with some inertia and beyond your control. Here you see the event turning one of your province Reactionary....
screenshot_3.png

5. You may change the law voluntarily. But if your Weight of Traditions law is either Predominant (level 1) or Rigid (level 2), having enough piety may cause an automatic move to a higher degree of control, i.e. one step to the right. You cannot move higher than the middle position this way. You can also loose previously acquired control, if you loose the prerequisites.

Here I move automatically from Predominant Traditions (level 1) to Rigid Traditions (level 2) as a result of an increase of my piety.
screenshot_5.png

6. Going all the way to the right towards Reinvented Traditions. For progressing through the Law system, Piety is enough.
screenshot_6.png

7. Sometimes, you want to "hack" the law system, as you may still have a cool-down time or your vassals may block you. You can force a new level through the decisions, but it requires more.
screenshot_7.png

8. Some souls open up a new government at the highest level of Spiritual Power. The Traditional soul, instead, opens up a new interesting action for your Spiritual Lord: Unearth Lore. The represents conscious efforts by the ruler to effectively reinvent traditions, under a mist of spirituality. Or it may represent actually looking for a holy artefact with magical power. The interpretation is up to you... Since social belief in supernatural force, if well used by the elite, can be as powerful as actual magic, I need not specify what is the actual cause of the force being mobilized.
screenshot_8.png

9. This is not an easy task, and will be easier accomplished if your Lord Spiritual is well qualified.
screenshot_9.png

10. At any point, once you have unearthed sacred lore, you may proceed with summoning its power. Again, success will depend on your Lord Spiritual. Specifically, he should have high piety, high learning and good relationships with you.
Since this is a decision, once you have unearthed lore you may want to take some time to prepare: maybe change your Lord Spiritual for a more competent one, give him some "financial support" to increase your relationship,...
screenshot_10.png

11. It worked!
You then have the choice between 4 "superpowers". I will let you come to that to discover the actual in-game effects...
screenshot_11.png

I had many more ideas but with my limited time I had to draw a line and move on to other areas. I may expand the system later, though.

The Weight of Traditions system module is already available in the Github version for the religions I mentioned in the list above...

Feedback welcome :)

Wonderful work :)

Working on Scholarly Spiritual Power laws...

Do you remember?

Platonic jokes will be pure fun to implement - imagine this scenario - your ruler is a philosopher and a lunatic...he now gets a...platonic war casus belli!
"Greetings good people, it is your BIRTHRIGHT to be ruled by a philosopher king! Submit before our platonic armies invade your backyards!" ahem yes...hehehe...I do plan to have some crazy stuff in eventually haha... for the crazy characters of course hehe.

As a tribute to our founder, I shall implement his vision :)

Reactions:
Awesome Dev diary! Piety will finally have noticeable impact on the game instead of just being a way to extort the pope for money. I can't wait to start a multiplayer game using Lux Invicta. Its been far too long :).

How about instead of a big bonus only for the clregy holdings, a small bonus to all holdings. I would justified it as that the ruler doesn't only control the clergy but that all society is force to accept the truth, thus mobilizing all the population towards enlightenment of other civilizations

Reactions: