1.16.2 Released [checksum 3a8e] - Not For Problem Reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, as a player who just recently bought the cossacks DLC when it was on sale, does the grant general with 40 AT from nobility factor in your AT as well? So if you have 10 AT the general you get from them would have 50 in total?
I'm almost certain that it doesn't, you just get a flat 40.

I'm almost certain that it doesn't, you just get a flat 40.

Yeah that option is a lot better for idea groups like offensive than it is for quality or defensive, due to having the flat +pips. If you have a +pip NI and offensive you can get some pretty respectable rolls off it when your AT is otherwise trash.

Reactions:
Asking again to be sure: this means that I can have 20 states with only one state core in each (so I can go only for trade-relevant provinces and leave all others at 50% min autonomy), or that every cored province (even territory cores) inside those states will count for the threshold?

You can have all the provinces of a state fully cored, it will count as one state.

The patch notes say "Merchant Republics are now limited by provinces in states, not total amount of provinces." It doesn't specify whether those provinces have been fully cored or have only territorial cores. You could test and see if it allows you to leave some provinces with territorial cores, but I expect that they'll count toward the 20 province limit regardless.

It is new we can now take for free the gold from the nation we force vassalize or it is in the game since a long time ?!
It is like a full gold nation is very hard to vassalize ... Weird.

What is the AT bug that people keep mentioning here and there?

Also, as a player who just recently bought the cossacks DLC when it was on sale, does the grant general with 40 AT from nobility factor in your AT as well? So if you have 10 AT the general you get from them would have 50 in total?

No, when an event fires that spawns a general/conquistador with X AT or you click that nobility button, you get a general/conquistador as if you had that amount of AT. Same for admirals/explorers and NT. In your case, it counts as if you have AT 40. If you had AT 100, you'd still get an average general (40 AT). On the bright side, any + pips bonus you get from ideas/modifiers will apply I think.

It is new we can now take for free the gold from the nation we force vassalize or it is in the game since a long time ?!
It is like a full gold nation is very hard to vassalize ... Weird.

As far as I remember it is from 1.14 or 1.15.
But I'm not sure if it wasn't costing any warscore. I never used it.

The patch notes say "Merchant Republics are now limited by provinces in states, not total amount of provinces." It doesn't specify whether those provinces have been fully cored or have only territorial cores. You could test and see if it allows you to leave some provinces with territorial cores, but I expect that they'll count toward the 20 province limit regardless.

I made a game as Venice from day 1 and I had no issue with it.
The patch notes isn't clear enough or it's bugged, but I super blobbed as Venice and went far over 20 provinces.

No, when an event fires that spawns a general/conquistador with X AT or you click that nobility button, you get a general/conquistador as if you had that amount of AT. Same for admirals/explorers and NT. In your case, it counts as if you have AT 40. If you had AT 100, you'd still get an average general (40 AT). On the bright side, any + pips bonus you get from ideas/modifiers will apply I think.

They do indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
There seems to be an issue with the new timeline feature. After a few years all of the colonial nations will appear, filling most of the continents even when there are no colonies in those regions.

Last edited:
Your opinion on today's patch?

Basing it on development rather than incentivizing tanking income deliberately is a positive step, but nerfing the bejesus out of ROTW and poor religions specifically still makes no sense, and neither does unstable equilibrium.

States/territories are fine, removing regicide, if one has bothered with MN, probably helps.

Reactions:
Please just get rid of corruption alltogether. It doesn't add anything meaningful or interesting, it is just something that drains money for conquering things (the whole point of EU4). I am sick of having most of what would be my net income being pointlessly drained away by a dumb mechanic that only takes things away from the player giving nothing in return.

This I reverted back to 1.15 and will be stuck with the Cossacks and 1.15 as my last DLC/patch for EU4 I guess. The fun has been taken out of the game for me honestly as I don't care to build "up" and like going "wide." I also mostly play ROTW, and they are still horrible to play as from what I can tell with this new "feature."

Reactions:
As ottomans, I really enjoy the threaten war option, it has saved me from fighting Venice, Hungary, crimea, Persia, bah I can't remember it all. Now all of those nations had powerful allies, and I just needed 1 or 2 provinces, and 5 year truce is perfectly acceptable. My strategy is fight North South West East in rotation, I don't ruin the countries and I can keep saving MP and corruption.

Reactions:
:mad::mad::mad: Please change turkish and azerbaican culture to altai culturs. Turkish culture are not arabic! Azerbaijan culture is not persian !!!! They are turkic!

Turkish is not turko syrian ! It is Altai!!!

Reactions:
:mad::mad::mad: Please change turkish and azerbaican culture to altai culturs. Turkish culture are not arabic! Azerbaijan culture is not persian !!!! They are turkic!

Turkish is not turko syrian ! It is Altai!!!
We know, it was changed for Gameplay reasons, is the same reason Hungarians are not in the same group as people in the Urals and why Basque is in the Iberian group and why Breton is in the French etc. It is for gameplay and that overcomes any historical facts.

If you already have the provinces cored when you change from a territory to a state then you can choose to leave them as territory cores which may not count against the MR limit. However, if you take land in an area that is already a state you can only build state cores or leave it un-cored, you can't build a territory core in a state area. Note also that any integrated lands get state cores even if not in a state so those could count against a MR's limit as well (depending on how they are counting things).

Status
Not open for further replies.