• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Constitution: No

Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sardinia and Chancellor of Hispania
[Duke, Chancellor, funded colony]

@Michaelangelo @BelisariustheGreat

sassari_prov_coa_n5059.gif

Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange,

I have read your letter, and we can always need more diplomats, it is a tough world we are living in, and we need all who can serve the Crown.

Lux Tenebris Vincet

[Duke, Chancellor, funded colony]

@Michaelangelo @BelisariustheGreat

Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange,

I have read your letter, and we can always need more diplomats, it is a tough world we are living in, and we need all who can serve the Crown.

Lux Tenebris Vincet

((We technically already have all 3 diplomat positions filled, but seeing as Raboude isn't active anymore you could just remove their character and appoint Belisaurius's instead.))

[DVL, courtier, Grand Admiral, admiral, colony funded]

Since we have not heard anything from Lúcia Fernanda Manuela de Maia in a long time, this diplomat position is now filled by Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange.

Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sardinia, Chancellor of Hispania and Imperial Diplomat
Lux Tenebris Vincet

myKh8vJ.png

The constitution is a great advancement that will serve Hispania well, so I of course support it.
I also encourage my fellow members of the Cortz to finally elect a Chamberlain, the office being vacant far too long. I will present myself as such.
Félicien Pierre de Montségur, Duke of Trinacria and Diplomat of Hispania

(( Constitution: Yes
[Duke, Diplomat, Cortz]
))

Last edited:
Reactions:

Since we have not heard anything from Lúcia Fernanda Manuela de Maia in a long time, this diplomat position is now filled by Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange.

Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sardinia, Chancellor of Hispania and Imperial Diplomat
Lux Tenebris Vincet

((If I read correctly, I believe @BelisariustheGreat wanted a non-active character from his court as a diplomat, not his actual character.))

((Welp, gonna join again, gonna play as alternate history Newton, this will be wierd

Name: Isaac Newton
Date of birth: 25 December 1642 OS, 4 January 1653 NS
Class: Courtier
Religion: Protestantism
Bio: This, except being ridiculed because of the principia book and seeking recognition in Hispania

Also, can you (the in game character) create a subset of religion e.g cult of science?))

((Players can follow whatever religion they want, but if it's not officially recognized by the Church of Jesus Christ, it's considered heresy and will be persecuted. Hispania is fairly supportive of innovation and science, so you can easily practice such without making it a religion.))

Etxeto-arms.gif

A Message from Duque y Conte y Conte Guillen II B.X. Etxeto of House Etxeto

Constitution: Nay

((If I read correctly, I believe @BelisariustheGreat wanted a non-active character from his court as a diplomat, not his actual character.))
((It is still okay, my bastard Enrique have better military stats than diplomatic. In some "days" i will ask if he can be an officer:) ))
A messenger brought a good news for Sancho. He was made a diplomat for the Imperial Highness. He got a higher position on the court. He was happy: He reached a stepping stone, so he thought. But one question was very hard to answer: Who would be good enough to assistant him till he would travel in diplomatic mission through several countrys? He thought about his son, Enrique, but Enrique was still pretty young and to militaristic to lead and react on sensible actions at the Imperial court. And so he decided to give Enrique two new advisors: Fernando Pizzaro (2/5/1) a old diplomat from an italian count and Luis Moosbach (3/2/5) a diplomat who worked for Saxony. This three people would serve his reached points well, Sancho thought. At same Time a letter from the Count of Treviso in Austria arrived. He heared of his problems in Marriage Actions and offered him his two daughters and for Snachos sister his eldest son. Very happy about this good news Samcho decided to ask a last time if a Hispanian Noble would be willing to marry his Sister. ((@Michaelangelo is the list with the Bachelors and Bachelorettes correct and up to date or i must write my name in it, because my problem is that the whole family is without heir except for some Bastards))

((@Michaelangelo is the list with the Bachelors and Bachelorettes correct and up to date or i must write my name in it, because my problem is that the whole family is without heir except for some Bastards))

((Well it's up to each player who uses it to add and remove their characters as they are looking and find matches. It's best to just add those you want to make available and someone might request a match, although only a few people really use it these days. I was meaning to add some more people but as of yet have not found the time.))

((October 1685))

The past two months had been nothing short of chaotic. Princess Isabel de Trastámara had spent the entire time in the company of Emperor Henri II of France, who in turn was avoiding the pretender rebels trying to overthrow him. The whole time she feared for her life, knowing that to be captured could mean her end. Throughout it all though, Henri remained a resolute figure, unwilling to bend to the traitors trying to steal his throne. He kept his escaped force together and rallied what men he could to his just cause. But most importantly, he kept Isabel close and ensured her safety. He was her knight in shining armour, a protector in troubled times. When they had first met, she had thought him a lovesick child, but he had grown on her over the past months.

