• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What do the traits do?
they give prestige(.5 per month), vassal opinion boost (though only a slight one, around +5), an increase to martial (+1), and an increase to personal fighting skill (+2), though, I suppose you could make them do whatever you want, they are also used to basically insta kill certain people you get in a duel with, though thats a minor feature at best.

they give prestige(.5 per month), vassal opinion boost (though only a slight one, around +5), an increase to martial (+1), and an increase to personal fighting skill (+2), though, I suppose you could make them do whatever you want, they are also used to basically insta kill certain people you get in a duel with, though thats a minor feature at best.
Interesting, I'll do something similar later on. Although do note, holy tomes/ spells passed through bloodlines will be much more powerful than divine weapons then

Also Dev Diary likely tomorrow, Sunday at worst

Interesting, I'll do something similar later on. Although do note, holy tomes/ spells passed through bloodlines will be much more powerful than divine weapons then

Also Dev Diary likely tomorrow, Sunday at worst
Mmm, whatever you decide is for the best, I am simply a humble player of both Fire Emblem and Crusader Kings, here to help if necessary.

Dev Diary 7: Magvel Part 1
69A5AB71A354E456576A97DA347B9B31CCF73662

3C9865B9A3E31F8E80C3738E2333A1740608EDC2

265D521DF3CABA3AC1D91DB72168CE8363761D88

Thanks to tsf4 as always for makng up names for provinces, it really speeds up the process
Magvel without the island provinces is about 130 provinces large​

Reactions:
Dev Diary 7: Magvel Part 1
69A5AB71A354E456576A97DA347B9B31CCF73662

3C9865B9A3E31F8E80C3738E2333A1740608EDC2

265D521DF3CABA3AC1D91DB72168CE8363761D88

Thanks to tsf4 as always for makng up names for provinces, it really speeds up the process
Magvel without the island provinces is about 130 provinces large​
How nice, good job you guys, it looks very good, also, 130 provinces, quite large, then again it is a continent all its own, so I suppose it makes sense that ts so vast. Still though, excellent job!

It's look very good, but if I can make a suggestion for the map, I think that the mountain between Carcino and Rausten have to be unreachable; because it's like these mountains are here to hide the temple of Fomortiis. :) So, I will wrote some idea more precisely on Magvel today: religions, monsters, and some others thinks for the humans kingdom/republic/theocracy. :D

It's look very good, but if I can make a suggestion for the map, I think that the mountain between Carcino and Rausten have to be unreachable; because it's like these mountains are here to hide the temple of Fomortiis. :) So, I will wrote some idea more precisely on Magvel today: religions, monsters, and some others thinks for the humans kingdom/republic/theocracy. :D
Yes, that is true, the mountain rang is supposed to be Impassable. State religion seems to be pretty straight forward, they appear to worship the holy warriors that created the nations, which is why they are called holy warriors and their weapons are holy weapons, so I suppose each country would have a different religion, devoted to whichever Hero they worshiped, though they can intermarry with the other "hero-religions". This does raise an interesting thing though, only Two of the Hero's names are ever told to us, Grado from....well if you can't figure that one out then gods help you, and Latona of Rausten, leaving three heros names lost, though Valni seems to be a weird name to give a Tower (I'm looking at you Frelia). Carcino is an interesting issue, but perhaps each one of the Patricians worship a different Hero?

Yes, that is true, the mountain rang is supposed to be Impassable. State religion seems to be pretty straight forward, they appear to worship the holy warriors that created the nations, which is why they are called holy warriors and their weapons are holy weapons, so I suppose each country would have a different religion, devoted to whichever Hero they worshiped, though they can intermarry with the other "hero-religions". This does raise an interesting thing though, only Two of the Hero's names are ever told to us, Grado from....well if you can't figure that one out then gods help you, and Latona of Rausten, leaving three heros names lost, though Valni seems to be a weird name to give a Tower (I'm looking at you Frelia). Carcino is an interesting issue, but perhaps each one of the Patricians worship a different Hero?
Hm.. For the religions of the heroes, i'm agree with you, we can at the beginning split the faith, The cult of Grado leads by the Grado's Emperor, the Cult of Latona leads by the Divine Emperor of Rausten. The problem is for the the three others heroes, so we can make a cult of "the trinities heroes", who don't have religious leader at the beginning.
But my other idea, or the reformed versions of these religions if a Divine Emperor or the Grado's Emperor rule a great part of Magvel, is to make a "Cult of the Five Heroes" who will work like indian's religion in vanilla, A ruler will have the choice to choose between one of the five heroes, and have a trait "Cult of Grado/Latona/etc.", but the (divine) emperors of Grado and Rausten will have to choose the hero of there country if they don't want to have serious problems. :) But we will need to imagine names for the three others heroes in all the case :D

Hm.. For the religions of the heroes, i'm agree with you, we can at the beginning split the faith, The cult of Grado leads by the Grado's Emperor, the Cult of Latona leads by the Divine Emperor of Rausten. The problem is for the the three others heroes, so we can make a cult of "the trinities heroes", who don't have religious leader at the beginning.
But my other idea, or the reformed versions of these religions if a Divine Emperor or the Grado's Emperor rule a great part of Magvel, is to make a "Cult of the Five Heroes" who will work like indian's religion in vanilla, A ruler will have the choice to choose between one of the five heroes, and have a trait "Cult of Grado/Latona/etc.", but the (divine) emperors of Grado and Rausten will have to choose the hero of there country if they don't want to have serious problems. :) But we will need to imagine names for the three others heroes in all the case :D
Hmm, I would suggest Valni for Frelia's hero's name, as its in the game and is pretty badass for a name, the other two though......Jehenna is a sort of Egyptian type of nation, filled with sand, cut-throats, oasis', and Paramids , so perhaps some sort of Egyptian name, such as Nephthys or Nenet. And for Renais, something French or English would most likely do the trick, like Richard or Louis.

