The Aviarium Continuum: The Greater Flight of the Bird People - A Mildly Interactive/Democratic AAR

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bonus images:

The Hegemony of Qix'Poktrak at least has a sense of humour.

9JjFHHW.jpg

"Vaguely Avian" you say?

The design of the Wildfire design destroyer. Research on kinetic weapons is underway to make a new type of corvette which can break the dependency upon missiles weapons.

rlGS4VX.jpg

Last edited:
To be accurate 104+118+84= 306, so Doves or someone have 6 extra seats.:eek: Sum of seats lost by party or coalition A always must be equal to sum of seats gained by party or coalition B. :)

To be accurate 104+118+84= 306, so Doves or someone have 6 extra seats.:eek: Sum of seats lost by party or coalition A always must be equal to sum of seats gained by party or coalition B. :)

Haha, dammit, I made an error when writing down the numbers in the update itself. Sparrow Lobby should be 78, not 84. Will correct the numbers in the update, though the result remains unchanged. I always calculate with the "pure numbers" like "According to the third rule, Dove 9 + 3 of the Sparrows. Dove-Hawk could work too, but the doves haven't voted for that so let's go with Dove-Sparrow as long as that would have a majority". Then, I put it into the magic seat distribution machine.

The third rule is a bit more flexible than the two others since it might be able to produce two or even three different ruling majorities. I try to go for the highest voted one and to respect their wishes, as well as the minority partner, when using it. That is, I pick the coalition that seems to have the highest overall affinity. I hope everyone is alright with the way I handle it.

My logic in assuming that someone would always support any coalition with the primary vote in charge, is that someone who votes "Hawk/Sparrow" would probably be okay with a Hawk-Dove coalition, as long as the Hawks would make most of the major decisions with some input from the doves, rather than have a re-election where the Hawk Lobby might lose entirely.

Last edited:
First choice: Dove

Second choice: Sparrow

We've voting?

New chapter, ended up being the 99th reply so it's on the bottom of the 5th page.

Bit worried people might overlook it. :confused:

Edit: Added the election bill to the update itself, too.

New chapter, ended up being the 99th reply so it's on the bottom of the 5th page.

Bit worried people might overlook it. :confused:

Edit: Added the election bill to the update itself, too.
lol, I saw the Appendix but didn't see the election Bill.

Second Choice: Sparrow

Party Choice

First choice: Hawk
Second Choice: Sparrow
Only now do the Sparrows have somewhat of our best interests at heart. Maybe after that abysmal war they saw the right path to take.

First Choice: Sparrow
Second Choice: Dove
Whilst the Hawks do have an excellent policy for integrating bronze age civilizations, I think it would be best to not attack the coallation against us. Let them weaken themselfes with inner strive or pointless wars against a third party.

Last edited:
Second choice: Sparrow
We should colonize in the Northwest and Northeast (beyond Holden system) directions. To
strengthen our expansion an get more proper colonists for new worlds we should sign migration treaties with democratic civilizations we haven't these treaties yet.

First choice: Hawks
Second choice: Dove

We need to keep our hegemony so we can continue to enlighten our part of the galaxy. While swift military action is the best course to pursue, the Dove's policy of consolidation will also let us achieve this goal albeit slower. As shown in the last war, a resourceful empire is able to compete with more prepared opponents, even if it will lead to avoidable losses. In contrast, the Sparrow's indecisive policies or armed neutrality will let our enemies grow stronger, without increasing our overall industrial strength.

Yes to smug slugs - no to stagnation!