• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Silfae

Colonel
31 Badges
Nov 4, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Hello, Paradox community, you might remember me from all that other Warhammer stuff in CK2, so here some Warhammer stuff for Stellaris, enjoy:

promoeldar.png

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1bbc6kb5j61b3r0/Eldar Portraits.rar

Steam Workshop Download:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707415339&searchtext=

Installation:
As for any Paradox mod, just extract the files and put the content in the Documents/Paradox Interactive/mod/ directory and select the mod on the startup menu of the game.

Content:
Animated male and female Eldar portraits with clothing and hair variations, pre-set custom star system.

So do they move?
Yes.

Why does X look weird?
Because the human meshes deform customized textures, so it's either that or no movement and different combinations of hair/clothes/faces.
This was mostly made as a tryout to see what were the difficulties in Stellaris' portrait modding anyway.

Additional credits:
Shadeoses
(@Shade2 ) for the name lists, taken from Geheimnisnacht.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thanks.
It does add a premade empire with a premade starting system, but nothing fancy there.

The ship names are Eldar, I couldn't find lists of character names long enough though, so I used names picked from the Asur culture group of Geheimnisnacht.

Updated with alternative Steam Workshop link.

Oh my... Silfae portraits in Stellaris? Truly we live in a glorious time!
There there, I'm flattered.

In truth, the system they have is extremely hostile to variations (unless you make them boring 2D statics), I'm still struggling with it. There's a lot more files to keep track of compared to CK2, for less result. We'll see what I can manage.

There there, I'm flattered.

In truth, the system they have is extremely hostile to variations (unless you make them boring 2D statics), I'm still struggling with it. There's a lot more files to keep track of compared to CK2, for less result. We'll see what I can manage.
I haven't messed around much with portraits yet as art isn't my forte, but reading through the dev diaries on the topic made it look like it'll definitely take some getting used to compared to how they've been handled in previous games. Hopefully it'll get easier the more you work with them though, it's always nice seeing how things improve over time.

I haven't messed around much with portraits yet as art isn't my forte, but reading through the dev diaries on the topic made it look like it'll definitely take some getting used to compared to how they've been handled in previous games. Hopefully it'll get easier the more you work with them though, it's always nice seeing how things improve over time.
Yes, while one can use a pre-existing mesh, it tends to arbitrarily cut and twist new textures when they are put on it, so it is not just a question of drawing them over. While making the mesh, that's a way harder thing to do.

Reactions: