• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Darkrenown

Star marshal
141 Badges
Jan 8, 2002
no
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Hello all, once again I am here to tell you about the horrors wonders of <Secret DLC>! Today the subject is our new narrative events. We have added two new chains of events, the first being the titular End of Days chain(s).

The concept behind the EoD events are that your people have become scared and uncertain in the wake of Plagues and this has given rise to various doomsayers and general unrest. Possible results of this include:

• The rise of a Prophet of Doom, who is convinced the world will end if they do not overthrow your rule.

• A general belief that the dead have returned to walk the earth and attack the living.

• Panic based on a solar eclipse, which is surely the herald of the End Times.

These events are somewhat rare, and each possible doom has several ways to resolve it, for better or for worse, so we hope you will find them rather interesting should they appear.
EoD.jpg

end of days.jpg

The other chain we have added is The quest for Eternal Life. Much as I encouraged you to do in an earlier DD, characters in CK may find themselves contemplating their mortality, and as rulers of realms they have rather more resources available to them than you or I. The quest for Eternal Life is long, dangerous, and prone to failure, but when the possible reward is the ability to defy Death… well, you can see why people may undertake it anyway.
eternal life.jpg

That’s all for now, next week I will go into detail about our new Maimed traits.

Reactions:
I would like to propose "The Crusading Death" as DLC title

Reactions:
What a boring dd

Reactions:
...I remember that one of the earlier DDs- the one with the options- had the ability to turn off certain events. I imagine the fantasy resolutions of these chains would be among them?

Reactions:
we will also see the Secret Bears DLC we were promised.
Sad news the depots are called:

Crusader Kings II: Not Bears (449980)
Crusader Kings II: Not Bears At All
Crusader Kings II: No Savage Bears (472070)

Reactions:
...I remember that one of the earlier DDs- the one with the options- had the ability to turn off certain events. I imagine the fantasy resolutions of these chains would be among them?

Eternal life chain is disabled if fantasy events are off.

What a boring dd

Beats your post anyway ;)

Reactions:

I would hope so. But some of these do not seem particularly fantasy. Well, the chain for eternal life one certainly is, but "panics" and rumour mills were quite common.

Reactions:

So this is enough for a Dev Diary these days?

This is like making a DD of the "Demon spawn" event chain in Sons of Abraham.

Don't misunderstand me, I actually like the events here, but I do find this to be a very lackluster dev diary.

Reactions:
I will embark on the same quest as Gilgamesh and Alexander!

Reactions:
Zombies? Seriously Paradox? This is what you're giving us? What is this, 2011 all over again?

I sure as s**t hope it is, because I - for one - love the notion of a f***ng zombie invasion.

CRUSADER KINGS Z CONFIRMED! AFTER SO MANY YEARS, WE'RE FINALLY GETTING THE DLC THAT WAS PROMISED! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Reactions: