• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How about adding a feature, where by the Caliph would grant an independent emir the Sultan title. Such as was the case with Saladin of the Ayubid, as well as later on with Bayezid of the ottomans if I am not mistaken.

In this case, how about letting the Ayubbid and later the mamlukes start with titular empire of egypt to simulate their elevated status as Sultans. The mod reflects the early islamic dynasties, such as the ummayads in spain well with the new king being called "Emir" mechanic. However, this very mechanic doesn't reflect the situation of the later rulers who claimed the sultanate title.

Download the new EMF beta which has reincorporated decadence into HIP, although in a modified form.

That still wouldn't affect the event as it's present in RIP, as the new EMF decadence does not use the numerical game rating.

First post still claimeth: To Install, please delete any previous versions of this mod and unzip the file attached on this post to your mod folder in your documents folder.
Then, install the hotfix attached to THIS post.

Doth this hotfix apply here also, or only to the 1.0 version? I'd assume it's fixed in the new 1.1 but what do I know.
FTFY

Fantastic release, Gwyn, and thank you for your help with the upcoming HIP release :)

Reactions:
Just a comment wrt the most recent HIP update:

When I started working on the religion overhaul, I contacted Gwyn for help with the Muslim part of it -- which meant adapting a good portion of the RIP sub-mod. This means the Sunni caliph's regnal naming system is now in the base mod, as is RIP's Muslim setup (with the new Sunni heresies and the breakup of Shiite into both Shiite (Twelver) and Isma'ili (Sevener), each with its own heresies). Vanilla's 'Shi'a Caliphate Rising' event chain is now 'Isma'ili Caliphate Rising', as in RIP, though quite a few changes were made...it still has the Qarmatian schism afterwards, however. I also used Gwyn's changes to the history files.

So that's not everything that RIP does/did, but a goodly portion...and a big thank you to Gwyn for making that so much easier.

Reactions:
The next version of RIP will thus be a lot smaller. It will include 12er Shiite Imam Succession and the Umayyad Caliphate events, neither of which are included in the EMF heresies overhaul. It won't include the Rise of the Zaydi, as I intend on re-imaginging how the Zaydi Caliphate is created and destroyed.

So I've restarted work on this recently. I was waiting on 2.6.2 to come out, as I couldn't bear playing with the excess Lunatics and such-like in the game, and I really am most motivated to code when I'm playing and noticing the things I want to change. Anyhow, now stripped of features that were ported into EMF Heresy, this leaner, faster RIP is now compatible with Hades 3. Enjoy!

Reactions:
Is an update needed with latest CK2 2.6.3 patch and HIP (Hades 6) ???
Cheers