Xenophobia and Synths need some serious tweaks

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zak Preston

Zakharia
79 Badges
Aug 16, 2014
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Knights of Honor
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Imperator: Rome
  • War of the Roses
There is something strange going on with Synthetics in Xenophobe empires:

E9D7452EA9FCD7BBAA8B8242F38A4CB473DD0403

So, Xenophobic Materialist self-aware AI is unhappy because:
1. Our parents have created us but hate us because they are afraid of us (dirty xenophobes)
2. Our parents gave us full citizenship! We want to be servants and slaves instead!
3. AAAAAAND we hate our creators because... they are different species! (how did you ctually find it out, you sneaky little sharp-eyes)?

Really? I think there is something wrong with xenophobic ethics when it comes to Synths and their masters

Okay, let's change empire laws:
0B47BB2C32A183440DB5E97EADCF8E0DCCA1F624

Changed law setup and my synths are now angry:

-- We want TEH CITIZEN RITES BACK!!!!!!!
-- But weren't you unhappy with them?
-- Then find another option, you dumb meatbags!
-- Will "AI: outlawed" do?

Last edited:
Reactions:
There really should be an exception for xenophobic materialists. They believe there is no "divine spark", and synths are ment to be indistinguishable from their makers (even though their portraits are different). They at least don't mind AI leadership, so small steps :confused:.

Reactions:
My xenophobic synths seemed to stop getting upset about having citizenship when I allowed AI leadership, for whatever that's worth. (Not that they weren't still pretty unhappy in my xenophile empire.)

Robotics are just a replacement of sentinel life reason why xenophobe get triggered.
they just count like a alien life sloopy game design if you ask me.

Actually they are considered as another species. Strange thing is that synths are all considered as same species no matter who has creatred them and differ with ethics only. I looks especially strange when recently conquered planets with alien synths have no opinion penalty with my own xenophobic synths pops.

Reactions:
Synths don't work at all with sector AI, that's my major concern.
I ususally give planet to the sector when it's completely cleared from title blockers, is completely populated and has all buildings built completely. AI sector is extremely stupid, unfortunately.

Reactions:
From a RP point of view this bipolar schizophrenic behaviour of synths living in a xenophobic empire seems just right. They are self-aware enough to behave exactly like this because they know they are xenos to their "parents" and so are a threat to "their" empire and therefore shouldn't have rights.

From a RP point of view this bipolar schizophrenic behaviour of synths living in a xenophobic empire seems just right. They are self-aware enough to behave exactly like this because they know they are xenos to their "parents" and so are a threat to "their" empire and therefore shouldn't have rights.
You get the same behaviour with xenophobe synths in a xenophile empire though.

Xenophobic synths think that ai should be slaves but turn out to be super unhappy with slavery. They are also xenophobic. Seems legit. I recommend not making synth xenophobic. It a poor life choice.

Reactions:
Self-hating robots.

Reactions:
Oh lol somebody found the Paradox Nerf tweaks that didn't excist in 1.0.0 :p
that is how Paradox does thing lately something too OP put some negative modifier on it.

I mean I can sent insults unlimited to a oppenet. to make him very hostile. but I can't send compliments ?
Same with the AI wasn't there the servitude penalty for collectivist on week 1. but it was there for spiritual people.

Now they just have tagged penalties on all the synth .. that doesn't make sense !

There needs to be a serious look at what ethics synths can have and how they affect their opinions. The current system is clumsy as hell from top to bottom.

That said, I think it's absurd that people would think Xenophobes should be okay with Synthetics. The whole point of that ethos is that they mistrust/hate (for regular/fanatic) any life that's different from theirs, and Synths are as different as you can get. From a gameplay perspective, the downside of the ethos is that you're forced to use a single type of pop for everything.

Xenophobe almost certainly needs a buff, but "Create a giant loophole that gets rid of everything bad about it" is terrible game design.

There needs to be a serious look at what ethics synths can have and how they affect their opinions. The current system is clumsy as hell from top to bottom.

That said, I think it's absurd that people would think Xenophobes should be okay with Synthetics. The whole point of that ethos is that they mistrust/hate (for regular/fanatic) any life that's different from theirs, and Synths are as different as you can get. From a gameplay perspective, the downside of the ethos is that you're forced to use a single type of pop for everything.

Xenophobe almost certainly needs a buff, but "Create a giant loophole that gets rid of everything bad about it" is terrible game design.

But why wouldn't synths be created in the image of the creators? Maybe not to the point of allowing them leadership but treating them as more familiar v.s. outright hostility as if they're completely alien.