• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enemy armies can always move into a province with a fort in it (a design oversight in my opinion) and a broken fort in a single location would result in the enemy pouring into the undefended heartlands. If you stagger them only so slightly, you can force the enemy to navigate an intricate web of fortress zones of control.

Reactions:
so i need to build second row or third like walls of constantinople :p
In that case they can ignore the first row since they can walk right through it.

Reactions:
۱۶۰۰ امپراتوری ایران(Persian Empire 1600s)

Religion map

Diplomatic Map

Attachments

• İran.png
    İran.png
    107,3 KB · Views: 44
Reactions:
My Venice-Italy :

In game :
eu4_489.jpg

The world map (no colonies, I really focused on Europe)
eu4_map_ITA_1821_01_01_1.png

The religious map (I converted (almost) all my territory to catholicism)
eu4_490.jpg

My only regret is that I did not have time to finish France and the UK and have a proper Roman Empire.

I was allied during most of the game to France, Irak and Poland, but I betrayed them one after the other. Shame. France was protecting Genoa, Irak was in the way and Poland attacked a country which was protected by the then OPM Bavaria, one of my allies.

Just finished my Ideas Guy run - actually my first time properly playing a custom nation. Needless to say, I went bonkers with my starting monarchs, tech, and ideas, and went with the babby Cape start. Finished the game with 1366 ducats/month, so if I were just a tad more proactive, I could've also done the achievement at triple the difficulty :) Also raised cape to 80 development, unlocking all building slots. Now that's what I call the city of World's Desire! And that's before considering that it produces coffee to boot! :D

The nation is named after an old strategy game that I used to play in my childhood called Genesia, a.k.a. Ultimate Domain. Used to love it back then :)
Anyway, here's the old world:
dwtSMmz.jpg

Now, where it actually gets interesting is in the RNW:

ExGd4i7.jpg

That's the most awesome looking RNW I've seen yet. A crab claw, half an alligator, and a little dragon. Names are self-explanatory. Sadly, I largely ignored the AI colonies for a large part of the game, so when I eventually did get around to gobbling them up, there wasn't enough time remaining to nom it all. Bugger.

Oh well, at least I've officially discovered the coolest named province and wasteland in EU4:

DPsnYJk.jpg

Polar Blade next to Hammer Ridge, right up in the very north of the map. Ooooh boy, tourism should become quite lucrative there in the future. I reckon it will become a popular site for Scandinavian metal bands :D

Yeah, the new RNW has certainly kept me entertained this playthrough. GJ Paradox!

EDIT: Oh, right, forgot the final screen:
WmOwcZG.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
My Burgundy > Netherlands with the sole intention of becoming the HRE while still being a Dutch Republic. That meant I had to join the Empire as Burgundy, Proclaim Erbkaiserturm, and form the Netherlands.

ED4FC6C744BF2C2517A8FE0583BA7115DB2C15BF

706906C4265516F07B3EF7B5D66B06096183DC72

Portugal became the Emperor during the League Wars, so I just decided to go Protestant.

9406CA28741253766DC605E20E172F2F5CDCAD4B

All of my colonies were established while I was still Burgundy, so you won't be seeing an orange Australia.

260D307DA4422030F94EC1DEB5F9EC8764BD7A8F

This was right before the Cossacks update. I would have gone up to 1820, but the game crashes after a few ticks. :(

My Burgundy > Netherlands with the sole intention of becoming the HRE while still being a Dutch Republic. That meant I had to join the Empire as Burgundy, Proclaim Erbkaiserturm, and form the Netherlands.

ED4FC6C744BF2C2517A8FE0583BA7115DB2C15BF

706906C4265516F07B3EF7B5D66B06096183DC72

Portugal became the Emperor during the League Wars, so I just decided to go Protestant.

9406CA28741253766DC605E20E172F2F5CDCAD4B

All of my colonies were established while I was still Burgundy, so you won't be seeing an orange Australia.

260D307DA4422030F94EC1DEB5F9EC8764BD7A8F

This was right before the Cossacks update. I would have gone up to 1820, but the game crashes after a few ticks. :(
Why is that one sea tile beside England undiscovered?

Holy Trinity:
Fairly conventional run. Joined HRE, best friends with Austria until about 1760. Began with conquering Venice, then Serbia, Crimean Genoa, then up through Poland and Lithuania towards the Baltic. Helped greatly by the lack of a Poland-Lithuania union. Achievement at 1692. Then I just aimed for a Papal Europe with happy Marches and nice borders.
Oh, and Poland makes a good march too.

36A24F9A72CF865A4CAFBACD761A4E9E741ED992

2CA4858682BB1D6C64F7CE3E176D8FFD02C1509C

Reactions:
Behold, the Venetian Trade Empire, the lands of the Doge of Venice, Protector of the Holy Land and the Land of Egypt, Lord of the Po, Overlord of Genoa and Constantinople and Protector of the Catalan and Greek Peoples.
6D86aEj.jpg

Had quite a bit of fun, specially when I was starting to invade the Levant. I eventually set up Karaman as a friendly trade-steerer to replace the Ottomans, that are now owning only two provinces in Greece. I finally hit my objective of(exactly!) 1000 development by taking Corsica and Lika from a Tuscany+Hungary alliance.
Allies were France and Poland, then later on the Sultanate of Karaman. Once or twice I lost the alliance with the French but I only needed to shift a few rivalries and I got it back in a month or two. Poland was pretty much a non-factor, the only time they actually helped was during a Ottomans+Mamluks coalition war.

Administrative+Defensive is very powerful when you have the vast and endless coffers of Venice at your disposal. You can just keep throwing mercs to replenish your already superior morale and not have to bother too much. I spent much of my peacetime with only cav and artillery up. By the end I could afford to maintain 24 merc regiments in total, and still easily support 24 more in case of war.

Last edited:
Welcome to my first Byzantium game people.

n4hRyXb.jpg

My allies are: Austria, Münster, Persia, Russia and Great Britain.

I6nZExv.jpg

I punished Venice for what they did to me in 1204.

1lxbdaz.jpg

I took quantity and quality ideas, so my army is the biggest and best in the world, never westernized though, I could easily keep up with tech.

bGX47Tq.jpg

After my conquest of southern Italy, Napels now lives in Tunesia, note the amount of land I took away from them.

dVyigQv.jpg

I conquered Jerusalem...

LikFYNE.jpg

...and Mecca.

dZuFXoX.jpg

France was busy eating India.

DsxNAUJ.jpg

Southeast Asia is just a mess.

ZTGxKt0.jpg

New world, not much of note here, except that Canada is kicking USA's ass.

ksMwSoB.jpg

Qing actually formed.

W5X9X44.jpg

The stats...

Oh yes, all of this land is now Orthodox, I think I did quite well for a first run :)

Reactions: