What decides who is a Major Faction member?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HalfBus

Corporal
13 Badges
Mar 14, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
I am somewhat confused by the major system. In my current war against the allies the only major faction left is the British Raj, but looking at their stat page I don't really understand why they count as "major". Under 100 planes, under 20 divisions, 1 (!) ship. Pitiful amount of military factories, some civilian factories. They have no way to even reach me and are not threatening at all. Is this implemented to give the US enough time to join the war in case of a German Blitz+Sea lion or is the method with which a major faction is determined wonky?

oJBQo0n.png

I think it's warscore participation. I became a major member of the Axis with either eight or nine percent as fascist Canada.
Can't be it, in that case Australia would be major, not Raj. But thanks to that idea I found out that Australia occupies something from me. I wonder what.
yiUF5r3.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
What makes a country a "major" is number of total factories. AFAIK the number is 50, but that may have been tweaked after I last read up on that.

Reactions:
What makes a a "major" is number of total factories. AFAIK the number is 50, but that may have been tweaked after I last read up on that.
Number is definitely lower, South Africa is major with at most 33.

xgw1ZAN.png

Edit: I wanted to check if I could find the number by looking at my enemies in other wars. Canada wasn't a major with 33 factories in '39 ( I switched nations to make sure). South Africa has 31.

Last edited: