• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GEicliB.jpg

Let's hope the truce with Spain won't bug out the NEXT time it runs out o_O

Spain wasn't full co-belligerent, and a lot of nations in Europe need bashing, to avoid another coalition.

Including Great Britain. So the Mughals moved northeast.

In the end, Portugal swallowed annul alliance peace deal also.

Wz9JKCU.jpg

Teutonic order accepted the usual annul alliance peace deal. The real target here is the Livonian order.

MkgIaEj.jpg

Great Britain had 75k troops inside British France.

GOOD :p

OBJzz3i.jpg

Nice target practice ;)

51BSkMO.jpg

GB tried to run away to the north... To no avail.

They got wiped in Picardie. And then it was just a matter of cleaning up the leftovers. I won't invade London yet.

The sappers got to work on the various level 8 forts.. The coastal forts proved to be the biggest challenge!

Ixd6cr9.jpg

The coalition war ended. Burgundy went up in France. And Bar shortly after, to complete the French circle.

CzKJsFA.jpg

These decades were a matter of watching the truce window, and declaring onanyone that came out of truce, on the DAY they came out of truce (thanks to popup).

Ravensburg next.

54i3QXs.jpg

What can I say? Wars like this are won before they started :rolleyes:

UK3Thtv.jpg

Ravensburg fell. The Palatinate fell.

But a big boy is close to coming out of truce... Brandenburg!

I forgot to make a screenshot, but Livonian order gave their entire coastline and a corridor to Russia.

The troops there black flagged back to West Europe.

V6XbgwW.jpg

Akbar expected a lot of resistance from Brandenburg, Tuscany and Bavaria. He had waited to attack Bavaria, until their ally Brandenburg was out of truce also.

He hired MORE mercenaries in British France, and made a defensive line in the west.

yMgINhA.jpg

Very hard difficulty... Bavaria and Brandenburg combined have a LOT of troops. That defensive line was needed, as one can't take a stroll anywhere without the danger of being attacked..

te5JtUX.jpg

I fully expected Brandenburg to join that fight in Mainz. Instead, they went for ANOTHER siege stack o_O

The black flagged troops from the Livonian order attack were in neighbourhood though!

It became battles lasting MONTHS, with both sides reinforcing all battles with ALL they had :confused:

Bavaria and Brandenburg wouldn't be mopped up so easily :(

VpdfHQ9.jpg

The battle of Regensburg was going horribly wrong o_O

The front line broke, and artillery took 5k casualties.. But then the fresh troops joined the fight, and the mughals routed EVERYONE.

100k of my troops got trapped south of Mainz though :mad:

GUUZFec.jpg

Zone of control of forts... It can be hard to take EVERYTHING into account.

It seems the fort of MAINZ, in another nation, blocks movement in the OPM sieged up province of the Palatinate, who is in ANOTHER war then the fort in Mainz.

Yeah, then it is LOGICAL that movement is blocked there! Right?

EIZImfr.jpg

The Bavarian stack routed to a province close to the battle of Regensburg.

The mercenary regiments got shift consolidated, the regiments with 0 troops sent south to recover, and the rest sent to Pilsen.

The demoralized stack of Bavaria got pingponged to the northwest again..

oDjcHYz.jpg

..and wiped :mad:

JqV80Lg.jpg

Siegmund II of Brandenburg personally led an attack versus the invaders.

To no avail.. The Mughal army has 115% discipline, and their numbers can repel anyone.

Ravensburg got wiped off the map!

Another nation mopped up.

rfLaica.jpg

The remainder of the demoralized Brandenburger army got tricked into attacking a fresh stack. The Mughals slowly overran entire Brandenburg.

UjVXqqz.jpg

Siegmund II saw his infantry melting.. He hired all mercs he could find in the east, and they all regrouped in Marienburg.

6CWpVCI.jpg

Manoeuvring, and moving one province at a time to keep full control, is really needed to beat very hard difficulty..

Brandenburg got routed once more, after losing another 10k infantry..

9zX0eyq.jpg

This time they ran to the south, to a province the remainder of the Bavarian army had occupied.

