• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Mongol Swarm arriving to the gates of civilization:

G9koS2H.jpg

Reactions:
gott erhalte franz den kaiser indeed!

DnInWy3.jpg

revoked, it's 1628 and I'm starting to eat the whole europe in large chunks, screw coalitions, my almighty vassals swarm is going to kill you all. i basically killed the reformation and the run was way smoother than i imagined. got guarantor of peace and the pen is mightier than the sword, i already have the kaiser achievement and grand duchy as well, so i was wondering which other ones i might try. i don't think i have the time for a world conquest, so maybe with some island hopping i might go for trade hegemon, four for trade and will probably finally get a family to rule them all. and maybe it's time for black jack as well.

Borders, my perfect borders.

25i13xg.jpg

Europe was usual, Austria went wild north and south, Poland ate everything around, Spain spanked France couple of time, usual 1.14 game. Brandenburg was rather weak, but they called me to war 5 years before end so I had D day on shores of Netherlands.

28c2c6v.jpg

Reactions:
So I did my first custom nation and random new world campaign going for the Ideas Guy achievement. Created a Jewish merchant republic based in Madagascar called appropriately enough Zion. Was going to try to colonize and monopolize the Asian trade coming thru Africa. Definitely a different experience with the RNW. Exploration was pretty exciting to see what would pop-up next. Ended up with clusters of islands. Hopefully they can get that fixed and create some decent sized land masses...

Anyways my run got off to a good start because Castile got walloped early and didn't really buddy up with Portugal until later. Castile had to cough up Leon and Galicia very early and Portugal jumped on some of that land.

nSYVprB.jpg

Austria went full blobbo early and lost the emperorship to....Portugal? Yep they got tied into continental affairs for quite awhile. They kept DOWing on me since I had the Cape locked down but their navy was relative weak and was able to consistently beat them back.

19Y7Q8W.jpg

Things were so crazy in Iberia that even Tunisia got in the act and even had a coalition form.
iiBz6Qw.jpg

Eventually they got kicked out but a healthy Granada formed and was a steady presence for over a century or two. Eventually I rescued it as 2PM and made it a march later in the game.

The other interesting tidbit in this game was that Poland and Lithuania became rivals.

cfaOPPw.jpg

Otherwise game was pretty standard colonize rush and slow expansion into Africa and SE Asia. In one of my wars against Portugal I was able to snipe Goa very early and deny access to India. In fact nobody in that area Westernized. I wanted to try out some different idea groups so went: Exploration, Innovative, Plutocratic, Religious, Maritime, Quantity, Influence, Quality.

Got achievement in 1731 and played until the end to try and restore Jerusalem to the proper faith. Plus I wanted see how much income I could rack up at the end (just over 1k).

World Map
I8WhvYs.jpg

vQkEdC1.jpg

LraEewt.jpg

80cacu3.jpg

7DQBSGH.jpg

4rYD99b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
So I decided to start my first custom nation game (I'll play the custom nation when other nations are historical). By time I shall tell you more about my game as my game goes on. Now, let me tell you the tale about group of mighty Finns fleeing from the tyranny of Swedes, Danish and Russians.

It all started from a cunning young lady called Hellä Aava (Hellä translates to Tender/Gentle. Aava means vast/open, mostly used with aava meri which means open sea) had experienced during her short life nefarious oppression carried out by the Swedes. She had decided it is time to act. Realizing that the poor Finns wouldn't have any change beating the Swedes alone, especially when Denmark is their ruler, she comprehended that the only way of saving this amazing culture and folk of Finns was by moving, settling somewhere else, far away from the Swedes. She was able to summon vast amount of like-minded Finns with whom she seized some ships from their overlords. Like the vikings in the past (some parts of Finland was historically occupied by vikings) they set sail without destination, knowing that they wanted to go somewhere south as they were bored with the cold Finnish weather.

