• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you? I thought the game doesn't restrict the use of „obsolete“ mods anymore.

heh, it said 'this mod is obsolete blah blah' in launcher, I thought the game wouldn't work if I didn't edit it.

Seems I'm wrong then.

edit: tried it out, and indeed its not needed to notepad ++.

heh, it said 'this mod is obsolete blah blah' in launcher, I thought the game wouldn't work if I didn't edit it.
Seems I'm wrong then.
Yes, it still warns you, but it won't block you anymore. That was a nice change.

nH7fkMW.jpg

@Tom D. this is how the terrain looks like world wide, zoomed out, if you use the 'enhanced graphics' mod.

Note that I also enforce antialiasing, and all other 'enforcable' options in graphic card program, except for antialiasing FXAA. Forcing this makes screen flicker for me ingame.

nH7fkMW.jpg

@Tom D. this is how the terrain looks like world wide, zoomed out, if you use the 'enhanced graphics' mod.

Note that I also enforce antialiasing, and all other 'enforcable' options in graphic card program, except for antialiasing FXAA. Forcing this makes screen flicker for me ingame.
It looks gorgeous, but did you also delete the terrain.bmp file in the mod? If you don't do it ironman is disabled.

Oh right, forgot to mention that. it does say that on the steam workshop page, I'll edit the mod list and comments.

In other news: next chapter will be up in few hours.

iirc countries with disconnected land will get absolutely massive want your provinces relation hits for the connecting land, I'm surprised you didnt get that when Ottomans took that chunk out of Mamluks

iirc countries with disconnected land will get absolutely massive want your provinces relation hits for the connecting land, I'm surprised you didnt get that when Ottomans took that chunk out of Mamluks

Let's just say the relation with the Ottomans went under 100, even with +100 relation bonus.

That was with militaristic ruler in the Ottomans. I only took 'yellow' flagged land..

Taking their flagged vital territory (aka Qahirah) would have broken the Alliance in a whim, I think.

But YEAH, its is why I said "NOT GOOD" in the last chapter when they did that...

Chapter 5: LITTLE PIG LITTLE PIG LET-ME-IN!

jM64aHJ.jpg

Let's start this chapter with an easy war. Kham and Sarig Yogir get attacked.

LXocmsh.jpg

What can I say? Most of their land is given to my vassal Chagatai. Hormuz and Chagatai are integrating, by the way ;)

wN1y7Ri.jpg

The REAL target for this chapter is INDIA.

The situation: Malwa and Vinegar are allies, and Malwa is allied to Bengal also o_O

The idea is to break that alliance block.

Koch is GUARANTEED by Bengal, and I do NOT make them full co-belligerent.

I call in my attack dog Jaunpur :mad:

3qlCNlv.jpg

I attacked NOW, because Malwa is attacking Orissa, with the help of Bengal and Vinegar. Another war is always a diversion for the AI :cool:

Bengal is movement locked into that big stack of Jaunpur...

And Jangladesh? We siege and loot their capital :D

Koch, our attack target, is in another war with Kachar to the east. Got to love a big mess :)

jTZqjgJ.jpg

Vassal Persia is set in siege mode, and ordered to siege down fort in Koch. AI actually obeys such commands in province window SWIFTLY now.

Important tip: do NOT set subjects to 'supportive' mode if they have rebels in their nation. AI subject on supportive will completely negate rebels in their land. They won't even use 1k stack to resiege occupied provinces.. That can be good, or bad. But take into consideration.

Anyways, our attack dog is helping out our vassal Chagatai here, and Koch will be stomped in that fight also.

This is zoomed in example of the 'enhanced graphics' mod.

All in all, the result my various graphic mods give now is gorgeous, don't you agree? Only downside is that on max zoom, the new terrain gets a little pixelated. But can't have it all, I guess :rolleyes:

SiJbZTt.jpg

The capital of Bengal falls, but their war enthousiasm is still high. Let's siege their other forts also then :mad:

xrHh9NT.jpg

Bengal gets baited to attack on their capital province.

cX1uX4C.jpg

That softened them up to accept annul alliance and 'gimme dosh' peace deal ;)

8i6vhgJ.jpg

Koch accepts peace, and our buddy Jaunpur is rewarded with a few provinces. But what is important here, is that Jangladesh BORDERS Bengal now, which was the goal of this war from the start.

Jangladesh can now claim the province of Nasirabad. Soon we will have a CB on Bengal!

WK3X3mD.jpg

The map in Europe revealed :eek:

Muscovy is a super blob, that ate Lithuania, Golden horde, and most of the orthodox land near the Black Sea.