A small stack awaited them there, and the Bavarians decided to help out :confused:

But the troops from the north were close to reinforcing that fight..

qxb5HMB.jpg

Bavaria and co gave one heck of a fight, and killed 20k Mughal mercenaries..

But sheer numbers routed them again.

They had nowhere safe to run to inside the (former) HRE, so all enemies ran south towards Tuscany.

To be honest, I had completely overlooked Tuscany and Denmark in this war..

ofIc96t.jpg

Time to rectify that :mad:

6VYEVMv.jpg

A few hopeless fights later, everyone was wiped :cool:

Time to make peace.

vZP2Ylp.jpg

Brandenburg ceded all Polish cores and everything else in the east to Poland. The border you see there is their new eastern border ;) They didn't have ANY port province now, and their navy scuttled itself (I guess?)

Bavaria ceded everything they had to France in the west, and the Mughals filled their belly in the centre.

Bm7YEwl.jpg

Great Britain ceded their provinces near Zaragoza, and the province of Western Isles. It was the ONLY province that wasn't protected by a fort, and the only province the Mughals could freely take near the heartland of Great Britain.

Akbar released Catalonia from the bridgehead province of Roussillon.

ciSdPEN.jpg

Why Catalonia? Mainly because they take religious ideas. They got forced to change their religion to Sunni. And because Mughals can grant them most of the provinces we took from Great Britain!

Emir De Silva started coring the land, and converting the capital!

c3o9JYr.jpg

France had its belly full with provinces of Bavaria, and was digesting also.

fm3081x.jpg

Poland didn't know what to core FIRST, and is having an indigestion..

Akbar recommended sea air to Poland, and after they finished coring a port, they started coring everything else ;)

Last edited:
FPJJ8Ts.jpg

The Mughal GREEN is spreading :D

F9h9S9m.jpg

The European ORANGE and RED is spreading also...

Can't have that :mad:

So we stomp the small coalition before more join it..

Once more..

No rest for the weary, we got to keep mopping up Europe!

Why? Cause Austria is close to coming out of truce..

cmc8iQq.jpg

This war was over before it started, so Akbar shuffled his troops for an attack on Austria also..

432Fvie.jpg

Austria decided to meddle in the other war.. Some reinforcements were sent north.

The heartland of Austria got overrun..

OCAvurf.jpg

Austria got routed. They got very close to breaking the front line of the original siege stack in Aachen, but the reinforcements sent them packing.

7DsQR0t.jpg

Austria then did what they always liked to do.

Attack, attack, and attack.

Akbar always had reinforcement stacks nearby though, to help mopping up very hard.

lOMZE0n.jpg

The Austrians had the biggest streak of roll LUCK during this battle :confused:

They had broken the front line of the original stack. BADLY. There was almost no actively firing Mughal artillery in the fight LEFT, until another stack reinforced the fight also..

By the way, I now noticed for the first time that Emir De Valois had moved the capital of FRANCE back to Europe.. To the province of .....

Champagne.

bA55lJ.gif

I suppose the expansion inside the HRE made France EXPLODE with champaign joy.

yNt7UqW.jpg

The Mughal artillery was busy sieging the Austrian heartland in the east, and it caused a LOAD of casualties on the west front.

The battle versus Austria was won, but at a very big cost :oops:

RJoSSkE.jpg

The level 9 star fort of WIEN fell within the year..

Akbar Sharqi congratulated his sappers on a job well done.

9fLqs8h.jpg

He also congratulated his discipline advisor.

The man had turned the Mughal army into clockwork automatons that didn't flinch on the battlefield..

Clockwork automatons?

Akbar had a strange dream that night..

utpADug.jpg

Akbar had found a new hobby now, and abdicated the throne for it..

The famous and legendary padishah had seen enough war, and wanted to make sure he died in BED.

sC7xPE8.jpg

Jodhaa Akbar became the new Padishah of the Mughal Empire, and one of the first female Sunni rulers across the globe.

tpCNBSc.jpg

Padishah Akbar will be remembered as a master tactician, and this chess automaton is the last piece of art he finished building before he died of old age...

Jodhaa understood its meaning as self portrait.

XG5VXTp.jpg

It decorated the war room of Jodhaa Akbar in the upcoming decades, as a fitting tribute to the legacy of her father.

