• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just don't understand this kind of announcement. Did that trailer that showed nothing about the game make anyone more likely to buy it? If so, why? And did anyone learn anything from that trailer? And the written announcement only had three sentences of actual information (the brief "In Tyranny, the grand war..." paragraph).

Now, that little bit of information sounds interesting; I'm not hating on the game. I'm just saying, why not wait a few weeks and make an announcement when you actually have something to tell us?

Well if you go to the site you do see some in-game images. It appears to be a top down RPG, like the original Fallouts. Besides, they did a very similar thing with Stellaris; the announcement trailer was vague and all we got a quick blurb that amounted to "grand strategy...in space...like it's never been done before." Most companies don't wait to announce a game; you do it once youre under way to build hype.

I just don't understand this kind of announcement. Did that trailer that showed nothing about the game make anyone more likely to buy it? If so, why? And did anyone learn anything from that trailer? And the written announcement only had three sentences of actual information (the brief "In Tyranny, the grand war..." paragraph).

Now, that little bit of information sounds interesting; I'm not hating on the game. I'm just saying, why not wait a few weeks and make an announcement when you actually have something to tell us?
FWIW, the embargo on further info is gonna be lifted in a week or so, according to some websites.

Evil has already won isn't really such a bold new idea. Assuming it's not an "evil that will end the world", then it's actually quite common, with corrupt, everyday-evil governments ruling many RPG settings. Playing as evil is somewhat more fresh, although I would really like to see a game where you play as evil against an overwhelming forces of good.

I'm optimistic, though.

Please deliver actually challenging morality choices. Fable III (I think) promised that but virtue was ridiculously easy and the evil choices were always absurd. If anyone can make this work, it will be the people who brought us CK 2, the game that proves we are all horrible people!

Please deliver actually challenging morality choices. Fable III (I think) promised that but virtue was ridiculously easy and the evil choices were always absurd. If anyone can make this work, it will be the people who brought us CK 2, the game that proves we are all horrible people!

*And the creators of the Fallout Series + New Vegas.

It's Obsidian and Paradox making an RPG about being evil.

It's the game I never knew I wanted and it's my entire Xmas list.

Actually this is an misunderstanding by many people. The game isn't about 'being evil'. You just play somebody working for a tyrannic System. This doesn't necessary make you evil too. At least as far as I understand it.

I really hope it will indeed deliver different kind of plot, instead of just wearing grim mask. Was waiting for it for so long.
Also, when we can expect some gameplay?

Right back at you.

I really hope they won't just go along and create something formulaic or just create another (albeit good gameplay and balanced) RPG.
They should use Planescape: Torment as a basis of influence.

Funny that the two companies most willing to let characters be douchebags are teaming up to make a game about being a douchebag...

I'll take twelve copies, please! :D

Actually this is an misunderstanding by many people. The game isn't about 'being evil'. You just play somebody working for a tyrannic System. This doesn't necessary make you evil too. At least as far as I understand it.

But why wouldn't I be evil given that choice? Remember the wise words of Gnarl: Evil always finds a way.

You CAN be evil. But this don't make the game about 'being evil'. It's just an option.

Well, all decisions are advertised as "morally grey"

Well...
64469150.jpg

Very interesting..