Teutonic order stomped Poland. England ate a good part of France. Austria got Burgundian inheritance. Bohemia blobs, UGH.

aMtfs51.jpg

@bbqftw : *GULP* @ Muscovy army.. This is Muscovy who isn't even at full strength after expansion wars.. Austria is 20 over its forcelimit already and happy about it :rolleyes:

The good news: Ottomans took QUANTITY and HUMANISM idea groups. Muscovy took defensive and religious.

WHO will you bet on folks :confused:

Castile and England both took exploration and expansion. I guess that is GOOD. France and Portugal are colonising also.

Jaunpur took QUANTITY. Vinegar took espionage. Err right.

AI with quantity idea group on very hard= trouble (enemy)/blessing (ally)...

Imagine Muscovy with quantity here...

oCeGxup.jpg

Muscovy is going for the two provinces I left them in Nogai. I declare also, hoping Nogai would be in the west. Well, NOT :rolleyes:

lmSUui2.jpg

All in all, easy war :p

pEDNW32.jpg

Jangladesh takes the entire state of Khazakstan, 7 provinces worth 47 development.

6VeolSt.jpg

Meanwhile, Vinegar exhausted its manpower pool on an all-out war versus Bahmanis. Bahmanis is an OPM now.

Hmmmmmm.....

Time for WAR :mad:

This will be the hardest war so far in the campaign o_O

The FIRST war against a major blob, or alliance block, is ALWAYS the hardest :confused:

I will take it slow here, and try not to mess up. Jaunpur and Gujarat help out, and together we try to BREAK India :mad:

8aPGpJA.jpg

Rudimentary battle plan: occupy capital of Malwa ASAP, while trying to siege the forts that protect the road to the capital of Vinegar.

The ai disagreed...

I must say, this war was a manoeuvring CHALLENGE. The AI is now LOT better at it. Stacks join in joint attack, sieges get abandoned if they are vulnerable to attack, and AI does no stupid stuff anymore.

Some folks might report otherwise in 1.17, but that must be due to bugs..

In my opinion, the ai is now LOT better at waging war :confused:

I got no clue if the 'very hard' difficulty has any direct influence on the ai behaviour of shuffling troops... But it does look that way.

They attack me CONSTANTLY :eek:

So I adapt, and play a defensive strategy, with surprise attacks on isolated stacks.

4VKAIBz.jpg

That worked well. But... They will be back. In FORCE :confused:

upD5yXk.jpg

I moved the stacks in Malwa around, one province at a time. Vinegar and Malwa are invading GUJARAT now.

A small Malwa stack tries to move into Mahadeo, and I outmanoeuver it!

I1KvB2H.jpg

After they sieged down the capital of Gujarat, The AI said 'enough is enough' :mad:

They attack my siege stack on Rewa Kantha. I throw in all I got. Jaunpur is movement locked to join the battle also.

This is TENSE o_O

j2wgciS.jpg

I think EVERY stack in the entire war joined that fight in the end :confused:

This is one of those battles that MAKES or BREAKS a war :eek:

I went to speed one, and watched.. Not sure if I was horrified, or fascinated o_O

This battle lasted a LONG while. Almost 3-4 months...

Guess what? We are WINNING! Could have turned out entirely different though :oops:

If they had attacked in plains, with wider combat width, we would have LOST.

Rewa Kantha is considered as HILLS, and that saved my ass here.

Or, maybe I would have WON faster if it had been plains.

Now the AI had the time to throw it all in.

WHO KNOWS :rolleyes:

YicWlzI.jpg

What I can say for sure: WE WON ;)

We even managed to break their front line, and they took artillery casualties at some point.

We did NOT. Both sides of the war lost 30+k troops though :eek:

lMg7SCl.jpg

I now switched tactics. Time for an offensive push towards the capital of Vinegar.

The Vinegar fort near Malwa capital fell, and now Jangladesh is sieging the fort in Raichur Doab. This is the fort that protects their capital!

I placed the stacks with allies attached in the provinces NEAR it, and shouted

"YOUR MOVE!"

...and cursed right after, when they attacked in FORCE.

f6IGIA2.jpg

HOLD THE LINE!!!

WujzpK6.jpg

HOOOOLD!!!!

We got this!

aOfh0yS.jpg

Good grief, VERY HARD difficulty is TENSE to play in o_O

The road to their capital seems secured, as our siege is at 14%!

1hNrT3X.jpg

1k Stacks of Jangladesh occupy all unprotected provinces. Their capital is being sieged.

But HEEEERE THEY COME AGAIN!

My front line was collapsing here, those reinforcements need to come QUICK!!!

I started making mercs in all nearby occupied provinces, and threw them in also.

TKn2KMk.jpg

HOLD THE LINE!