It cheered her up, when the wartable provided difficult tactical war situations..

3scCzGC.jpg

...like the continuous attacks of AUSTRIA. They really don't know when to STOP!

roVAqF2.jpg

Ah.. Their king thinks he's Alexander the Great...

Must be why :p

v8djmnG.jpg

Jodhaa exhaled when they got routed once more.

These Austrians sure LOVE to engage in these flatlands o_O

g92fig6.jpg

"Not AGAIN...."

Jodhaa became a little annoyed. Just a little. And kept mopping up very hard.

FZjpz8n.jpg

If it was ONE nation that stood out on this very hard difficulty Europe invasion, it was Austria.

CRAZY buggers.

BgHCH8E.jpg

Still, the zeal of our army attracted many new recruits.

It made Jodhaa think.

gCoi35Q.jpg

"The nobles can raise some additional levies also.."

They weren't too pleased though.

5nj2XC1.jpg

"The merchants can pay off our loans.."

They weren't too pleased though.

0ZHh31u.jpg

The occupation of Limburg was the turning point in the war against Austria. Mughal stacks could now surround the leftover Austrian army!

S2kt048.jpg

And guess what? Austria attacks again o_O

5Li1Yp2.jpg

It took a few hectic fights, and a LOAD of mercenary lives, but Austria got defeated.

This felt really rewarding :)

SKz8S4v.jpg

Scandinavia broke alliance a LONG time ago, due to aggressive expansion.. Catalonia replaced them.

Scandinavia went for Russia during our 5 year truce, and did THIS :eek:

Jodhaa began to wonder how she would prevent Scandinavia from joining a coalition... They are still allied to the Ottomans.

Time for peace first, though.

JWW8sGc.jpg

Jodhaa took a few hundred % of overextension doing this :confused:

Switzerland and Ansbach vanished off the map. Only Aachen got spared. We'll mop them up later.

Austria got kicked out of their heartland, and Jodhaa 'solved' their bordergore problem. They seemed to like the lowlands in the west so... They can go and live there now :D

Brabant is their new capital ;)

YpIQ84f.jpg

One province, Calais, got transferred to Catalonia. This enabled Jodhaa to give the entire LowLand coast to Catalonia (Utrecht also, they got converted while Catalonia finished a core in Spain) with 'grant province' subject interaction. Their liberty desire is now... VERY low ;)

France was pleased, when they received one more French culture province.

Both had full bellies now, and needed some pats on the back to improve 9x% overextension digestion..

6meAfdM.jpg

In the east, Poland was given most of the Austrian heartland, including Wien.

Poland rejoiced, as their nation was finally 'whole' once more.

And then Jodhaa gave some pats on their back, to improve digestion of 9X% overextension.

The Mughal empire began chewing on 156% overextension themselves. It dropped to 140% short after, when the core stuck Swiss provinces finished coring.

uRlLTpU.jpg

And the Mughals could handle 140% overextension with ease :eek:

Important tip: You can go beyond 100% overextension if you want, but make sure your national unrest modifier in the 'stability and expansion' window stays UNDER zero. This makes sure that all state religion provinces without seperatism modifier will NOT get rebels. It is a BAD idea to go above 100% overextension if a lot of your provinces are NOT of state religion, UNLESS your nation has good heretic/heathen tolerance.

The provinces with seperatism WILL get rebels lot faster, so one has to be careful on recently conquered provinces and regions.

All in all, this short period of 140% overextension gave little trouble.

Maybe 6 types of rebels revolted.

Jodhaa did allow for a short period of PEACE, to deal with this drastic land grab.

WrVcE6T.jpg

"But we aren't DONE with you YET, Europe!"

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Last edited:
I have no idea what you see in these "improved"graphics. To me it looks like a pile of pixelgarbage in white-green-brown.
Especially against the bright snow i cant see anything.

by the way, you got me convinced.

It DOES look like garbage.

I disabled it right now, and terrain map looks nice also. I think something got messed up with switching from the old GFX overhaul mod to the new.

The new gfx overhaul mod makes eu4 look lot smoother and applies a sort of glossy feel to political map now.

GUUZFec.jpg

Zone of control of forts... It can be hard to take EVERYTHING into account.