After months of sailing they arrived to the coasts of Africa, more closely to Ifni, now known as Suomenniemi (meaning Cape of Finland). It was like magic. Hellä did't know why she wanted to land here but she felt that this was the place, the location for Finns to thrive and blossom. Of course these men and women of north needed more living space so they acquired it: with force, diplomacy and wisdom. Soon they had conquered parts of southern Morocco. They also tricked Madeira (now known as Sirpalesaari = Shard Island) from the Portuguese and The Canarians from Castille (Suvisaaret = "Summer" islands). They colonized the Merenhelmi (Cape Verde = Pearl of Ocean) and Aavansaksa (Aava's germany/open sea's germany = Arguin). Hellä found her capital close to gold mines, as she though it would be only proper to have an "golden" capital, to the formely known Tafilalt. Hellä renamed it as Taivaankansi (something like the lid/cover of the sky, rim of the sky?). The whole heartland of this new Finnish ruled state were renamed with Finnish toponyms: Hellänkaupunki, Syvänsi, Iltavuoret, Tanssiranta, Pyhäjoki, Rauha, Liljaylänkö) Hellä also gave birth to her sage daughter, the future queen, princess Ilta (=eve). They both are 6/6/4 rulers. Their mission? To colonize the world, to populate the planet with Finns, to prove to Swedes that they aren't only a underdeveloped small folk in the woods. The state of Finns were named as Aavansuomi (dynasty's name is Aava and Suomi=Finland, so it's Aava's Finland or Open sea's Finland).

And this is when I started to play. First years of my game? Trying to develop my technology and ideas so I could start colonizing Americas. I conquered Figuig from Tlemecen and split it to two parts: Algeria and diminished Tlemecen. Now I'm targeting to make one of the nations around me as my vassal whom I can feed with provinces (not fan of the berber traditions). Of course I'll try to expand my domain with few provinces in order to compete in the future against Iberian powers. Anyhow I'm trying my best to start colonizing as early as I can be. Propably not a problem as I rule Cape Verde. My traditions are set to improve trade and colonization. I think Aavansuomi isn't too easy country to play as it's weak when compared to Tunis and Iberian countries. Even Morocco/Tlemecen at the moment could take me down together. I'm a catholic and a western country but quite poor, actually Taivaankansi is the only really prosperous province. A bit away situated from European politics but that will change if I'm to expand into northern Africa, maybe even to iberia, just for the fun of it.

Gonna be a fun game and tale.
nTW4FLX.jpg
[/IMG]
nTW4FLX.jpg
[/IMG]
euro.jpg
euro.jpg
euro.jpg

The Mongol Swarm arriving to the gates of civilization:

G9koS2H.jpg
Got any tips for an aspiring mongolia player? The start in particular.

PWSAMTl.png

Senātus Populusque Rōmānus in the year of Our Lord, 1469; during the reign of Consul Cato Calpurnia.

The Roman Republic is prospering! We have valiantly united the Central Apennine plains with the help of our allies in Lombardia and the false Caesar in Noricum. With their help, we avenged the injustice brought upon our Greek brethren in 1204 by bringing Venetia to heel before us. Upon our final victory over Venetia, the Roman people went to war alone against the Mahomedian heathen, and brought great victory and the restoration of the ancient Graecia to the Republic. With the restoration of Republican authority over Greece, the Republic plainly awaits for the opportunity to strike fear into the hearts of the enemies of the Republic.

We believe that the time is nigh to revisit an old enemy from many many millennia ago. The fires of our ancient defeat at Cannae burn brightest in the eyes of Roma's mighty soldiers, who still seek to show who shall be the dominion of the Mare Nostrum.

But we shall also never forget Nova Roma, and the cry of the Greek faithful under the yoke of these now-sedentary nomads. Their freedom shall be our cause as well.

Ave!

Reactions:
My 1.14 Byzie campaign.

FD63ADDC2BF38FB3DFF7725E6CB1A7C3DFF6CC13

Went fairly well, I haven't much experience with late game so I was a bit slower to start conquering Europe than I could've been. Didn't bother conquering east for little reason other than not wanting to.

Poland -> Commonwealth was my ally for pretty much the whole game. Don't think he was in the first Otto war.

GB imploded a good while ago due to the Dutch, who still own Norfolk, and Cornwall and Norway were released. Cornwall did the best out of them, as you can see.

PU'd and integrated France then PU'd Scandinavia way too close to the end date to do anything about it.

D8B110A18CD54FD97A7B8BC810CDA7BEB974AB24

Didn't manage to core and convert the provinces in my last war. Could've conquered more but learned much. Lesson 1; go admin ideas earlier.

8AEBCB185AB4D9142615EE39E680F777D2333600

90B6B4A566C7F1B86DB6A8822F7455FA64D65561

GG, was fun.

Reactions: