• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can the variables be used in (for example) buildings costs? So like mineral cost of a building =Var1, and then technology Y reduces Var1 by 20%?

- Added clear_resources effect.
- Added set_species_homeworld effect.

Example usage:
Code:
planet_event = {
    immediate = {
        every_tile = {
            clear_resources = yes
        }
    }
}

Code:
country_event = {
    immediate = {
        species = {
            set_species_homeworld = event_target:my_planet_scope
        }
    }
}

Reactions:
@Divine so no chance we will get targeted decisions? We could seriously use the ability to add new right click functionality :D

So clear_resources made it in to Asimov beta. Yay!

But...

Code:
planet_event = {
    id = synthetic_empire_event.4
    is_triggered_only = yes
    hide_window = yes

immediate = {
        every_tile = {
            limit = { has_building = "building_hydroponics_farm_1" }
            remove_building = yes
            set_building = "building_power_plant_1"
            clear_resources = yes
            add_deposit = d_rich_energy_deposit
        }
        every_tile = {
            limit = { has_deposit = "d_farmland_deposit" }
            clear_resources = yes
            add_deposit = d_energy_deposit
        }
    }
}

The first every_tile works, but I can't get the other to work. I suspect it's because has_deposit either doesn't work like this or because the starting planet resources are called something entirely different. Any suggestions Divine, I want to replace the +1 Food tiles with +1 Energy?

I hope this is okay to do in this thread . . . Could someone respond to my queries about Cusom Galaxies?

In brief: What do the following three assignments do in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Stellaris\map\setup_scenarios\<mapsize.txt>
"method = constant"
"value = x"
"max = y"
Code:
cluster_count = {
# method = one_every_x_empire
method = constant
value = 6
max = 10
}
cluster_radius = 150
cluster_distance_from_core = 300

So clear_resources made it in to Asimov beta. Yay!

But...

Code:
planet_event = {
    is_triggered_only = yes
    hide_window = yes

immediate = {
        every_tile = {
            remove_building = yes
            clear_resources = yes
        }
        every_tile = {
            limit = { has_deposit = "d_farmland_deposit" }
            clear_resources = yes
        }
    }
}

The first every_tile works, but I can't get the other to work. I suspect it's because has_deposit either doesn't work like this or because the starting planet resources are called something entirely different. Any suggestions Divine, I want to replace the +1 Food tiles with +1 Energy?

Unfortunately the +1 food and the other initial spawn tile resources are not added using deposits. They are using the older system with resources instead. It's confusing that it's using an overlapping system.
I would try to identify the tile with:
Code:
has_resource = {
    type = food
    amount > 0
}

@Divine so no chance we will get targeted decisions? We could seriously use the ability to add new right click functionality :D

There's a plan down the line to add more functionality to the custom script buttons. We'll see if that covers the intended usage of targeted decisions.

I know I'm not the best at posting in the suggestions thread but I'm reading it and planning new additions according to the posts in that thread. It's however an impossible job to implement everything. This thread is however meant to be an early channel for me to tell about upcoming mod-changes and to comment on the implemented functionality so please try to keep this thread on topic.

Reactions:
Unfortunately the +1 food and the other initial spawn tile resources are not added using deposits. They are using the older system with resources instead. It's confusing that it's using an overlapping system.
Code:
has_resource = {
    type = food
    amount > 0
}

There's a plan down the line to add more functionality to the custom script buttons. We'll see if that covers the intended usage of targeted decisions.

Did custom script buttons make it into Azimov?

Is there any information with respect to how to use them?

Is there any information with respect to how to use them?
I found the best info here actually
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/4nj569/in_asimov_you_can_mod_in_buttons/d44r58n
One of the programmers talking about it.

I believe it did somewhat. I think the scope part is incomplete and will always be the player country.

Then at the moment the comments appear to be misleading in the example file. Either way it is an amazing addition and I can't wait to see how it improves.

Code:
has_resource = {
    type = food
    amount > 0
}

[11:11:47][effect_impl.cpp:293]: has_resource effect at file: events/synthetic_empire_events.txt line: 197 accepts only yes or no as values
[11:11:47][effect_impl.cpp:293]: type effect at file: events/synthetic_empire_events.txt line: 198 accepts only yes or no as values
[11:11:47][effect_impl.cpp:293]: amount effect at file: events/synthetic_empire_events.txt line: 199 accepts only yes or no as values

Didn't work :) Thanks anyway, I think I'll leave the resources/deposits alone.

Code:
planet_event = {
    is_triggered_only = yes
    hide_window = yes

immediate = {
        every_tile = {
            remove_building = yes
            clear_resources = yes
        }
        every_tile = {
            has_resource = {
                type = food
                amount > 0
            }
        }
    }
}

I believe it did somewhat. I think the scope part is incomplete and will always be the player country.

Any hope of the scopes being fixed by Asimov's release? Or is this something that we're gonna have to wait awhile for? This is a game changing feature for modders, so it'd be nice to actually be able to fully explore it while you are all on vacation.

Any hope of the scopes being fixed by Asimov's release? Or is this something that we're gonna have to wait awhile for? This is a game changing feature for modders, so it'd be nice to actually be able to fully explore it while you are all on vacation.
Unfortunately I think it won't make it to Asimov's release. I'm currently occupied by implementing some mod features for CK before my focus is back to Stellaris and I don't think anyone else has time to look at it before Asimov. However once I get back on Stellaris it's one of the top things I want to look at.