It seems the fort of MAINZ, in another nation, blocks movement in the OPM sieged up province of the Palatinate, who is in ANOTHER war then the fort in Mainz.

Yeah, then it is LOGICAL that movement is blocked there! Right?
I've got no idea what you're talking about but I guess you'll be right, just like that man shows ;).

How is the rest of the world doing? When are you going to invade them? Some CN must have broken with their colonial fathers already.

Why did you take provinces in British France directly (and hand them to Catalonia) rather than return cores to France? Had they already lost their cores in that area? The warscore reduction in wars of reconquest is really useful but only would've applied if France got the land in the deal. Just wondering.

By the way, is your end goal WC or one tag? I assumed with the use of protectorates it would just be WC, but I never know with you. ;)

Last edited:
I've got no idea what you're talking about but I guess you'll be right, just like that man shows .

How is the rest of the world doing? When are you going to invade them? Some CN must have broken with their colonial fathers already.

That example of zone of control rules not making any sense was just too good to pass up.

Yeah, I got some plans for colonial nation aquirement. Portugal is in chain wars since forever, after I weakened them. They are losing territory left and right, and will go under 100% warscore. The GOOD part about these chain wars is that their CN did NOT get the chance to declare independance in the last DECADES. I'm taking advantage of this right NOW. Portugal has HUGE CN in Brazil, one in Alaska, and one in Peru. I'll combine that with taking bridgehead ports in all colonial regions, in the hopes that this will enable me to use 'cede colonial region' on all independent CN. So far, only CHILE broke off from Spain. They still have the rest.

Rest assured, i'm planning ahead.

Why did you take provinces in British France directly (and hand them to Catalonia) rather than return cores to France? Had they already lost their cores in that area? The warscore reduction in wars of reconquest is really useful but only would've applied if France got the land in the deal. Just wondering.

By the way, is your end goal WC or one tag? I assumed with the use of protectorates it would just be WC, but I never know with you. ;)

I wanted a vassal in Iberia. I probably should have given cores BACK to France, yes. But I wanted to clean up borders a bit, by removing that Zaragoza enclave GB had :)

The reason why I handed it all to catalonia and not France, was because France lost cores on all French culture land there. And they already had 9x% overextension from elsewhere, so I couldn't grant anything else to France.

The end goal being one tag? I dunno, but I can try. I can just cancel my protectorates and roflstomp them with admin efficiency 3 in the last decades, i guess. We'll see ;)

Bit busy now with this 'stomp Europe continent' plan to wonder about Asia. Japan, Buryatia and whoever is left in Asia can wait.

AI claiming throne of someone else. They were allied however. No war followed.
BTW, it's not only on hard, but on normal as well.
In my 1.16 Uncommonwealth campaign, where I wanted to peacefully become the ruler of Poland, the Poles claimed my throne having 100 Trust with me. Weird decision.

And they say, human player should never be trusted…

BTW, it's not only on hard, but on normal as well.
In my 1.16 Uncommonwealth campaign, where I wanted to peacefully become the ruler of Poland, the Poles claimed my throne having 100 Trust with me. Weird decision.

And they say, human player should never be trusted…

I suppose ai does it now when they CAN. Same for excommunicating.

Good change I suppose.

I suppose ai does it now when they CAN. Same for excommunicating.

Good change I suppose.
There is a difference between claiming a throne and actually going to war with them for that throne. I have seen Austria claiming the throne of its ally Hungary, but they never declared war for it. And as far as I know, they still don't go to war, unless you have experienced otherwise?

There is a difference between claiming a throne and actually going to war with them for that throne. I have seen Austria claiming the throne of its ally Hungary, but they never declared war for it. And as far as I know, they still don't go to war, unless you have experienced otherwise?

nope, AI isn't scripted to betray allies to start war like this.

But if they somehow lose the alliance they got with each other, or IF they claim throne of dynasty member they only got RM with (doubtful), they probably might be scripted to do it.

If they changed claim to throne for ai, they likely also scripted ai to do force PU war in right circumstances...

I hope ;)

Last edited:
Chapter 14: Until the grey is gone

Last chapter we finished with 140% overextension and PEACE.

After a small breather, and some whack-a-mole with rebels, Jodhaa resumed her conquest of the entire European continent..

Ux3IQ2g.jpg

..starting with Spain.

Spain being invaded by Tlemcen, we got to outmanoeuvre THEM also, or they might occupy Iberia.

tumblr_nrkc9nVnZe1rwbf4ro2_400.gif

wFci7Ik.jpg

Jodhaa travelled to Europe, to oversee the wars herself. She had a mind for manoeuvring, not for battlefields..

J3V93fM.jpg

"Manoeuvring never ceases to bore me!"

O6btKuv.jpg

Tactics advantage, and 130% discipline versus their 110% (we still got 10% discipline from advisor event)

FIRE!

rXCN2fb.jpg

*STOMP*

hnOtQaH.jpg

War won :rolleyes:

Jodhaa was already planning for the next targets.

FXG2cha.jpg

We asked the help of the Ottomans versus Spain, which meant they couldn't protect Scandinavia, their ally.

6M05aUN.jpg

Scandinavia has top notch military, so Jodhaa ordered a doomstack naval invasion from the north..

lS7XH82.jpg

The naval invasion force routed a small force while sieging up the fort that protected Stockholm. That army routed to the area of Lubeck, and stumbled into Mughal troops there ;)

xeWkJA0.jpg

So far, so good :cool:

Portugal got invaded. Korea got invaded. Brunei got invaded.

Yeah, the Mughals are on a rampage around the map :mad:

MLmhJ43.jpg

OPM Korea went up in Manchu, Brunei got reduced to colony OPM, Dali got full annexed.

The wars weren't worh screenshotting to be honest :oops:

S57xY12.jpg

The eyes of Jodhaa were on Scandinavia though.

After some occupations, she decided to risk a siege on Stockholm.

Some small stacks got hunted down, but big battles were avoided.

Most of the Scandinavian stacks were messing around in Poland.

If they had formed doomstack and an attack formation, they would have easily swept me out of their home turf. But, they didn't :rolleyes:

But rest assured, new reinforcements were already on way to Norway. The only reason why they got delayed, is the Scandinavian fleet..

lKaVr5h.jpg

Occupying a capital will always make the AI retreat to their homeland, in an effort to retake it.

40+k stack on the fort north of Stockholm, and 50+k on the island near Stockholm.

Time for manoeuvre game :D

The troops in Stockholm stayed put, and Jodhaa focussed on the Russian side of the front against Scandinavia, while the ticking warscore did its thing.

SJMerGF.jpg

Spain accepted our peace deal. They ceded the area around the Gibraltar strait, and all their colonies in Oceania. Hungary vanished off the map, and Louisiana ceded a bridgehead port.

Z8k4bt0.jpg

The stack east of Stockholm didn't dare to engage our forces on Stockholm :p

The Scandinavians decided to repel the amassing Mughal forces near the Livonian order..

Af2vY94.jpg

The Scandinavians are GOOD.

They have really high morale, same discipline, and +10% infantry combat ability.

Jodhaa formed doomstacks, and engaged stray enemy stacks with full combat width and full backing of artillery.

TBhvyuq.jpg

The Mughals began to PUSH :mad:

The fort north of Stockholm got recaptured, and all Mughal armies tried to reconvene..

3YDa7un.jpg

The routed stack got chased, and wiped.

The Scandinavians paid the price for splitting their army ;)

It might seem funny, but a big stack travelled all the way to DELHI to try a siege on the Mughal capital. This actually worked into our favour.

But the stack was running back after their capital fell..

OyQx6Z0.jpg

The stack in Russian Scandinavia got wiped, and The Scandinavians tried to resiege the Sapmi fort.

SnDFemR.jpg

In other news: Timbuktu is on a blobbing spree. They waged war versus Portugal, and obtained almost all their land in North Africa.
Tlemcen is now in a war versus Portugal ALSO.

WHY is this important? Because the colonial nations of Portugal couldn't declare independence during all these wars...

And Portugal is UNDER 100% warscore now. And the Mughals occupied all their forts..

7G8oKAG.jpg

Jodhaa cursed, as the Scandinavians finally did a good attempt at converging their forces. The stack from Delhi arrived from the east, and their other stack was now in the west.

The Mughals were in danger of being sandwiched by superior stacks..

7k7ykNT.jpg

Jodhaa decided to end the war, as new nations were coming out of truce. Such as the Teutonic Order, Livonian Order, Austria and Riga.

She asked for this, along with ALL the Scandinavian colonies around the globe, combined with bridgehead ports in East America/Canada colonial region.

drqC98F.jpg

War was declared on the Teutonic order, and this dragged in all of the above.

Here you can see the colonial nations of Portugal. Big Brazil CN, Peru CN, Alaska CN.

yg9cxA1.jpg

Austria got engaged. The monastic orders in the Baltic got engaged.

Note that this is the moment I stopped using the 'improved graphics' mod (tired of its pixellated look).

So the screenshots will look slightly different from now on ;)

From now on, they will show the effects of 'gfx overhaul' mod.

impL6Cy.jpg

The Austrians got baited, and wiped. And then there was Champagne :D

3fdIV0k.jpg

The Austrians quickly swallowed an annul alliance peace deal. All the Mughal forces got sent east, to subdue the monastic orders..

ZEAsOwb.jpg

A big winter battle occurred, close to the capital of the Teutonic order.

hsjboi0.jpg

"These Christian monastic orders sure know how to FIGHT!" muttered Jodhaa.

tumblr_ny8vliqSfy1uum2ngo6_r1_400.gif

She narrowed her eyes.

"But they will be defeated.. Like everyone else."

49CyUK9.jpg

The monastic orders were now besieged from all sides.

And Jodhaa ordered a hot pursuit of the routing army..

iUygJYy.jpg

Heinrich Von Wittelsbach managed to escape with his army. The Mughals spread and started more sieges :)

The war was already won though.

c9vl6Ng.jpg

Livonian Order was the first to vanish into the annals of history.

bqWeSxZ.jpg

The Teutons had too much land to be annexed :(

Jodhaa made them swallow a 100% warscore deal.

Bh6ECQF.jpg

Poland got its belly filled, and Mughal Baltic area got enlarged :eek:

m8WXACF.jpg

Time for an opportunistic attack :mad:

Great Britain is involved in a Chilean war versus a Spanish CN.

They sent most of their heavy ship fleet there, and a load of their troops.

tumblr_ny8vliqSfy1uum2ngo8_r1_400.gif

A captain had seen their entire fleet on the way to Chile, accompanied by their transport fleet.

"They did WHAT?"

Jodhaa rubbed her hands with glee, and quickly ran to her dressing room!

Jodhaa took the chance, and was eager to accompany the landing fleet, as little risk was involved.

664905269.gif

"The fools left their entire homeland unprotected.."

She tried a lot of dresses, but agreed with none.

"I need a real WAR armor.. I'll just take the family sword, and I'll likely fit in my mother's old chainmail.."

eBz3vRf.jpg

.. but first, little Babur had to be put to bed. She snatched the young brat on her way to the war museum where general Banu Begum' armor was on display, and Jodhaa donned her mother's battle armor!

Babur wasn't too pleased with all the fuss :(

XnPHF2x.jpg

Jodhaa signalled the start of the naval invasion by bow.. A fire arrow lit the sky!

200-23.gif

"That one was for you, dear mother.." Jodhaa thought.

Jodhaa intended to honour her general-mother Banu Begum, with a well executed invasion of London..

Z4UC84V.jpg

The English king was stunned, when he heard that Mughal forces had arrived on the English mainland. He cursed himself for spreading his fleets too much :mad:

rwRlbOp.jpg

The Mughal military academy delivered a top notch general, to lead the invasion.

I usually am willing to roll 3 times for a good general, if I need one. Then I dismiss the bad ones.

The war on Portugal kept going and what you can see here in the background is the invasion and occupation of all colonies of Portugal around the globe. Even in Oceania.

FphBeuq.jpg

The invasion of Great Britain went smoothly :)

The stack in British France got wiped, and Jodhaa ordered full province limit siege stacks to besiege the forts.

"Must be careful here, the British can ferry their troops back!"

yVqDxDY.jpg

But they didn't... yet :confused:

They did make some small mercenary stacks, which got hunted down after the fort in Lancashire fell.

