• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did. Of course, I remember when MTV played Music...

summary: I'm old.

Atwix, love your AAR's.

I'm 37, that Green Jelly album came out when I was like 14-16 or so, and my brother bought and played it at home. I actually spoke English a lot better then him (computer game nerd FTW, I even spoke some Japanese thx to games), and had to tell him the story of that song.. Then we watched the clip on MTV, and we both laughed. I remember MTV text on the clip said the ENTIRE clip is handmade, with clay and whatnot being remade for each shot/second.

Music Television channel actually playing music! Yeah, Good old times. Beavis and Butthead!

Anyways, Thanks for the nice words, and I feel honored you make your first forum post in my AAR ;)

In other news: next chapter will be up somewhere today.

Chapter 6: HASTA LA VISTA, BABY

(switched to old CRT and old desktop, and forgot to install the 'enhanced graphics' for this chapter)

GsVBzkG.jpg

Ok, it was clear the game was trying to tell me something here.

Artillery cost -10%.

I was close to military tech 13, where artillery gets real good due to +0.40 to artillery power in fire phase.

Also, what wins wars is SIEGING better then the enemy.

Regarding my tech level in general: I am still at diplo tech 3 (yeah, I know o_O), and I get +0.50 yearly corruption due to imbalanced tech. My plan is to sit on it, and corruption can go to hell. I will NOT spend any monarch points on tech or ideas, except for military tech. I 'll only tech up to admin level 10 for another idea group maybe.

I wish to note that I had a rudimentary (very longterm) plan at this point. Which involves giving jack **** about high corruption, and NEVER spending a single ducat on rooting out corruption.

Bit unorthodox, but who knows :rolleyes:

I'm generally quite good at adapting to new expansion blocking mechanics that each patch keeps on introducing (if I may say so, hope that doesn't sound too braggart :oops:), and it was all to be part of the longterm plan o_O

Will it work? Who knows :confused:

Bare with me, I guess. Corruption is now at 35, and rising :D

PUEjJZv.jpg

Anyways, let's build 23 artillery regiments, for a total of 30. I can siege 3 level 2 forts at once then with enough artillery to get +5 to rolls for siege.

Usd4qXq.jpg

Ayutthaya is the big blob in southeast Asia. Jangladesh and them have common rival in Vinegar, which made them friendly and juuuuust about willing to accept an alliance.

Note that building the artillery actually made this possible, as suddenly I get +10 army strength bonus for Alliance ;)

YES, it is possible to overcome -100 to alliance acceptance malus, even on very hard difficulty :cool:

There is no 'very hard' -40 to alliance acceptance thank god, only -20 for hard difficulty..

TJxqgOw.jpg

In other news: Ai excommunicating everyone. AI calling a crusade. and here, AI claiming throne of someone else. They were allied however. No war followed. Would have been a sight to see if AI declared force PU war, don't you agree?

hgXohyo.jpg

Jangladesh built 20+ artillery. Jangladesh upped its stability to 0 with admin points after being at -3 due to culture shifting, in preparation for THIS :eek:

Reconquest of Bahmanis cores. Malwa did NOT re-ally Vinegar :cool:

I call in my attack dog Jaunpur. Strangely enough, Ayutthaya does not want to join war versus their rival, due to me doing a 'distant war' :rolleyes:

Err, right. I guess I will abuse you in some other way then, later on :mad:

Malabar is the ally of Vinegar, and they have no other allies. I make them full co-belligerent.

CfTxP9A.jpg

Declaring on the first month is always good idea ;)

Important tip: AI Always lowers army maintenance at peace, and declaring on the first day of the month allows battle within month at lower morale for them. Especially if you can reach their capital/main army within a month.

I was on way to the fort that protects Vinegar capital when the 'battle will occur' icon showed in the fort povince I was gunning for.

Ok, let me throw everything in then, as it is obvious Vinegar is movement locked to Raichur Doab province :p

Result? Before they can leave the province, both my armies will arrive there. On the same day, of course.

VQWAGL3.jpg

FIRE!!!!!!!

qFrIFob.jpg

I got muskets, they do NOT. I got full morale, they do NOT. I got military tech 12, they do NOT. I got a good fire pip leader leading my army, they have NO leader. I flank them with 6 cavalry. I got almost full back row of artillery here.

So...

*STOMP*

pEx2gVT.jpg

Condottieri jumped me on the wartarget province. Got to LOVE condottieri :rolleyes:

Luckily my attack dog was in the area, and he joined the battle :mad:

whSf2C8.jpg

Vinegar second big stack joined the fight, and then the second Jaunpur stack joined the fight also. Vinegar gets routed, which gave me time to finish my sieges.

Note that each siege has enough artillery to get the +5 to siege roll bonus from artillery. Level 2 forts need 10 artillery for a +5 bonus to siege roll, which I got EVERYWHERE.

