• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
9Lm7Vfk.jpg

No stoping you when you get the indonesian islands before the European shows up, but ofc Ming was a thorn in the side the whole game

TRPBT1T.jpg
You must of had -20/0/0 rulers all game

Hallo all!
Here my EU4 empire.
Roman glory restored. I tried to follow their greatest extend of arround 125 AD. But I might overtook a few provinces, were there romans in Basra? The pope is truly pontifex maximus!

I was able to get the Black Jack achievement and created a few clientstates, named after the german tribes. Also I kicked 'the knights' to mecca... Then I put the Gohts back. Apart from Scandinavia Europe is mine.

2015-10-07_00006.jpg
2015-10-07_00007.jpg

Reactions:
First Come, First Serve achievement. Started in St. Lawrence trade node with Conquest of Paradise off, picked western tech and free ideas, without colonist to maximize number of provinces I can start with. The trade node is very underrated as I was making a decent money from it. Interesting game, majority of my attention was on maximizing settler chance and yearly increase. I had two great helpers, shout-out to Carib and Norway. Holland was also my vassal but decided to colonize Africa instead even though its home province was in Canada.

It was fun, except after 1700 when game's performance goes down, game freezes when I add gold to piece deal, etc.

EWQbRIS.jpg

After the achievement was completed, I went back to my homeland to reclaim my lands from Castillians by glorious Umayyad Shia dynasty.

XMlLZHw.jpg

Reactions:
After 1 lost attempt, 1 give up (i needed to stop playing for months, when i got back 2 patchs changed my mind about trying the old save).

Finally i did my WC as castille. Got a lot of problems in the ending having juge stacks of rebels (Size 50+) all around the world, making the philiphines with gigantic stacks rebelling as close as 1815, but in the end i was able to finish the WC just before japan broke free.

By 1750 i was kind of tired and gived up filling the americas, going for one religion and also i knew i was unable to have enough Dip points to make a one tag.

I canceled the yemen annex to go for the achiev with a 60 developed city. Did that in november 1820, too close.

My monarchs where horrible. A 3 in a monarch was a moment for celebration, and only by 1600-1700 i finally started to get monarchs with 4 points. Only by 1700 a monarch with a 5 in one stat. (And 1 in dip ¬¬). My dip tech ended at 23, adm 27 and mil 28.

I was very luck i got a PU with the commonwealth as that saved me tons and without that i would most likely fail the WC.

Became emperor in 1680 and revoked in 1720. 20 years wasted converting an almost all protestant HRE to catholic.

Sad i was unable to get one faith and one tag :/. Hope for the ottomans to have a easier time.

Also incredible even with heavy subsidies the colonies where unable to fill the americas, and i rushed them all before 1600. Next time i need to vassalize at least 2 colonizers to help me.

eu4_map_HLR_1820_12_01_1.jpg

Last edited:
97BBC5036FFBCA858949E6EA178B2D06747B671B

So I finally managed to do a Byzantium game. Whats more, I also finally figured out how PU's work(thanks to that guide that was posted recently):
28DA23BC86B6293DD4BCC3D059C5D4BCD9319318

Commonwealth, Circassia, Hungary and Alodia are all PU's. They all got that big without my help. Arabia is a religious mess, Vijayanagar converting the east to hindu, while everyone except Hejaz is coptic.
World overview:
D30A9B1B07A6442F0E0C6AAEBA446A63F6484E17

Punjab did well. Also the purple in south east Asia is Burgundy, who also have a colony in Alaska. They colonised Florida before, but the scots culture converted them away.
One last funny thing:
40EDAF93DBB300926B8121336B758326E4BD3644

Reactions:
Ideas Guys run started in Cape node, conquered my way up to Egypt and started colonizing Southeast Asia. The key was to start Muslim so that the Kilwan provinces aren't completely useless.

At first I thought I had to take control of Sevilla but evidently I didn't need new world trade.