Now they neared the English Channel, where Isabel had to make a choice. She had stuck with Henri for this long, too afraid or unable to leave his entourage without risking her own safety, but things had calmed down enough that she could leave France without fearing her capture. The question was if she should. The day before she had witnessed Henri’s informal coronation. He had finally turned 16 and his remaining regent, Duke Montmorency, felt that he should be crowned immediately to strengthen his legitimacy. Once the pretender was dead, he would of course be formally crowned in Paris, but this was but a start. The excitement in the air had been palpable as the crown was placed on Henri’s head, for those in attendance were confident that this young man would crush this rebellion and rule France as a just and gracious emperor. Henri had this presence upon him that inspired such loyalty, despite his questionable heritage. It was difficult not to admire him.

As Isabel stared out at the channel, contemplating whether she should leave, she heard footsteps behind her. The newly crowned emperor stepped up beside her, joining her. “So do you intend to leave us now?”

Isabel shuffled from foot to foot. “I have considered it. Britain is but a short sail away, and I would love to see London.”

Henri scoffed at that. “The British have nothing worthwhile to offer you.”

“And France does? So far I have experienced blood and rebellion.”

Henri let out a sigh. “Your time in France has indeed been worthwhile, and it can offer you something Britain cannot.”

“And what is that?” Isabel asked, her curiosity piqued.

The French Emperor lost his confident demeanor for the first time since she had met him. It only served to strengthen his next word. “Me.”

Isabel’s heart fluttered, a motion that would have seemed ridiculous to her when they had first met. He was so much younger than her, something she could not overlook. Yet this young man had won her affection, but what of her love? She could not be certain yet.

“There is a whole world filled with young women who would eagerly accept that offer.”

“But none of them are you,” Henri said as he gently grasped her hands, turning her towards him. “Please tell me you will stay.”

The sentiment tugged at her heartstrings and she found it hard to deny his request, but she could not commit just yet. “I don’t know if I can. I need to think over things.”

“Well don’t spend too much time thinking,” Henri said. “My heart can only take so much waiting.”

The emperor excused himself, leaving Isabel to her thoughts. She knew his affection to be sincere, but would it be best for both of them? Such a marriage could present problems, for she knew her age made her seem less desirable to those seeking an heir. And there was still so much more of the world to see. Could she even consider tying herself down now? At times the princess wishes she had stayed home, content with reading her books. Life outside the study was proving to eventful for her tastes. What was she going to do?

JpsioAG.png

His Imperial Highness, Joan III de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks, wishes to announce the bestowal of the following titles upon his most loyal subjects:

For unwavering loyalty and a lifelong service to the Crown, the Saint-Pierre family is hereby granted the title to the county of Girona and elevated to the rank of duke.
((@05060403, feel free to make up your own ducal title appropriate to the region.))

Due to dynastic ties and the apparent extinction of the Sastre family, the Soneta family is hereby granted the title to the county of Urgell.
((@ML8991, I promised you Urgell after Keinwyn went inactive, so here it is.))

For the unparalleled bravery of General Marti de Leon in his liberation of both Rome and Paris, the Leon family is hereby granted the title to the county of Asturias and elevated to the rank of duke. ((@zenphoenix, you always seem to play as an unlanded member of the Leon family, so you've been ignored for titles since the game start as a result. I felt due to recent events, it was time to rectify that. If you ever do play the landed Leon, he's now a duke and you can great an appropriate ducal title.))

For generations of service to the Crown and a commitment to the armed forces and diplomatic corps of Hispania, as well as to replace an absentee lord, the Montségur family is hereby granted the title to the county of Calabria. ((@alscon, you've been pressuring me for some more land for ages and you've done a bunch of small significant things that I think have added up to enough for a new title. I'm pretty sure Calabria is Sicilian culture, so I think it still fits despite being in Naples. Also replacing someone who went inactive.))

For generations of service to the Crown and stable stewardship of Sardinia, as well as to replace an absentee lord, the Alvaro family is hereby granted the title to the county of Corsica. ((@Robban204, similar story to alscon in that I feel like you've done a bunch of small significant things that have added up over time. Taking over a province from someone who is inactive too.))

For stable stewardship of Navarre and steady commitment to the Crown in times of trouble, the Etxeto family is hereby granted the title to the county of Burgos.
((@Dadarian, unfortunately no more Basque provinces to give, nor any that are solely Catholic, but it should do.))

For unprecedented service to the Crown through multiple administrations, the Mandromenos family is hereby granted the title to the county of Mentese and elevated to the rank of duke. ((@Mach Twelve, I know I said you had to wait until you did something major with your new character, but it felt wrong to ignore you after granting 05 a title after becoming PM and when you served for over three decades in the same role, so here you go. Feel free to make up a ducal title that fits the area.))

Due to the lack of a son to succeed Us as of yet and the need to properly prepare our brother as heir, Pere de Trastámara is hereby granted the titles to the county of Alicante and Murcia and elevated to the rank of duke. ((If I'm handing out titles, I may as well throw a little something the Trastámara's way. :D))

((Sorry for taking so long to get those all out. I'm having a busy week. Blame my cousin for getting married, my new quasi-job, and the Euro Cup. :p On the plus side, I've found a blank map of the EUIV world that I've coloured for Hispania's European provinces to keep track of titles, so it'll be easier to figure them out in the future. Also,
@BelisariustheGreat, I feel bad that you're not getting a title since your character is just too new to become a duke yet, so I'll try to get you something to make up for it. Seeing as you're looking for matches for your family, perhaps I can arrange a few with some Trastámaras. I've added a bunch to the Bachelor & Bachelorette list, as well as one Palaiologos, so you can have first dibs. On a side note, I'm trying to think of a way to make the number of titles people have actually have some significance. While I don't want to tie it to VP, since that would hurt the other classes, I'm considering making it impact the Cortz elections or affect it in some other way. I'll be brainstorming some ideas soon.))

((Well, now I know I have worked too much :p Okey then, BelisauriustheGreats NPC Enrique de Carascona will be a new diplomat))

((Well now he has accepted your mistake since it works better for his main character as a diplomat, so the original choice is now correct. Lol, we're not trying to confuse you, I swear. :p))

Reactions:
Andronicus sat in his study in Valencia when a letter from the Emperor arrived. He opened it and smiled. His father was stationed in Mentese in times of peace, and he made many connections in the area. He inherited those connections and he would have little trouble assuming his place of the county. He pondered over his ducal title though. What would be a good name? Eventually he came to a answer.

I am Andronicus Mandromenos, Duke of Athens and the Hispanian Greeks

Andrés opened the letter from the Emperor, he had been granted another duchy. It warmed his old heart that the Emperor had bestowed him such an honor.
Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sardinia and Corsica. It sounded good. With newfound energy and resolve he went back to work again.

Sancho learned in his past that to get a high position, you have to wait. And the time he heared the news that many counts turned into dukes, he didn't felt insulted. He were still to young to get such a high title. ((@Michaelangelo i agree with you. I am to new and i and my dynasty never did something great for the Emporer so it is everything okay. I only want to be called a duke if i did something respectful and good for the Imperium. And don't forget: The final destination of my dynasty is to get the Princedom of Orange (Avignon) back;) ))
Dear friend,
I give you my congratulations to your promotion to an Duke. It was still to late, if you look on the service you did for the Empire. I also hope that we could write an contract between our Lands, to give merchants from our lands better conditions in some special city's.
Servilely
Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange
Count of Provence
Only legit prince of Orange
((With this contract i want to simulate how Samcho tries to be just a little bit more independent.))

Dear friend,
I give you my congratulations to your promotion to an Duke. It was still to late, if you look on the service you did for the Empire
Servilely
Count in Provence
Only legit Prince of Orange

Dear friend,
I give you my congratulations to your promotion to an Duke. It was still to late, if you look on the service you did for the Empire
Servilely
Count in Provence
Only legit Prince of Orange

((For @Michaelangelo: You could increase the autonomy in Provinces owned by clergy/ nobles by 25% and in duchys by 50 % just to simulate this "independence" and that there are taxes going anywhere))

((So what would my ducal title be? Duke of Asturias or of Leon?))

Etxeto-arms.gif

The Musings of Duque y Conte y Conte y Conte Guillen II B.X. Etxeto of House Etxeto

The gift of the County of Burgos was a surprise, and a pleasant one at that. Perhaps this Emperor wasn't so bad after all. Now it was time to give more peasants the light of God's love. As opposed to the heathenry that pervades the rest of the Empire.

((Convert Burgos to Catholic))

((So what would my ducal title be? Duke of Asturias or of Leon?))

((Both, with your older title being your primary one due to it's greater significance.))

Reactions: