Hearts of Iron IV - 43rd Development Diary - 5th of February 2016

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well giving 3 months to BETA and a further 1 month to the corrections/changes made post BETA and 15 days of balancing, we are on target for a - JUNE 22nd Barbarossa Release, are we?? ;)

P.S.: Would be the perfect "Release Date" for HOI4 or for that matter any game based on WW2.

Reactions:
Well giving 3 months to BETA and a further 1 month to the corrections/changes made post BETA and 15 days of balancing, we are on target for a - JUNE 22nd Barbarossa Release, are we?? ;)

P.S.: Would be the perfect "Release Date" for HOI4 or for that matter any game based on WW2.

That would be epic.

Reactions:
Woo-hoo! Beta at last! We'll be playing this before September!

Reactions:
Great DD Podcat, but this is the best part of it:

Then finally I am happy to let you know that our Beta submission was approved yesterday, so we are now officially in Beta. I can't give you any release dates yet, but this is one of the last big steps to nailing one down and saying that the project is on course.

After I read this part, the rest became just miscellaneous noise. :D
Xcom2 came out and HOI4 beta comfirmed today. 2ND BEST DAY EVER. (1st will be the release day ofc:D )

P.S.
Brace yourselves for the 100 daily BETA GOT ACCEPTED threads.

Reactions:
Please for the love of god no arbitrary delays of the games release just to coincide with some sort of WW2 anniversity, i've been waiting long enough.

Reactions:
Congratulations on reaching Beta guys :). That's a big milestone and I'm excited that we're a step closer to release! Now to polish the heck out of the thing!

As for diplomacy I'm very happy to see this getting some much needed love. I know HoI is much more war focused then other Paradox games but diplomacy shouldn't be overlooked. I'm eager to try minor nation faction forming!

Would it be possible to have a game where Axis or/and Communism faction don't exist? Or it would mean 3/4 events didn't fire up, so some country have to start it?

Is it possible for countries to change factions? Like Britain joining The Northern Lights for example?

Also if a coup is successful, does the name and flag of the country change? Like the United States of America becoming the Peoples Republic of America if Communists take over.

To your first question yes, you can leave your faction although in the case of The UK you would need to disband the faction, since you are Allies faction's leader.

To your second question, I know that the flags and names change, but I am not sure if this happens every time you change government type, or if the name change is only during the civil wars, or how exactly this will work.

Reactions:
Meant to add I think it's pretty Awesome Italy is the Tutorial nation AND you can continue to play it after the tutorial is done which is awesome, I hate when you put work into Tutorials and they end after the time you spent in them.
How do you know Italy is the tutorial nation?

Reactions:
To your first question yes, you can leave your faction although in the case of The UK you would need to disband the faction, since you are Allies faction's leader.

Instead of having to disband the entire faction, wouldnt a better option be to have the faction leader change to the country thats the most powerful nation in the faction after you leave?

Like if Britain leaves the Allies then the faction leader would become The United States?

Reactions:
Congratulations to all the team. I'm happy for you that your hard work is really paying off. I'll carry on patiently waiting as I have been because I reckon your going to release a great game and it's going to be with the wait.

How do you know Italy is the tutorial nation?

You can find it in Podcats replies to the Dev Stream on Wed. here WWW

2016-02-03 14:43:23] <PigletCNC> @Paradoxinteractive What do you think is the easiest country to learn this game with? What is this game's 'ireland' region?
- I think Italy is the best since it puts you in a position to test easy combat first, do buildup but not have to do the heavy pulling that germany does. Italy is also the country you play in our tutorial as well.

Reactions:
I had a feeling the beta announcement would be last week, I was only a week off (I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day) :D

This is really exciting though, great dev diary! Can't wait for next weeks.