40k mercs got hired near London, and about 100k troops got recruited in France. 50k artillery and 50k infantry.

No cavalry. Don't look at me.

Jodhaa never liked horses...

Call her stupid, but the Mughal army simply had no cavalry.

TdZbNre.jpg

Great Britain got overrun, within 15 months..

And the English king could do little about it..

The level 8 fort on their capital is a coastal fort, and coastal level 8 forts are a tough nut to crack if they aren't blockaded.

Still, the +20% siege ability, and the ever present 25k artillery to get +5 siege rolls, made this type of fort fall within a year and half usually.

npse7oj.jpg

The Mughals started sieges on more and more coastal level 8 forts, wiping stray stacks.

4RJpP5u.jpg

The flimsy Mughal fleet TRIED to get some blockades going, but failed miserably :rolleyes:

This made Jodhaa think.

hnfTrKK.jpg

"We REALLY need to start constructing heavy ships.."

60 twodeckers were ordered!

...in a safe spot :rolleyes:

The sailors had no experience whatsoever with heavy ships, and likely would need a LOT of exercise first :oops:

Last edited:
DJtuIWg.jpg

Great Britain shipped its troops back from Chile region. Close to 90k troops had landed in Scottish area..

Finally.

3qBQ5if.jpg

Jodhaa did her mother proud..

OKbmJHM.jpg

..as she ordered to engage them HEAD ON :mad:

zZJeIHP.jpg

They got routed.. the English are bringing back more and more of their troops.

And their entire fleet is back!

5buwBiK.jpg

The Mughals PRETENDED an intention to wipe that stack on Western Isles...

The English navy blocked the strait.

y3zEduA.jpg

Pretended? Yes, as the REAL intention was to trick the English navy to leave the Irish strait open..

With success :rolleyes:

Close to 90k siege troops landed in Ulster, and started sieges on two coastal forts there..

Our 4 manoeuver general had forced marched across the strait and arrived a DAY before the English navy cut off the strait!

The English king cursed his foolishness..

Especially when his army got crushed in Sutherland, after he crossed the strait..

tPjXr0y.jpg

Meanwhile, Jodhaa had kept an eye out for nations coming out of truce.

The siege stacks moved from British France to Poland, in preparation for an attack on Brandenburg.

wC1Gczc.jpg

Mughals get ticking warscore from enemy capital occupation.

So... let's occupy their capital? :cool:

ZUjf33j.jpg

Brandenburg is a shade of what they once were.. Their only stack is recovering, while the Mughals start sieges..

wKPz2R0.jpg

Christmas Island was the last Portugal colony to fall.

The reason why this war dragged on, is coring range and needed ticking warscore.. The Mughals had to core some port in Oceania to be able to ask for Christmas Island.

But in the end, Portugal got full annexed!

XSnFkpi.jpg

No independence war for you!

The Mughals now have colonial nations :D

Chile made peace with Spain, and got really big.

They basically ate everything Spain had there :eek:

nsk6jeb.jpg

Everything that COULD be colonized in the New World, is colonized.

Most native tribes are gone.

jQ9u6Vt.jpg

OPM Brunei got declared upon, and crushed. They vanished off the map after their capital fell..

UHMPR2N.jpg

The attention of Jodhaa went to Brandenburg though.

Their king isn't as stupid as the Scandinavians and the English ;)

He merged his stacks, and formed a 80+k doomstack!

Jodhaa recruited MORE mercs, to deal with that threat..

zt6l79R.jpg

But the threat dissolved.. They split up again :rolleyes:

That event made me grin ear to ear.

It is a corruption event.

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Corruption_events

(Yeah there are LOADS of types of events in Eu4!)

"The lack of large-scale and everyday corruption in the Mughals has made it one of these rare places where principals matter over personal gain...?"

tumblr_o0k9k6lK0f1uejcvjo1_500.gif

"ERRR.. Sure!"

GTww2P3.jpg

"If the Brandenburgers split their army... then let's do a split attack?"

ZJjnQEP.jpg

r0KS0ew.jpg

Achen got routed, and wiped on their capital. Siege started.

Brandenburg got routed, and wiped. Carpet siege started.

War won..

yYK81q3.jpg

Great Britain landed more troops near CORK

champagne_zpsq29dgab1.gif

Champaign cork from France! They are using champaign artillery!

They got engaged.

Z6bj4U5.jpg

Great Britain saw its Irish forts fall and their troops there wiped.

Brunei and Bosnia got full annexed.

Truce with Austria is gone, right when 90+k troops were awaiting that near their capital of Brabant.

Yeah, the Mughals are on a roll these last decades :p

W5yLHDz.jpg

.. and Austria is the next victim.

What can I say?

War won..

FUyo8S2.jpg

Aachen got wiped off the map, and Jodhaa Sharqi is planning to take a BIG bite out of Brandenburg also..

gdbrp0H.jpg

Poland and France got fed until their belly almost BURST.

But Jodhaa wasn't done feeding France just yet.

gkpwnt8.jpg

At least France won't have to *digest* ALL THEIR OLD CORES.

Great Britain gave ALL French cores back to France.

They only got a few provinces left on the mainland. Burgundy got released as free nation from Great Britain, as France doesn't have core there..

Jodhaa asked for two bridgehead port provinces in Great Britain itself, to make the next invasion easier.

3MIcKdQ.jpg

Emir De Valois could KISS Jodhaa for what she had done for France.

7JEudWz.jpg

Catalonia saw its belly filled also. Jodhaa spoon fed entire Austria to Catalonia. Tuscany, the ally of Austtia, got full annexed.

After giving a few pats on all the subject's backsides, the European map lost a lot if its grey territory.

And the circle was full also now.

Spain would be the next target again. And rinse repeat forever after, until the grey is gone.

But first...

12.gif

"party?" asked the lead court dancer...

tumblr_o0i7d5e1jt1rwbf4ro1_540.gif

Jodhaa joined in..

WwTVLio.jpg

Then her husband joined in also..

pnVTi8J.jpg

Then the court ladies joined in also..

Y3yAIQF.jpg

And then the entire COURT joined in!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Last edited:
Reactions:
The wars weren't worh screenshotting to be honest :oops:
What? Not worth it? We can never get enough of Jodhaa's talent for manoeuvring!

It might seem funny, but a big stack travelled all the way to DELHI to try a siege on the Mughal capital. This actually worked into our favour.

But the stack was running back after their capital fell..
Silly AI :rolleyes:...

So the screenshots will look slightly different from now on ;)

From now on, they will show the effects of 'gfx overhaul' mod.
I still find it very beautiful. You should definitely keep it for future AAR's.

49CyUK9.jpg

The monastic orders were now besieged from all sides.
Almost sad to see a thriving TO being demolished, but the Mughals need it all.

No cavalry. Don't look at me.

Jodhaa never liked horses...
So that's the real reason, now it becomes clear!

XSnFkpi.jpg

No independence war for you!

The Mughals now have colonial nations :D
Really? I thought annexing them would let them break away? In which case DO you lose them?

Funny hats those Mughals and Austrians have, is it a cosmetic DLC? I never saw those hats before. Could also be me not looking at it decently during a game o_O...

Great chapter!

Really? I thought annexing them would let them break away? In which case DO you lose them?

only if you force vassalise them WHILE they have cn.

Funny hats those Mughals and Austrians have, is it a cosmetic DLC? I never saw those hats before. Could also be me not looking at it decently during a game o_O...

I got a couple of mods that alter HRE outfits, and one that shows all the 'rare' costumes for units from dlc unit packs.

the mod is called HRE retexture project, and the other unit packs extended.

I got no clue if any mod applies new hats for my guys, or others.

Suppose I can test that..

Are you sure about that? I vassalized Portugal in my current game. They still have CN Brazil.

did they have that cn when you vassalised that, or did they get it AFTER?

If they had CN before you force vasalised them, then I'm wrong. Then they changed that.

oh well. Worth console testing maybe. But why would one vassalise a colonizer if full annexing gives the CN to you? Maybe it has some situational use, if you want the colonizer to keep colonizing.

But.. If you force vassalise colonizers with CN, and that vassal would KEEP the cn, then you got to integrate them for a world conquest.. As subjects of subjects don't count, same as for PU subject CN.