Anyways, Vinegar got routed. And the ticking warscore started.. ticking ;)

And Jangladesh gets free dosh. Because its been WAY too long since I got a lucky event :mad:

g3eiBYe.jpg

+5 to siege rolls from artillery is NOT to be underestimated, if you can combine it with some siege pips on generals.

The first fort falls after THREE months of siege :confused:

YcI5C0t.jpg

The second fort falls after 4 months, and the road to their capital lies open..

Gmv05pg.jpg

I do the sieging, and Jaunpur does the fighting. Works for me ;)

Chaingun should really program the AI NOT to attack if reinforcements are present in closeby provinces :rolleyes:

q7XHOdI.jpg

Hmm.

I do the sieging, and Jaunpur does the fighting. Works for me ;)

piK8GsS.jpg

This is getting crazy. Forts are falling like flies here :eek:

Important tip: I'll say it again, do NOT underestimate the power of +5 siege rolls from artillery... Especially when your enemy isn't at military tech 13 yet, for bastion level 4 forts..

cg68aLW.jpg

The fort in Rayalaseema fell too, and I started going hunter/killer mode, as Vinegar only has ONE fort left in Gingee. Oh, and one in the far northwest near Gujarat. But that one doesn't make a difference.

Malabar only has its capital left, and I placed 5k artillery on it for max siege bonus (capital without fort needs 5k for max bonus).

I routed a small stack, and then Vinegar intends to snipe my vassal Persia :confused:

Movement locked Vinegar, so...

HOLD THE LINE! WE ARE COMING BUDDY!!!

8bjUS2j.jpg

Persia survived, Vinegar got routed. The other Vinegar stack went north, and attacked Jaunpur there.

I did a hot pursuit of the Vinegar stack. With a slight detour :rolleyes:

FpPDw6y.jpg

Routed them again, and they ran to VENAD in the southwest, instead of Ceylon Island :eek:

WIPE :mad:

Placed all troops on the province near the strait, and WAR WON.

Within a year and a half.

THANK ALLAH for the artillery advice event ;)

P8gSTul.jpg

October 1565 was also the month when HORMUZ finished integrating.

Say hello to Jangladeshi Arabia and Egypt.

I deleted the forts, and moved the integrated troops to India, and that is that.

Yeah, no matter what the devs do to nerf no-fort gameplay, they still can't convince me to even pay for a SINGLE fort. Ever :p

I prefer the AI going for my subject forts instead ;)

Important tip: Nice magnets, those subject forts. Especially good if you delete all mountain forts before granting the provinces to them, and to let them keep plains/steppe forts to have wider combat width to ATTACK the siegers...

qVcm2EJ.jpg

"Hi France! Yeah, I read you loud and clear, this is Jangladesh."

"Say what? You want our help versus Great Britain? Bit late for that, France."

Last edited:
Fpfhl78.jpg

Vinegar now guarantees Malwa, as they now see them as tasty food that I may NOT conquer if they have anything to say about it.

Ok. Noted. DULY noted.

GamePZp.jpg

Jangladesh asks for 4 Vinegar fort provinces and some other provinces to link the land to the former territory of MALABAR, who got annexed before this.

And then I granted Bahmanis the provinces of Malabar.

Note that I used return core here, to please Bahmanis. Maybe a waste of diplo points. Oh well :oops:

Probably should have transferred occupation to Bahmanis everywhere, but can't change it now.

Vinegar has a grand total of 2 (!) forts left now :)

X7mvDQG.jpg

One day after the peace deal with Piggie Vinegar.......

"Hi there little piggies! Guess who is back!"

"Say what? We still have a truce? Does it look like I care?"

c97hyQj.jpg

"LITTLE PIG LITTLE PIG LET-ME-IN!"

*Vinegar joins war again, furious*

*Bengal joins war, furious*

SFasZtG.jpg

6OPtp1W.png

"YO! PIGFACE! I'm your worst nightmare! Your ass is mine!!!

zKERlQt.jpg

8HOAZEO.png

4gIFulx.jpg

2GyEzdA.jpg

JiHFkJt.jpg

Gujarat wants a piece of the cake too.

Grmpf.

Mys3b6Q.jpg

MY CAKE :mad:

tHl2Zkw.gif

Don't push it, Gujarat. Jaunpur can't protect you :mad:

hAzIq8p.jpg

18ZMj-.gif

Thanks for letting me take over that siege, Gujarat :cool:

hkCgW0Z.jpg

Think I'll spare you the rest of the carnage :rolleyes:

XNQXE0O.jpg

In other news: FRANCE loses bad. And the evangelical union formed.

JGN5rxB.jpg

All provinces of Vinegar and Bengal cost double warscore and give double AE because I do seperate peaces with non cobelligerent nations in the war against Malwa.

But, AE is just a number, so... Who cares :rolleyes:

Bengal gives me provinces in the juicy Orissa state, and the last province in my West Bengal state.

Vinegar gives all its forts. I wonder if they will rebuild them ;)

And Gujarat? Hmm.. Bye Gujarat :eek:

zOKVpwq.jpg

My troops had been walking WEST while Bengal and Vinegar were cooking. We strike, right when Morocco gets invaded by Timbuktu. They won't protect their ally Tlemcen.