And here my ideas for the monsters ( http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=824593magivalg.jpg I make some idea of places where the monsters can lives)
For the Beginning, the Tarvos (aka the centaur ):
In my opinion, the Tarvos will lives in the east of jehanna, a semi-desertic regions near to Lagdou ruins, a forgotten great city/temple at the glory of Fomortiis who became a ruin. The Centaur will be leads by a great Khan (we can imagine that there are nomad or tribal) and Follows the cult of Fomortiis (I will talk about this later). The Centaur can have children like humans and also have child with a human... But you doesn't want to know how o_O (Also a child from a inter-species marriage will have the trait "half-centaur" with some bonus but also a malus of opinions). It's a monster's species who can became a great enemy for humanity... Or a great friend if they abandon there unholy faith. They have the life expectancy of humans. A great Tarvos warlord will have the trait "Malduin" who gives him some bonus
The Gorgons:
The gorgons will lives in the Mt. Neleras and some little forest between Jehanna and Rausten. They will have access to dark magic and to have descendant, they will have the possibility to "spawn an egg" One time per year, and in fact it's decision will spawn a gorgon's daughter. And the gorgons will have the possibility to petrified there prisoners. Also gorgons have a short life, but they can make human's sacrifice to change that :cool:
The Cyclops:
Cyclops are "bless" with a very long life, for centuary and centuary, and a great strength but not a great mind... And they are only represented by some little tribes in the dark forest of the east of Rausten. No one know how Cyclops procreates but cyclop's warchief adopt some of them soldiers in there "dynasties". They can also eat humans if they take prisoners. And no one want to face a Cyclops on the battlefield.
The Bael:
By the chapter 6 of FE8, we know that some bael lives in the south forest between Grado and Renais, so this places can be a great nest of Baels.Also, Baels have a very long life and like the gorgon they can spawn some little creepy spiders (but only one time per ten years), and eat prisoners. I think that Bael and Cyclops needs also special units to truly represent them.
The Moggal:
Nothing new, dark magic like Gorgons and they will have the possibility to spawn a new comrade with the sacrifice of a filthy human. :D They will lives in the little Island near to Grado. And a Moggal who makes many sacrifice and enhanced his magic power can become an Arch Mogall. A powerful magic creatures
The Gargoyle:
They will live on the others island, and will have the possibility to adopt others gargoyle in there dynasties, because Gargoyle don't procreate, they are basically stone. :D
A strong Gargoyle came become a Deathgoyle

And for Fomortiis, his cult and some others features I will need more times :D

Hmm, I would suggest Valni for Frelia's hero's name, as its in the game and is pretty badass for a name, the other two though......Jehenna is a sort of Egyptian type of nation, filled with sand, cut-throats, oasis', and Paramids , so perhaps some sort of Egyptian name, such as Nephthys or Nenet. And for Renais, something French or English would most likely do the trick, like Richard or Louis.
I'm agree for Valni and the egyptian's one. And for Renais we can use the name of Mérovée/Merowig/Merovech (I don't which version of the name will suit better), the legendary first king of the Merovingian ;)

Oh, so it will be Merovech ;) And for the hero of Jehanna, i make some little research on Queen of Ancient Egypt (I think that we can imagine that Latona is not the only woman in the five heroes) and I took some names who will suit for an hero: Ahmès, Amastris, Araty, Atossa, Iset, Kiya, Lamia.
Personally, I have a preference for Atossa :D

The only Fire Emblem games I ever played were Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn but I loved them and am looking forward to playing those nations in this mod :)

Oh, so it will be Merovech ;) And for the hero of Jehanna, i make some little research on Queen of Ancient Egypt (I think that we can imagine that Latona is not the only woman in the five heroes) and I took some names who will suit for an hero: Ahmès, Amastris, Araty, Atossa, Iset, Kiya, Lamia.
Personally, I have a preference for Atossa :D
I like Amastris, but these are all suggestions, it ultimately lies with the modders whether they want to use them or not, though I do hope they use a suggestion or to, if only to inflate my own ego a bit that one of my ideas was used in the mod.

I like Amastris, but these are all suggestions, it ultimately lies with the modders whether they want to use them or not, though I do hope they use a suggestion or to, if only to inflate my own ego a bit that one of my ideas was used in the mod.
Of course! ;) And the more we can help with ideas, the less the modders will have to search some ideas of features. Also, tonight I will wrote something on the cult of Fomortiis, the summoners and "The Light knights" of Rausten :cool:

Yea ;) For the names, it's from the "Light Brand" (A very rare sword who used light magic) that the knight who protected the Divine Emperor gives to Eirika and Ephraim at the end of the Chapter 19 if more than 4 of them are alive :D
Ahhh, I never got it from the knights, for those idiots rush head first into the first enemy they see, despite being sorely under-leveled.