• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JMeganSnow

Recruit
Apr 11, 2016
One thing that's common in games of this type is to have your companions join you until either you tick them off enough that they leave or until you actively dismiss them. I just think that if the game is going to focus more on you being a Person of Significance, you'd have a fair number of companions that would only join you for adventuring in certain areas. There could be a mix, of course, but I'd like to see at least a few potential companions who aren't ready to drop their entire lives and go gallivanting across the world with you at a moment's notice.

I can sort of agree on that point, at least have companions (or whatever) that once the end point comes they leave. Perhaps you help them free/enslave another city and the companion becomes lord of the city and they have to stay to rule.

Also perma-death for companions.

i like this, its very rare that you see companions leave as part of the plot or when circumstances change, like iron bull for example is a mercenary why was he so invested in the inquisition...besides a paycheck
I can sort of agree on that point, at least have companions (or whatever) that once the end point comes they leave. Perhaps you help them free/enslave another city and the companion becomes lord of the city and they have to stay to rule.

Also perma-death for companions.
i agree, we need permadeath..unless its a dog following...i'll throw Lydia, or Blitz or Strong or whatever follower in a pit a lava for a better weapon but the dog never dies

If this is the case you should get their inventory though. Nothing more frustrating than having to reload a long scripted interaction because you just discovered that at the end of it you lose the guy currently carrying the über-sword of total brokenness and so you need to give it to someone else.

Yeah there was nothing worse than your pal dying and then you had to strip them off everything and walk to the nearest town.

Well they either need to let us be aware that we will lose stuff we are going to give them or they say they will stop by your house/castle/S&M bunker and drop off all their stuff when they leave you.

I know my son lost a suit of power armour in Fallout 4 when he put it on Deacon and then after learning his particular phrase couldn't get an option to get him out of it.