Time to teach those filthy pirates who is boss :mad:

Orlando Gavalas would approve ;)

cqGHvnc.jpg

"Hi Tlemcen. Yeah it's me, Jangladesh."

"Please keep a safe distance, I'm trying to reach Spain here."

Ut1K0qH.jpg

JOIN THE ARMY! Free RAMBO knife included!

Now where is the road to Spain... Silly forts standing in my way :mad:

5VOb3uD.jpg

In other news: Great Britain does this. No comment o_O

zjpkUMu.jpg

Ah there you are Spain. Yeah, you are really in my way, Tlemcen.

eLaRS1O.jpg

XfrP0DG.jpg

I spy an opportunity here. See it also?

HF2UaaY.jpg

Let's put Malwa out of their misery first.

Jangladesh is building a presence on the coast of Bengal Sea here, and coast of Orissa..

PB8wo9v.jpg

BYE JAUNPUR. Was nice knowing you.

sMEsv3l.jpg

What a joyful little mess Very hard difficulty can give. Everyone and their mother is invading the Ottomans, from all sides o_O

And Jangladesh is doing a covert op operation inside Russia. Can you spot them?

get

ndO5rvN.jpg

"We have been spotted! GET TO DA CHOPPA!"

Last edited:
Reactions:
Aer7b9w.jpg

"Hi Russia! Yeah, that was Jangladesh who sieged down your capital."

"Say what? Where did I go? I did a tactical retreat through Lithuania and such, to land on the wartarget province. The rest fled back east, under cover of darkness."

dHggvYr.jpg

"Say what? You were routing there? I don't play by the rules?"

XMgmDsx.jpg

"Does it look like I care?"

AH03sIQ.jpg

tumblr_n2k39tDiA91slz94ho8_500.gif

uRONSHQ.jpg

tumblr_ntyf43pWZp1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Russia had enough.

I laughed. So hard :D

And then I cursed, realizing Persia ceded a corridor for Russia into Nogai.

We LOST the war????

They made peace right before Crimea fell.

SNEAKY LITTLE BUGGER, this new AI :mad:

nFMpM89.jpg

In other news: Kachar crushed Bengal, and did this. Nice going, Kachar. I got absolutely no clue how Kachar was defensive warleader here. Maybe Bengal attacked Kachar right before I jumped them. Who cares.

hWfc0yQ.jpg

Tlemcen ceded a corridor from Jangladeshi Egypt towards Spain.

Why? For several reasons.

1. Jangladesh can westernize now. If I ever finish coring this land. I got to do it one by one, moving west, as I got no coring range to core the port near Spain.

2. If you border a colonizer with colonial nation in North or South America, then you are eglible for all the mercantilism events. Well, most. You can get the events for tea, coffee, cocoa and whatnot, which can all give mercantlism.

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Mercantilism_events

Imports Compete with [Root.GetAdjective] Quality Goods
This infobox may contain outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version of the game. The last version it was verified as up to date for was 1.14.
Our neighbors have established a large colonial presence in the New World. The exports from this distant land have been steadily increasing, and some of the exotic goods have become very popular, even among those who should know better than to be dazzled by curiosities.
Recently, our neighbors have gone further, openly fuelling this interest. Encouraging people to 'buy American', they are pushing for more imports from the colonies, outcompeting our own goods and depriving good [Root.GetAdjective] people of work. We might get something out of this influx of foreign trade, but the safest option would be to erect barriers to reduce it.

[Collapse]
Trigger conditions
Mean time to happen
1000 months

Immediate effects
Let's see what the colonies have to offer.
  • Decrease mercantilism by 2%.
  • Gain the “Buying American” country modifier for 5 years, giving:
    • +10% trade steering.
  • Countries with the buy_american_overlord and buy_american_colony country flags get the “Pelased” opinion modifier towards this country (+20 decaying 1 yearly) and have those flags cleared.
Nothing of decent quality could come from these backwater upstarts.
  • Increase mercantilism by 2%.
  • Countries with the buy_american_overlord and buy_american_colony country flags get the “Insulted” opinion modifier towards this country (-50 decaying 5 yearly) and have those flags cleared.

3. We got a way into Iberia now, and into West Africa coring range, as I border MOROCCO also now. And Morocco COLONIZED the corridor into West Africa.

4. If Spain wants to invade North Africa, it will have to be by SEA.

ZOlVt4s.jpg

The real target now is JAUNPUR. The war with Ottomans may be over, but Ottomans are SO much in debt now, that they won't protect their ally Jaunpur should I attack.

Important tip: You can check the amount of loans and debt an AI nation has in the ledger, or by simply declaring war 'in theory' with the declare war screen. If a red cross is shown for the allies protecting , you have a GOOD nation to attack.

c77tywC.jpg

Jaunpur rivalled me. I rivalled them back. I fabricated on the OPM Orissa (MY state!) and Jaunpur, the sneaky buggers, send condottieri..

LkfpEBN.jpg

Jangladesh did a hot pursuit.

TEZyTxK.jpg

Predator-Gif.gif

lgejlZ6.jpg

"Hi Ayutthaya! Yeah, it's me, Jangladesh."

"Say what? You are itching for a fight? By all means! I got this rabid dog to put down, want to help?"

"Yeah? Excellent!"

V2rD73u.jpg

I got to admit, I underestimated them :oops:

They charged in head on, while I was sieging the wartarget province of central Doab.

The moment I saw they were really movement locked, I cursed and started making mercs in all nearby provinces. I threw them in when they popped.

Jaunpur has 1.0 morale MORE then me, and more army tactics.

I had failed to notice that Jaunpur is already at military tech 15, which gives +1 morale.

GRMPF.

Last edited:
YYgeMe0.jpg

HOLD THE LINE :mad:

xKxZnQB.jpg

their front line is collapsing!

ADVANCE!

N6Osh0h.jpg

They ran before we could reach their artillery for real..

Oh well.

ElWZw6C.jpg

I must say, the AI ATTACKS if you siege on very hard. They attack, non stop o_O

I like it :p

But it also means you can bait them. Throw in new front line infantry to disable them for a few months while they are routing.. And then you finish the siege and move on.

fa2udSZ.jpg

Ayutthaya gets obliterated by Jaunpur and allies..

But they do make an excellent diversion ;)

Enough diversion for Jangladesh to finish siege on the capital of Jaunpur.

QU84LUH.jpg

I got a bit careless, and Jaunpur profited. They engaged a 15k artillery stack I sent to help siege down the level 4 fort of Patna :oops:

10k artillery units slaughtered. Silly mistake really :(

But at least I routed them again, after backtracking from Patna province.

Jll69Iw.jpg

In the east, Ayutthaya is showing some manoeuvring skill also :D

DVHDUYR.jpg

Ayutthaya was on the prowl after I peaced out all nations but Jaunpur. They kept them busy while I sieged yet another fort of theirs.

GSS2toh.jpg

Their last fort is being sieged. Jaunpur is being mauled.

Life is good in Jangladesh.

SIBT6rV.jpg

BlHvKqF.jpg

Congrats, team!

1tcqCe5.jpg

Quantity and Economic. Jaunpur sure is POWERFUL military wise, as their quantity army is fueled by economic DOSH making.

But....

ns39XxA.jpg

BcR3btx.jpg

In the end, I took the province of Central Daob, and some juicy future state provinces near Patna. Use state mapmode to see what is 'best' to take and make a state of.

I did weaken Jaunpur considerably, by releasing all nations in the rich state of OUDH.

By the way, if you wonder why Multan is there again after I annexed them: I had to return TWO Panjabi provinces to Multan to be able to culture shift.

The combined development of Panjabi culture was too great to culture shift, so I handed crappy provinces back until the decision popped up.

I don't even want to begin discussing HOW this culture shift mechanic works, as it is VERY opaque :rolleyes:

WSgN5yi.jpg

Boy, the Ottomans sure bashed Russia in this league war. Protestants are victorious, and Russia cedes load of terrain to Ottomans o_O

PRJIFus.jpg

This was the league war, by the way.

JaV0Rcq.jpg

But... THIS was the goal of the chapter, and the war versus Jaunpur.

SAY HELLO TO THE MUGHAL EMPIRE, INDIA!

6qPr6lo.jpg

I will end this chapter with a diplomatic screenshot of the Mughals, their allies, and all the permanent claims they now have in entire India.

Our tribal government changed into the IQTA government, which is lot better.

Iqta allows to reform government into administrative monarchy at admin tech 12, without stab hit.

I also get more tax, and more income from vassals.

And take a LOOK at the national traditions for the Mughals.

-25% coring cost, +3 heathen tolerance, +25% religious unity (say GOODBYE to corruption from religious unity lower then 100... As planned). 5% discipline, -10% idea cost, and Mughals also can do decision for -6% tech cost if they hire theologian and have one hindu province when being Sunni.

One can wonder what I'm planning here.. Only press that spoiler button if you like theorycrafting eu4 mechanics.

You're lucky that they are going to change it in 1.18, mentioned in the last DD if you're interested.
And as Kagemin said, that combination of more RU + ignoring corruption was really clever :)!

I still get +0,50 corruption a year, overextension excluded...

Religious unity would only give me trouble if I finish integrating Bahmanis or Persia.
But since you folks are discussing the approach for corruption...

Mughal +25% RU certainly helps. NO corruption for heathen provinces any more.

The idea in the longterm is to integrate Bahmanis, use the Mughal decision to flip capital to Delhi (its in the screenshots) when its convenient to do so (why you think I released OUDH and stuff), culture back to Hindvi with that decision (which includes Panjabi culture in its group, Hindvi is basically Delhi culture), and then STATE up all eglible Bahmanis land. And state up entire Bengal trade node (well, the juicy stuff).

I *hope* to be looking at a situation where I can root out corruption at MAX slider before it goes above 50%, and still make dosh to invest in cloth manufacturies and plantations. The entire campaign will depend on this.

And to westernize and assign all state regions in 'bad' india state regions to the trade companies.

And to tech up diplo tech in 17xx at 30 bird mana a piece.

Or something like that. I am WAAAY ahead of myself here :oops:

Theorycrafting on using trade companies in India, while having capital in Delhi, made my head spin already. As is theorycrafting on circumnavigating corruption from start. Mughals do get that decision to flip capital to Delhi, and to become HINDVI (basically WEST ARYAN cultural union).

Basically, its about setting up an Indian cultured Mughal empire capable of rooting out corruption at max slider, while paying for buildings and industrialisation buildings and regular army non merc army with a fair proft margin. And to tech up at 30 bird mana for diplo tech in 17xx, after slowly rooting corruption to 0.

My idea is to set the cap for corruption at 50, because 50 corruption means +25% forced minimal autonomy, like hordes have. And let +25% autonomy be what ESTATE assigned provinces have. So, one can live with 50 corruption.

Higher, and you start to dwindle and spin into looming disaster o_O

I came to the conlusion that stating up trade centers (with capital in Delhi), and handing them to trading guild, is better then handing entire India to trade companies and keeping Uzbek as main culture. Am I right? Who knows :rolleyes:

I *can* steer trade from Indus trade node into Samarkand, though.

A player can go MAD at theorycrafting about this.

Small wonder I don't want to include this theorycrafting in the chapters, unless folks want to read this..

But, call it gut feeling. Plan sounds feasible.

A7phkM3.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Last edited:
Silly Mughal ideas allowing everyone to get good ideas for expansion. :p
And I gotta say, I really like your screw corruption approach. :D

I don't even want to begin discussing HOW this culture shift mechanic works, as it is VERY opaque :rolleyes:
You're lucky that they are going to change it in 1.18, mentioned in the last DD if you're interested.
And as Kagemin said, that combination of more RU + ignoring corruption was really clever :)!

I still get +0,50 corruption a year, overextension excluded...

Religious unity would only give me trouble if I finish integrating Bahmanis or Persia.

But since you folks are discussing the approach for corruption...

Mughal +25% RU certainly helps. NO corruption for heathen provinces any more.

The idea in the longterm is to integrate Bahmanis, use the Mughal decision to flip capital to Delhi (its in the screenshots) when its convenient to do so (why you think I released OUDH and stuff), culture back to Hindvi with that decision (which includes Panjabi culture in its group, Hindvi is basically Delhi culture), and then STATE up all eglible Bahmanis land. And state up entire Bengal trade node (well, the juicy stuff).

I *hope* to be looking at a situation where I can root out corruption at MAX slider before it goes above 50%, and still make dosh to invest in cloth manufacturies and plantations. The entire campaign will depend on this.

And to westernize and assign all state regions in 'bad' india state regions to the trade companies.

And to tech up diplo tech in 17xx at 30 bird mana a piece.

Or something like that. I am WAAAY ahead of myself here.

Theorycrafting on using trade companies in India, while having capital in Delhi, made my head spin already. As is theorycrafting on circumnavigating corruption from start. Mughals do get that decision to flip capital to Delhi, and to become HINDVI (basically WEST ARYAN cultural union).

Basically, its about setting up an Indian cultured Mughal empire capable of rooting out corruption at max slider, while paying for buildings and industrialisation buildings and regular army non merc army with a fair proft margin. And to tech up at 30 bird mana for diplo tech in 17xx, after slowly rooting corruption to 0.

My idea is to set the cap for corruption at 50, because 50 corruption means +25% forced minimal autonomy, like hordes have. And let +25% autonomy be what ESTATE assigned provinces have. So, one can live with 50 corruption.

Higher, and you start to dwindle and spin into looming disaster o_O

I came to the conlusion that stating up trade centers (with capital in Delhi), and handing them to trading guild, is better then handing entire India to trade companies and keeping Uzbek as main culture. Am I right? Who knows.

I *can* steer trade from Indus trade node into Samarkand, though.

A player can go MAD at theorycrafting about this.

Small wonder I don't want to include this theorycrafting in the chapters.

But, call it gut feeling. Plan sounds feasible.

Feel free to comment, as I honestly dont have clue if this will work :oops:

Last edited:
Trade income is one of the best ways to mitigate high ticking corruption since you can pull a lot of trade income out of high autonomy land. For this reason I like trade companies / protectorate spamming a lot.

Trade income is one of the best ways to mitigate high ticking corruption since you can pull a lot of trade income out of high autonomy land. For this reason I like trade companies / protectorate spamming a lot.

Yeah, but I get the feeling that stating all 3x+ development states in india with capital in Delhi, especially trade center states and states consisting of 3-4 15+ development provinces, is better then keeping capital in Samarkand and keeping Uzbek culture. I think.

And protectorate spamming just isn't in my book. Call me inefficient ;). But you are talking outside India right..

Maybe I should reconsider I guess. If i protectorate spam everything after westernizing, and take diplomatic, I can still revoke protectorates late game at will if I want..

ARGH now i'm theorycrafting even more :)

Chapter 7: The blingbling of MING

WctnlXW.jpg

Ah India. India is MINE :mad:

eJbzgBK.jpg

"Hi Vinegar! Did you hear? India is MINE!"

nUHqPKk.jpg

"Oh, and your nice coats are MINE too. I think I'll drape my field tents with them. How the HECK did you find 19k pelts like that? Breeding program? Cloning tubes?"

"Who cares.. MINE!"

*STOMP*

cUPwSGf.jpg

"Where is my attack dog?!"

"Oh... right."

"Well, guess we fight these battles ourselves from now on then :oops:"

pFDre92.jpg

Having Jaunpur as attack dog sure made it easier to beat Vinegar in the past o_O

I actually got to play manoeuver game again now :rolleyes:

MfH8x56.jpg

Can do, though :cool:

IBSC3eb.jpg

It actually makes this a lot more fun :p

UyrcFPo.jpg

Heehee, outmanoeuvred you again :D

AZM2CT4.jpg

BYE Vinegar :rolleyes:

Time to switch tactics, as most forts round here are occupied now..

nMxmQsD.jpg

Let's go on the offensive route now :mad:

p3aEIf0.jpg

Vinegar got routed in Tanjore, and fled to Kurnool. The empire did a hot pursuit and..

*WIPE*

And War won, obviously ;)

IG6n8CH.jpg

Meanwhile, the LAST province of the corridor to Spain had finished coring. Gee, that took a wee while o_O

The Mughals start to westernize in 1594!

I got admin tech 9, dip tech 3 and military tech 14. And silly high corruption. But who cares, we won't tech up or take ideas.

I did START to root out corruption though, as I set myself the LIMIT of having 50 corruption. MORE, and its gets silly. 50 corruption also means +25% autonomy everywhere, which is the amount all state provinces have, due to assignment to estates. Can't let it go higher, or I suffer.

SFrY7bg.jpg

Malwa is fighting KACHAR blob now. They were weakened afer a fight, and well... This is too good to pass up ;)

vJYFfFI.jpg

Let us make peace with Vinegar, before we engage Malwa.

9xBaddb.jpg

Bahmanis lost its border gore, and they got most of their old cores back now.

You may wonder: why do I vassal feed Bahmanis so much if I got claims on all that terrain?

Because corruption increases coring costs. So I'm looking at +50% coring costs everywhere o_O

And integrating Bahmanis will give me STATE cores.

Important tip: The "screw corruption" approach needs serious vassal feeding, and integration. The idea is to vassal feed/integrate what you want to make STATES of later on.

I got no clue if integration cost for vassals gets increased by corruption, but even if it does, I rather pay diplo points then admin points for state cores, if I can. Feedback appreciated.

Bahmanis is currently at 40% integration progress.

I will keep the admin coring for nations like Jaunpur ;)

Anyways, time to attack MALWA now.

9T3PwSP.jpg

FIRE!!

lfrZAhR.jpg

No wipe though. Oh well.

The Ulema seize power, after an unfortunate combination of two events pushed their influence to 80+% :(

At least no other disasters like peasant war, internal conflicts and whatnot can trigger now during my westernization.

Ulema in power means more tech cost and idea cost, and -2 heathen tolerance.

I don't tech up, I don't take ideas, and I convert all heathens.

Maybe the timing of this isn't half bad ;)

Q8KfUfY.jpg

I managed to occupy entire Malwa, and to wipe their battered army.

F5Em1xf.jpg

MING. Yeah, MING.

What about them?

Well, one thing occured to me after westernizing started.

I got a free diplo slot, and another after Bahmanis will integrate.

Once westernization completes, I can NOT diplo vassalise or force vassalise ANYTHING in Asia, unless they are a horde.

MING has been in an endless chain of bankruptcies, and they lost more and more and MORE terrain. They are at 140% warscore to annex now.

HMMM.

Ming as a vassal.

HMMM.

High corruption needs vassal feeding I said.

HMMM.

Ok, MING, we'll meddle in China. Especially for you :p

Why now?

Wu is being stomped by blobbing Korea and Buryatia. They won't protect Ming (Wu had guarantee on Ming), so it is now or never.

HW4MQOp.jpg

I teched up to admin 10, and took religious idea group (without investing in it). That paid off, as the first idea group event I get after it, is a religious +1 stab event.

Ming actually has capital on the island south of Leichow.

I can't reach them. I got no fleet. Why bother with a fleet if your dip tech is THREE.

I did manage to occupy ENTIRE Ming, except for its capital.

PAhN2xk.jpg

Ming was 140% to annex. I released some nations inside them, and now its 81%.

And their development is now BELOW 100.

There is something hilarious on this screenshot regarding MING.

Can you see what?

