• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zsumi

Second Lieutenant
87 Badges
Oct 5, 2009
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Hi. 1.10 patch is up(preliminary) and it the negative oil bug so germany will be alot different to play much less oil. The patch is on the tech support Patch 1.10 preliminary release.

Im posting in new thread, incase someone else missed the patch aswell. So it gets noticed more easily.

If you find hardcode bug report on the tech support forum, Core bug on the main post. Download CORE 0.70.7.

Hi, thanks for the update - some comments though.....

Hi. 1.10 patch is up(preliminary) and it the negative oil bug so germany will be alot different to play much less oil. The patch is on the tech support Patch 1.10 preliminary release.
not sure what you mean by this - what is the negative oil bug and is it a CORE bug or a Patch 1.10 bug?

Im posting in new thread, incase someone else missed the patch aswell. So it gets noticed more easily.

If you find hardcode bug report on the tech support forum, Core bug on the main post. Download CORE 0.70.7.

I get the following warning on the download page:

Reported Unwanted Software Page!

This web page at media1.gamefront.com has been reported to contain unwanted software and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Unwanted software pages try to install software that can be deceptive and affect your system in unexpected ways.
So i have not downloaded - its probably nothing but not worth the risk

Great to see this mod still being worked on - thanks

When you skim down the CORE release thread, you will eventually stumble over a mirror on Dropbox in one of my posts.
... I think it was on page 3...
It would not be the first time that Gamefront download pages really, actually have been infected with malware. If your browser warns you like that, in this particular instance, I would trust it.

Note that you also need the fixpack that makes the current CORE version 1.10-compatible. One of the last posts in the release thread should link to it.

... The "negative oil" but really "negative resource" bug affects the game in versions prior to 1.10, but does not surface in vanilla, to my knowledge. It happens, if a province has a negative resource income, and this particular resource income is then modified by event command - the game would restrict the new value to the lower bound of zero, which led to outcomes like "-4 + 1 = 0". It was discovered on the "oil" resource by @Zsumi but affected all resources a province can produce/consume.

This web page at media1.gamefront.com has been reported to contain unwanted software and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Unwanted software pages try to install software that can be deceptive and affect your system in unexpected ways.

Are you using Chrome by any chance? Google has increased their security levels, blocking all loads of content that's perfectly safe to be on the safe side. As the download is an EXE, it's automatically blocked... Downloading with another browser will be the easiest fix, though there's a possibility to unblock the file within Chrome as well, apparently (which I haven't figured out as of yet). I just checked the Gamersgate download, and it seems to be fine.

Are you using Chrome by any chance? Google has increased their security levels, blocking all loads of content that's perfectly safe to be on the safe side. As the download is an EXE, it's automatically blocked... Downloading with another browser will be the easiest fix, though there's a possibility to unblock the file within Chrome as well, apparently (which I haven't figured out as of yet). I just checked the Gamersgate download, and it seems to be fine.

soooo, had some fun playing as GER and then SOV. What I can say is that it gets better and better.
As Germany, it was a pushover, as usual.
As SOV, the Germans put up much more of a fight than previously. Savegame spying revealed that they basically draw from unlimited resources, except for manpower. What surprised be though was their 60K oil stock at mid '43. I was struggling to keep a surplus, almost all of my oil being consumed by my provinces (looking at you, Chelyabinsk!). Will invest in some oil conversion plants in my next playthrough...
What I noticed, as has always been the case, is that armoured units suffer relatively more manpower losses than other unit types ,imho. They do not seem to be particularly strong units, considering their cost I think they are not worth building at all. With tech making inf and cav considerably faster, I dont see the usefulness of armoured units. The are especially bad at defense, though. It pains me every time I see a combat report after a defensive battle of my armoured units. Any opinions on that?
anyways, keep up the good work.

Bugs/issues. some are hard coded, so sorry for bringing it up here. i just like to rant ;) :
Sov unrest event that fires randomly for single provinces. window message says "we must do someting about it". well, what exactly can be done about it? either clarify or change text please
air unit order issuing: clicking on their order button on the left screen sidebar always gives out of range error. got to select and right click on the map to issue orders
Ger leader Dietl, available after Anschluss, but he was from bavaria and a die hard nazi from the very beginning
Austrian provinces: hollabrun/Krems confusion map/province list (known issue, but i noticed anyways)
more of an inconvenience: attachment production cant be accelerated, which sucks when you build ships at accelerated speed but their attachment wont be finished in time

Mmh. Nope, sorry, cannot reproduce. Ah well, might have accidentally fixed it in the meanwhile.
I installed your fixpack for 1.10 and core 0707. whats the latest checksum?

as UK, when the Iraq sides with germany event fired I got a +15% dissent hit. However, i think I read in the event text that dissent changes by -15%. whe I tried to check the files, I only found event #9 which should change dissent by -2%, then got lost in the myriad of events folders

On a vanilla game with EQPW, a fresh install in this order:
  1. CORE2 0.70.7
  2. CORE B&W Graphics 0.70
  3. CORE2 0.70.7 Compatibility Fixes for AoD 1.10
yields KXYI to me.

I actually discovered a different bug: It is possible to Naval Strike, Installation Strike, etc. own provinces.
Accidentally fixed that in A07 without being aware of it, though.

as Germany, early 1938 event "demand lift of nazi party ban in Austria" says -5 dissent but doesnt change dissent. the later "anschluss" event says -5 dissent too, and that works

Not sure where to post, so I just want to say: i love this mod
Played as US, fooled around with my japanese friends in the pacific only to see how SU singlehandedly destroyed GER.
Curious, I started a hands off game. First game GER steamrolled SU to bitter peace in early '43. Second game SU owned GER in early '44. Third game USA invaded the balkans (US dowed GER before JAP declared on US), GER held up pretty good but was eaten by SU in late '44

So, I bow before you guys to mod the game to a point where anything can be possible and no 2 games are the same!