EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Probably not allied to Poland, just friendly due to both hating Russia, mutual access agreements, etc.

edit: NM, didn't look closely enough. Looks like he doesn't have Cossacks though so maybe that attitude is part of the diplo feedback system?
He is, the "Dissolve Alliance" button is there.

It gives access to HIM.

Also, wait a darn moment, that doesn't look like 1.15 - no Ally attitudes between him and Poland.

Probably not allied to Poland, just friendly due to both hating Russia, mutual access agreements, etc.

edit: NM, didn't look closely enough. Looks like he doesn't have Cossacks though so maybe that attitude is part of the diplo feedback system?

He is, the "Dissolve Alliance" button is there.

I only have CoP, RP and WoN as expansions.

So it's possible to recruit troops/mercs in protectorates? Any way to prevent that?

I'm at war with Timbuktu at the moment, got them mostly sieged down and I'm moving towards Morocco to occupy their allies now, but Timbuktu seem to keep recruiting more troops in their protectorate Kong (who aren't part of the war) behind me and sieging stuff back, getting kind of annoying.

So it's possible to recruit troops/mercs in protectorates? Any way to prevent that?

I'm at war with Timbuktu at the moment, got them mostly sieged down and I'm moving towards Morocco to occupy their allies now, but Timbuktu seem to keep recruiting more troops in their protectorate Kong (who aren't part of the war) behind me and sieging stuff back, getting kind of annoying.
Can you declare war on their Protectorate as well? More war is always the answer.

What sort of problems are you asking about? The provinces in a non-state area will have a 75% minimum autonomy so contribute less tax and manpower. Provinces not added to your trade company in the area will allow neighbors to westernize. Provinces added to your trade company will be impossible to convert to your religion but substantially increase your trade power. Provinces in the TC will be eligible for the good and bad TC events and so on...

It has been said you can't have a trade company and a state in the same region. I am wondering if I put the trade company in the Gold Cost region, and a state in the congo region (within trade company region), would that work? Or would the trade company disappear?

It has been said you can't have a trade company and a state in the same region. I am wondering if I put the trade company in the Gold Cost region, and a state in the congo region (within trade company region), would that work? Or would the trade company disappear?

Okay, just did a quick test.

Provinces in an area that is turned into a state are removed from a TC and provinces in a state can't be added to a TC. Provinces in other areas within the same TC charter are unaffected so yes, you can have the Gold Coast area in a TC and Kongo in a state. Interestingly, due to the LA floor the TP will be often be lower in the TC provinces than in a state in the same provinces.

Okay anther quick question: While playing as GB is started a war with marehan, using the overseas expansion CB. However any province I demand costs diplo and isnt part of the war gaol. The didnt westernize during the war. The problem seems to be that the CB doenst see the new east african tech group as a "primitve" nation, thus the cost. Is the intended or an oversight?

edit: same seems true for the central african group
edit2: also the range for establishing protectorates looks to be calculated only from state cores, hence i was unable the protectorate nations anywhere since trade range is calculated from full cores, and the closest full core is in europe

Last edited:
Okay anther quick question: While playing as GB is started a war with marehan, using the overseas expansion CB. However any province I demand costs diplo and isnt part of the war gaol. The didnt westernize during the war. The problem seems to be that the CB doenst see the new east african tech group as a "primitve" nation, thus the cost. Is the intended or an oversight?

edit: same seems true for the central african group
edit2: also the range for establishing protectorates looks to be calculated only from state cores, hence i was unable the protectorate nations anywhere since trade range is calculated from full cores, and the closest full core is in europe
Likely oversight, I dont have the mare norstrum DLC, so I dont know if that affects it.

Hello everyone, 2 question:
1. How to turn on province income on map?
2. Why my colony-made provinces have native culture but AIs have their culture? It happens after Mare Nostrum

Hello everyone, 2 question:
1. How to turn on province income on map?
2. Why my colony-made provinces have native culture but AIs have their culture? It happens after Mare Nostrum
1. What? I dont know that there is one, however development may be the way to go, as it gives you a rough idea of how much they will make comparatively,
2. Because the A.I. is dumb so paradox buffs them so they stand a chance.

1. What? I dont know that there is one, however development may be the way to go, as it gives you a rough idea of how much they will make comparatively,
2. Because the A.I. is dumb so paradox buffs them so they stand a chance.
It's not map mode, it was by default turned on in early version of EU4. I see DDRjake stream turns it on but I don't know how

It's not map mode, it was by default turned on in early version of EU4. I see DDRjake stream turns it on but I don't know how
Im afraid I have no idea then.

On the colony issue:

Colonies in Trade Company zones don't change culture (or religion) to that of the colonizing nation (Africa and most of Asia) but the ai will spend dip points to change it.

Colonies in Colonial Nation zones (Americas and Australia/Oceania) do change to the culture (and religion) of the colonizing nation.

For the other, I *think* it is options/video, scroll down right list to post effects but I may be wrong.

I suspect you mean this:
map income.jpg

"show monthly tax income" on the options screen before hitting "play"

Reactions:
The situation is thus:

Playing 1.16 Ironman, I wish to attack and dismember Bavaria, which is, of course, part of the HRE. Bavaria is about its historical size, and has a few small allies.

I am a much-expanded Italy and I can easily take on Bavaria and the minors by myself (famous last words?). My allies are über-Bohemia, which seems happy enough to join, and my march, well-fed Ansbach.

Now, Bavaria and the HRE Emperor (Austria) loathe each other. Austria has a -300 opinion of Bavaria. Bavaria is Protestant, Austria is Reformed (!). I am Protestant myself. :) (The Commonwealth, France and Castile are the only major Catholics left, BTW)

My question is this: a) if I declare war on Bavaria, will Austria join the war regardless of the fact that the little box has a red cross next to it? And (b) if she does enter, I assume she will call in her allies, which include the dreaded blue blob, as well as half-a-dozen countries in the Empire?

The situation is thus:

Playing 1.16 Ironman, I wish to attack and dismember Bavaria, which is, of course, part of the HRE. Bavaria is about its historical size, and has a few small allies.

I am a much-expanded Italy and I can easily take on Bavaria and the minors by myself (famous last words?). My allies are über-Bohemia and my march, well-fed Ansbach.

Now, Bavaria and the HRE Emperor (Austria) loathe each other. Austria has a -300 opinion of Bavaria. Bavaria is Protestant, Austria is Reformed (!). I am Protestant myself. :) (The Commonwealth, France and Castile are the only major Catholics left, BTW)

My question is this: a) if I declare war on Bavaria, will Austria join the war regardless of the fact that the little box has a red cross next to it? And (b) if she does enter, I assume she will call in her allies, which include the dreaded blue blob, as well as half-a-dozen countries in the Empire?

Well since it has the x Austria shouldn't join?

Reactions:
Well since it has the x Austria shouldn't join?

I would assume so, but I was worried since she is the Emperor and I cannot recall if that is an automatic defensive intervention in the 1.16 iteration.