Ming has army tech FIVE. In 1600. FIVE o_O

Bankruptcy chain for the win. If I ever manage to vassalise Ming, then their rebels will be *HILARIOUSLY* weak.

X64PN4E.jpg

I attacked Malwa with conquest cb, and I will core what I took. Got to SPEND these admin points on ANYTHING but tech and idea groups, right?

Corruption can go to hell :mad:

Note that I took EVERY province in the juicy states of Malwa and Gondwana here. Those two combined got 100+ development.

I'll say it again folks, use STATE mapmode to decide what provinces you will take in a war.

It's always good to ask for entire states at once, and to go for the juiciest states that have 30-50 development.

tLcAiMg.jpg

Afghanistan FINALLY broke away from the Timurids. I had been trying to export my rebels to them for decades, to let this happen.

Speaking of rebels: In these decades I heavily focussed on REBELS, as each rebel that *COULD* spawn, DID spawn thanks to the +5 unrest from westernization.

I asked Ayutthaya to help in a war versus KACHAR, simply to get them IN a war. If they are in the war, they will actively engage my rebels also.

And that helped. I did not lift a single finger towards Kachar, and they got fully occupied in the end o_O

Last edited:
Reactions:
jQnZdcC.jpg

WOMEN IN HISTORY dlc events. Got to love them :)

The Mughals got quite a lot of these events.

This one is about Nur Jahan.

I made her a statesman advisor, as it would speed up the integration of Bahmanis.

I had been running with estate +3 theologian(or inquisitor)/+3 diplomat from estates since forever, but I used the +2 female Nur Jahan advisor for Bahmanis.

This event option also gives 100 monarch points in each category, which isn't to be scoffed at.

The alternative is to make Nur Jahan your new 20 year old female ruler. I clicked this event away fast, thinking 'YAY FREE monarch points'

Regretting it, after looking up what stats the queen empress had in the event files o_O

She would have been a 5/5/4 stat empress, and I almost slapped myself for passing up on a 20 year old 5/5/4 queen :mad:

And a female empress that likes to hunt tigers, and rides war elephants into battle, might have been the better choice for story in this AAR also :oops:

Well, what is done, is done :(

I was pre-occupied with rebels, and gave the event options little thought :oops:

VLJ80oR.jpg

rebels... REBELS!

OH MY GOD REBELS!

dJRLdh5.jpg

Ayutthaya won the war against Kachar, and call for peace is close. Time to take what is rightfully MINE.

qWeUN2V.jpg

I handed it all to Bahmanis, as my admin points were low.

And I *REALLY* didn't want more revolt risk due to overextension. NOT now.

God knows coring Malwa state territory increased revolt chance by a load :oops:

AGS3X43.jpg

I had almost forgotten about MING to be honest. Stupid rebels. Kept me too busy :mad:

Ming will ACCEPT diplo vassalisation??? OOOKKKAYYY, I'll try to do THAT then. Got to be quick about it, as I must do this BEFORE westernisation finishes!

Ming has 7/9/5 tech. Right :rolleyes:

elmD9ud.jpg

Ming needs some loving, but first I'll declare on Jaunpur again... Ottomans are in serious debt after the league war, and still won't protect them due to debt.

I made Timurids full co-belligerent.

1FfiejP.jpg

They really are a joke now..

9Gyi0CK.jpg

Time to move southeast to Jaunpur now. They are actually on the prowl here, and Jaunpur tries to snipe my stack in the mountain pass.. I sent reinforcements from Kashmir.

rx36JEO.jpg

They almost routed me there, those reinforcements arrived just in time to rout THEM instead.

DN2ZxSm.jpg

I chased that routing stack, and consolidated troops right before engaging it.

*WIPE*

S5PO0Uq.jpg

I parked my troops on ONE of their forts and some artillery (with entire Bahmanis army attached) on their mountain fort.

Full province forcelimit sieging is really needed versus a quantity nation on very hard. Especially if they got one more morale then you.

Yeah, I still wasn't able to tech to military 15... Tech costs are RIDICULOUS now due to corruption, comparable to native American tribe tech costs :rolleyes:

And RNGezus loves the Mughals, as I get the 'profits in Mecca' event. +5 free mercantilism. FIVE!

That, combined with the mercantilism events I now get, is pushing up mercantilism to a nice level. For free.

(Note that you can get this 'profits in Mecca' each two years, so to speak. Its a generic event)

KSklYRP.jpg

Jaunpur just doesn't STOP. I am sieging their capital, and they ATTACK.

The moment they were movement locked, I made mercenaries in ALL nearby provinces, and threw them in. And I routed them once more ;)

19WrEzN.jpg

Jaunpur now went for the capital of Persia. They had enough. Be my guest, I'll siege you up 100% then :rolleyes:

U8ARUGB.jpg

Timurids got full annexed, and went up in Persia. Persia is WESTERNIZING off Russia now. They ALSO got a ton of rebels.

Great o_O

Mughals took Kashmir for themselves. Time to get rid of all these enclaves on MY India.

