• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Much appreciated.

I don't know if there are many other users here that would appreciate the same, if there are please comment also, but would it be at all possible to create a SMMH compatible flat map? I am not a particular fan of the bumpy map, it's made me cringe since the first dev diaries for CK2. There are flatmaps out there that work for Vanilla so it is theoretically possible, but I am not aware of any that is HIP compatible. Please tell me if you are aware of such. Thanks.

Plus one...;)

I'll just quote in bulk.
It's alternate files, so if you don't want to change brightness or whatever to B, then you don't need to use it and use the one that arrives by default in C, so it really shouldn't be anything anyone but those supports of B would need to appreciate.

Regarding flat map, it's definitely possible and easy, just not pretty with current textures IMO. I will not be turning LTM into a flat map because I don't want to take that turn and I don't think most users do neither. However, that being said, I can include some basic alternate 'flat map' files in C, but the textures will be ugly without height on the map IMO.

Glad you took out the caravan route thing in Africa and the Middle East. Consistent with the direction SWMH is taking. :) I think removing the caravan routes was sort of in the team's to-do list, but it never actually reached the table.

Not sure what your point is. Caravan roads on terrain map is something totally disconnected to the province setup, it was there even before some provinces where added.

I think it was done as a sort of trade routes, before trade routes entered the game. But i'm not even sure anymore. Perhaps Aasmul can set the record straight :D

Right, my comment had nothing to do with province removal. I should have specified what I was talking about. I was referring to "oasis" provinces, which, along with the caravan route, was something that the SWMH team considered cool at first but now looked like artificial features. So there was a talk to do away with both oasis provinces and caravan routes. If I recall correctly, that is.

ok. Routes looks nice however :p

Uh, remember that those screenshots had deserts 'bleed' into the hill terrain (fixed now though)? Trade routes were made out of hill terrain so they're not really gone just not visible... but you want them gone?

Could also be done with different textures, hmmm, maybe plain desert textures but with camel art on top. I did like some of the map art in ck1.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Your map looks amazing. I was a little nervous at first when I heard that LTM would be replacing NBRT+, since NBRT+ was one of the major reasons why I stuck to SWMH was NBRT+, but your map looks just as good. There maybe some subtle differences, but I couldn't tell.

Good job, man, and I look forward to see how your work evolves in the future!

Reactions:
@Lord of Pain I would appreciate a flat-map, even if the textures are ugly, if it is not a major undertaking; I wouldn't go to any great lengths if there is a demand for it from only me, strategos, and maybe a few silent observers. I loaded up your new texture/graphics files earlier and was impressed, there is a definitive improvement to be sure. I particular like what you have done with mountains, even though as stated I don't like how they're implemented by the CK2 engine.

I may at a later date try to contact Kyro (The creator of Theatrum Orbis Terrarum), and attempt to persuade him to make his textures compatible, either with his own, or your own flat-map. I know that he has done something similar for MEIOU&T for his EUIV version of his mod. I'm wondering if you have any objection to this. Either way I will be using your mod for the time being; I think you've done a great job.

I'll just quote in bulk.
It's alternate files, so if you don't want to change brightness or whatever to B, then you don't need to use it and use the one that arrives by default in C, so it really shouldn't be anything anyone but those supports of B would need to appreciate.

Regarding flat map, it's definitely possible and easy, just not pretty with current textures IMO. I will not be turning LTM into a flat map because I don't want to take that turn and I don't think most users do neither. However, that being said, I can include some basic alternate 'flat map' files in C, but the textures will be ugly without height on the map IMO.

Uh, remember that those screenshots had deserts 'bleed' into the hill terrain (fixed now though)? Trade routes were made out of hill terrain so they're not really gone just not visible... but you want them gone?

Could also be done with different textures, hmmm, maybe plain desert textures but with camel art on top. I did like some of the map art in ck1.

I like the trade routes being shown.

Reactions:
I have a question: how do you get atlas0.dds to use the 5x5 texture grid?
I'll most likely increase this to 6x6 in the near future, but you can do this in:

\gfx\FX\pdxmap.lua

change the value in the line
"static const float NUM_TILES = 4.0f;"

to 5.

EDIT, I'm actually amazed at how fast I was at responding to this

Reactions:
Glad that you made map more bright. Anyway, what is max value for NUM_TILES? And why almost no one is using it?
I don't know what the pragmatic max. value for NUM_TILES is besides 8 (I suspect that CK2 doesn't support more than 256 color indices in terrain.bmp), but nobody is increasing it for the most part above 4 because very few are increasing the total number of terrain texture types, and vanilla simply uses 16 of them (4x4=16), which is not a limit itself.

Will there be an update in the near future? I hate to see this thread get sent to the third page. It's the submod I am most looking forward too.
It's going to be part of the main mod in the next update...Don't worry mate...;)

It's going to be part of the main mod in the next update...Don't worry mate...;)
Oh yeah, I know it's being integrated. I pushed for it. I just didn't want to see the thread go so far back, and thought there would be another update here before the necessary, game breaking HIP update which as I'm typing it's starting to make sense why he's waiting.

I'm actually holding off anxiously awaiting the next HIP release for this. xD

Reactions:
It will be, and the thread will then get pinned and updated with the latest stuff :)

Reactions:
Here's some sneakpeek to the soon-to-be-released version of HIP with LTM...

(Note that the font you are seeing is from another mod called Revolutionary Font Mod)

Nn2NK1w.jpg

RTNQIgI.jpg

7pfSt5f.jpg

IizyCHg.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
That's gorgeous. Thanks for posting the preview, gives me something to drool over!

Here's some sneakpeek to the soon-to-be-released version of HIP with LTM...

Just to clarify, is my memory slipping, or do you have a font mod running?

Is it intentional that the political mapmode looks somewhat faded?

Saturation is adjustable with an alternate file :) I will however be increasing the default country colour intensity when I get home next week.