REINFORCEMENTS ARE COMING!

HOOOLLLD!!!

Last edited:
Reactions:
fR1yf8g.jpg

They arrived in time, but then..

They get good fire rolls :confused:

*GULP*

Uf6wAI0.jpg

Oh my god. if that had been 7-0 for them, I would have LOST probably..

This is TENSE.

KKS3Aft.jpg

We sent them packing once more :)

I think our alliance block took 120+k casualties already though :oops:

BUT we are WINNING :mad:

2Ubp2Ey.jpg

The capital of Gujarat had been occupied for a LONG while.

They accepted seperate peace, exhausted :(

Malwa cancelled the alliance between Gujarat and Jangladesh.

Oh well :(

http://movie-sounds.org/quotes/300/Brave-amateurs-they-do-their-part.mp3

Brave amateurs, those folks in Gujarat. They did their part.

One slight problem: the capital of Malwa is now again unoccupied...

But the capital of Vinegar FELL before they all came BACK in force.

5SRYraA.jpg

Vinegar came back in force. They are resieging their capital. Malabar and Malwa are advancing.

Time to make peace :oops:

Maybe you already guessed what I was trying to accomplish here, but this should give you a good idea ;)

1cJd1n9.jpg

Malwa wasn't backed by Vinegar anymore, and Jangladesh hunts them down now :mad:

gByjlI3.jpg

In the end, Jangladesh did THIS.

Guess three times who I will fabricate on, once my diplomat is free to do so ;)

I exhaled after this...

This was the hardest micromanaging war I had fought in a LONG while, comparable to the Naxos claim throne war versus the entire catholic league at once..

Very hard diffulty made this CRAZY, but then again, very hard is also making Jaunpur an unstoppable quantity attack dog :confused:

If Jaunpur hadn't taken quantity idea group, I probably wouldn't have had a shot at this :oops:

My buddy got two (crappy) cores back, and they were VERY happy they beat their rival Vinegar to PULP.

oU5loqB.jpg

"Hi Spain! It's me, Jangladesh."

"Say what? You hate our guts? But Castille was neutral towards us!"

"Oh right, you are SPAIN now huh. Big deal."

"Say what? I reek of fish? Go **** yourself, Spain!"

*Spain rivals Jangladesh*

*Spain allies Great Britain*

*Great Britain rivals Jangladesh*

"Errr....."

*GULP*

nnbOrE2.jpg

"Hi France! Yeah it's me, Jangladesh."

"Great Britain and Spain just said I reek of fish! It seems we got common rivals. Want to be my friend?"

"Say what? I am too far away? Fine, your loss.... Don't come begging when Great Britain and Spain invade you.."

NkmvOG6.jpg

Oh well. Europe can bugger off :rolleyes:

Time to cash in the reward of our previous war versus Bengal!

Jangladesh attacks Bengal with help of Jaunpur (I gain favours with Jaunpur faster then I can spend them looks like).

Jaunpur keeps them busy while Jangladesh goes for its claim in..

BAHMANIS!

A swift war made them our VASSAL, and they got cores over half Vinegar and Malwa o_O

YAY ;)

JggdLJt.jpg

"Hi Bengal! Yeah it's me, Jangladesh."

"Say what? I reek of fish? Well... YOU ARE A LITTLE PIG! AND YOU'LL SHARE THE FATE OF THE OTHER TWO!"

6Npirc.gif

"LITTLE PIG LITTLE PIG LET-ME-IN!!!"

li1XU8E.jpg

a2ixDV.gif

"HUFFING, PUFFING, BLOW YOUR HOUSE IN!"

Oz8d3hR.jpg

AAAH its rewarding when a long term plan comes to fruition :)

Bahmanis got all the land conquered in Malwa and Vinegar....

Jangladesh has now a port in the Bengal Delta....

Jangladesh has gained CULTURAL UNION and EMPIRE RANK....

Our old rival the Mamluks gets FULL ANNEXED....

And our rival Muscovy attacks our ally, the Ottomans o_O

Knock yourself out, Muscovy :rolleyes:

nGy8sJ5.jpg

"Hi Timurids! Yeah, it's me Jangladesh."

"Say what? I can't pass on your land to help the Ottomans out? But it's the shortest route!"

VGgjCT6.jpg

"Hi Muscovy! Yeah, it's me Jangladesh."

"Say what? Where did I come from? Well, the East. While you were in the WEST."

"By the way, you have delicious PIGEONS in your capital. Only those messages for help were showing BAD TASTE."

"Say what? I don't play by the rules? Don't worry, I'm leaving again! Have fun with the Ottomans."