YVrFIAY.jpg

So I attacked Oudh. MY India! MY Juicy state :mad:

Jharkand broke free of Malwa, and they received a DOW too. Because why not.

Asv5HLK.jpg

The Mughals took the capital state of Jaunpur, and the juicy state of Tirhut.

Oudh just gave me war reparations and all their dosh (500 ducats or so). I don't have to points to core you at the moment :oops:

Szp3mcr.jpg

Right after, the Mughals took the decision to move the capital to DELHI.

It is a national decision for the Mughals, and it makes Mughals the true Indian Empire, as their culture is once again shifted to HINDVI. Hindvi is in same culture group as Panjabi.

So, basically entire former Delhi and Multan and Oudh is in my culture group.

I then cursed, realizing I should have cored OUDH and not Jaunpur. Oh well.

The truce with Oudh won't last long.

And I really wanted to KILL Jaunpur. Quantity + very hard in AI nation= BAD to fight against :confused:

F2j0OFQ.jpg

UGH westernization events. One campaign you get -legitimacy constantly, another gives you 6 times -1 stab, and here I get constant nobles, and peasants, and reactionaries. Peasant event isn't that bad, as it just gives increased revolt risk in ONE province. Big deal :rolleyes:

Anyways, it's always nice if you can move troops to the province where the event rebels will spawn, BEFORE accepting the event.

Note that the capital move to DELHI made me LOSE Spain as a rival.

Seems I must be big indeed o_O

JE9OZoZ.jpg

I almost forgot entirely about MING :oops:

Guess what: The Mughal Empire diplo-vassalised MING.

I border them, and I had to 'return province' a few of the cores I owned of them, and VOILA.

KGybhWr.jpg

The nations that rebelled out of Ming stole most of the blingbling MING had.

But Ming kept most of their blingbling cores..

Somehow I foresee some serious reconquest action in China ;)

First victim is WU.

They have no allies and few manpower thanks to KOREA invasion. I send my (new) attack dog Ayutthaya their way with favor spending. No worries, I'll come to help when I can :confused:

n9MZwZF.jpg

But first, time to deal with rebels in Persia. Already a few nations broke away from Persia. They kept all their cores though. So, time for some easy reconquest wars while we finish westernizing.

Persia is actually on the verge of bankruptcy here, thanks to westernizing and rebels..

But, their overlord helps them out ;)

HPVkDgt.jpg

Hmm, Afghanistan is on the way to WU.

So hey, why not.

JxktzXr.jpg

Hmm, Multan is on the way to WU.

So hey, why not.

They both got full annexed in the end :)

And then Ottomans goes for Russia again. Sure, why not. I'll accept to join. Don't expect another covert op into Muscow though..

Bit BUSY here :mad:

Hmm, SPAIN joins the war? Yeah, Spain took Russia as ally, after a militaristic ruler in Great-Britain broke alliance with Spain.

N9IJhc5.jpg

And then... the Mughal Empire FINISHED the westernization process.

Got Ming as vassal JUST in time, so it seems o_O

I foresee some serious Ming reconquest in next chapter.. I need that stolen Ming blingbling back :mad:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Last edited:
Reactions:
And a female empress that likes to hunt tigers, and rides war elephants into battle, might have been the better choice for story in this AAR also :oops:
That's sad to hear, but you can always use a male emperor who hunts tigers and such things.

(Note that you can get this 'profits in Mecca' each two years, so to speak. Its a generic event)
That's a stab right into my heart you know ;).

The moment they were movement locked, I made mercenaries in ALL nearby provinces, and threw them in.
I thought mercenaries were removed and replaced with condotieri if you own MN? Did they leave them in the game and is condotieri an extra option?

Also, did you use another extra mod for your terrain? It looks even more beautiful than it already is!

fifty percent corruption, you're practically an indian tech group country that can make trade companies and gets much better neighbor bonus lol

I thought mercenaries were removed and replaced with condotieri if you own MN? Did they leave them in the game and is condotieri an extra option?
yes, since condotierri are only obtainable if other nations offer them to you

Also, did you use another extra mod for your terrain? It looks even more beautiful than it already is!

About condottieri: they are extra mechanism. The AI even offers them for FREE sometimes if you declare war on THEIR enemies/rivals. Free soldiers are always good. But I never pay for them, as you got no control over them. I didn't try renting OUT condottieri yet. Maybe a nation with quantity (like me) can do that at some point, if manpower pool is nearing max.

About terrain: only the previous chapter had the 'enhanced graphics' turned off, cause I reverted back to my old desktop and CRT monitor, and forgot to install it until I started playing for the new chapter. Maybe it looks BETTER because I am enforcing anti-aliasing and anistoptric filtering (without fxaa though, that gives flickering) and negative lod Bias and whatnot on the client, while using 1080p resolution. Glad you like it. I'll keep using it then ;)

Condottieri are pretty much the same thing as volunteers in HoI4: you rent them out, you get money for them and retain full control over their actions.
Mercenaries are still in the game, still quick to train but expensive to maintain.