Too bad the game becomes unplayable after 1600 due to poor performance, as there are several superpowers I want to obliterate.

XgoysWI.jpg

Reactions:
My first full-length ironman game:
pfKzpst.jpg

jIILXq0.jpg

My colonies in the Americas declared an independence war agains me after a draining war with Tunis, and I surrendered instantly because I wasn't in the mood for more war (Not sure if that was a good idea, in hindsight). This is all that's left of my colonial empire.

Territories south of the Sahara were gained in 1819-1820 when Kanem Bornu declared war on me, and I had no time left to core them.

I had ~75 hours of experience prior to this game; Please be honest, did I do horribly?

(Sorry for the potato quality)

Reactions:
My first full-length ironman game:
pfKzpst.jpg

jIILXq0.jpg

My colonies in the Americas declared an independence war agains me after a draining war with Tunis, and I surrendered instantly because I wasn't in the mood for more war (Not sure if that was a good idea, in hindsight). This is all that's left of my colonial empire.

Territories south of the Sahara were gained in 1819-1820 when Kanem Bornu declared war on me, and I had no time left to core them.

I had ~75 hours of experience prior to this game; Please be honest, did I do horribly?

(Sorry for the potato quality)
that commonwealth !

Teutonic Order -> Prussia game:
214E6416D29B9D5ADBC332B9B66CC5AA213BCEAE

Quite tricky position to be in, as even after I managed to break Poland and Lithuania (they never managed to form Commonwealth, thank god), I found myself boxed in between megablobs Russia and Ottomans, and slightly smaller blob Austria (who inherited France), leaving me little room to expand. It didn't help much that Russia and Ottomans were allied for a couple of hundred years... My own fault for not breaking Russia soon enough, I never seem to learn that lesson.

It ended better than I thought it would though :)

I am doing a similar game at the moment. I am currently at the year 1552 and the league wars just got enabled. I have got the first two reforms passed, after a victorious catholic diet does passing the rest of the reforms become easier? I have never played much as a player in the HRE with the league wars and peace thereafter.

my incan empire:
JTGerRc.jpg

it was a great game and the first one in a long time that I actually finished
zZ7MKSf.jpg

I didnt manage to convert everything before the end of the game, gotta give me bonus points though for introducing the sun god to the caucasus
Wj3AHdM.jpg

achievements:
ZFqNPlk.jpg

Reactions:
I am doing a similar game at the moment. I am currently at the year 1552 and the league wars just got enabled. I have got the first two reforms passed, after a victorious catholic diet does passing the rest of the reforms become easier? I have never played much as a player in the HRE with the league wars and peace thereafter.

I managed to pass only two reforms before the league wars because Austria lost the title pretty early and other emperors could not manage it. Passed the initial reforms by adding enough lands and pretty much ignoring europe rest of the game. Just made sure to release princes and force religions time to time whenever I got involved in wars. However I sniped cors very early. I had diplo ideas as first pick so did few no cb wars. Last one was in Sweden which I did not bother to destroy. So, yes in the end you'll have plenty of time to pass all reforms if that is your goal.

And here is another one: Academical!
Nothing special, and all so boring.
02623F127E5DDB19BD642EC68C24B911C9342799

Reactions:
A Catholic Ottomans leading the HRE and a PU with France. I would love to revoke early but the reformation has already hit so I will have to wait for the Diet, time to expand to the East now.

B7xWYaK.jpg

Reactions:
Teutonic Order -> Prussia game:
214E6416D29B9D5ADBC332B9B66CC5AA213BCEAE

Quite tricky position to be in, as even after I managed to break Poland and Lithuania (they never managed to form Commonwealth, thank god), I found myself boxed in between megablobs Russia and Ottomans, and slightly smaller blob Austria (who inherited France), leaving me little room to expand. It didn't help much that Russia and Ottomans were allied for a couple of hundred years... My own fault for not breaking Russia soon enough, I never seem to learn that lesson.

It ended better than I thought it would though :)
200_s.gif