"No? You will do a white peace? Awwwwww."

t25zwl6.jpg

Chagatai still had some cores in Mongolia (they kicked their overlord butt real good), but I suppose helping the Ottomans out was priority :confused:

Say goodbye to Chagatai folks :(

E6U69i5.jpg

Jangladesh is hopping on ;)

xgOafYc.jpg

Jangladesh takes all Uzbek culture land.

Some folks might already guess my long term goal here.

CJrbEGE.jpg

The sultan of Jangladesh had moved his court to Samarkand.

He now declared Samarkand the new CAPITAL of Jangladesh :eek:

a0yRL3u.jpg

The last decades, the cultural identity of the ruling elite was shifting in Jangladesh.

Even the Rajput nobles fell sway to the culture of the land they were assigned to rule.

The Rajput heritage had gradually been losing ground to the Uzbeki traditions of Samarkand.

After the sultan moved his capital to Samarkand, it was clear that UZBEK culture dominated Jangladesh now.

M7NlgYR.jpg

The sultan of Jangladesh had married his daughter to Babur, a Central Asian advisor who was descended from the Turco-Mongol conqueror Timur (the founder of the Timurid Empire) on his father's side and from Jangladesh vassal Chagatai, the second son of the Mongol ruler Genghis Khan, on his mother's side. Ousted from his ancestral domains in Central Asia after the wedding, Babur turned to Jangladesh to satisfy his ambitions.

Their son would one day rule Jangladesh. Babur wanted to form the Mughal Empire, to secure a nice legacy for his son.

The only thing that was needed now, was the conquest of Central Doab.

Which is held by.... Jaunpur, the attack dog with quantity ideas, who is allied to the OTTOMANS also :(

Babur gritted his teeth, and hoped for a chance in the future...

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Gulp, that Spain. That's 150k++ troops after whatever Portugal can scrounge up - I mean look at how much Aragon could field with their trade ducats. Speaking of which... has Portugal arrived in Goa?

In Asia, Wu has clearly won the China wars so they'll be rocking 150k+ troops soon I imagine as well.

I love those army sizes. Makes me very excited to seriously play VH mode when I have the time.

You weren't joking about serious corruption issues, lol.

Gulp, that Spain. That's 150k++ troops after whatever Portugal can scrounge up - I mean look at how much Aragon could field with their trade ducats. Speaking of which... has Portugal arrived in Goa?
In Asia, Wu has clearly won the China wars so they'll be rocking 150k+ troops soon I imagine as well.
I love those army sizes. Makes me very excited to seriously play VH mode when I have the time.
You weren't joking about serious corruption issues, lol.

Great Britain and Spain have 200k troops total or so.

Wu only has 40k forcelimit so far..

And no, Goa has no core of Portugal.

Regarding corruption: I hope i can start rooting it out before it reaches 50+%

It seems you were never so shocked by the difficulty this game can offer ;). Great respect for trying it, I'll leave it to you :p.

Bahmanis was obvious to see but that Mughals came by surprise for me. Let's see how many permanent claims you'll get from it.

Mughals give on the whole indian sub continent which shouls be mostly covered by bengal and jaunpur as bahmanis would obv get its cores back from VJ.

Lets see how the first real war with muscovy will be. Popcorn anyone?

Mughals give on the whole indian sub continent which shouls be mostly covered by bengal and jaunpur as bahmanis would obv get its cores back from VJ.
It would've been even more surprising if he were able to form Marathas, which was added to the game I think?

Popcorn anyone?
I have some left from the first chapter, interested?

It seems you were never so shocked by the difficulty this game can offer ;). Great respect for trying it, I'll leave it to you :p.

Bahmanis was obvious to see but that Mughals came by surprise for me. Let's see how many permanent claims you'll get from it.

Regarding very hard: very hard is still... very hard. But, iff you got allies with quantity, the bonus from very hard synergizes with quantity. If muscovy had taken quantity, I would have been attacked...

As it is now, it depends on the ruler personalities. Only militaristic rulers DOW in very hard so it seems..

Very hard is different, but I like it lot better. It's a whole new ballgame out there.

Regarding Bahmanis: yeah I would be silly to pass on such opportunity.

Regarding Mughals: they get permanent claims on all provinces needed for 'master of India' achievement. From Sind to Assam, and from Oudh to Ceylon. Take a look at what idea set Mughals has, and you'll understand why I try to form them, apart from the claims. I am planning serious swinery with the three little piggies, and to bash my attack dog too at some point.

Subbed. Loved the Qing campaign.

welcome aboard, did you read the Naxos AAR too? ;)

Gee, I watched that clip 5 times already in the last few days. It never bores me.. Nor does the song :p

did anyone know this song from early nineties already? ;)