• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Boy howdy this argument again. I have to admit that it is a argument that brings great amount of memories back like that of the first and second senate sessions back when the worlds was new and ours to conquer. However I think that the arguments for alliances are actually good ones now particularity due to the ring of allies that Pisa has made. Even if we focused on just two, Pisa and Caledonia, we could be able to honestly handle the Xenoi long enough in a war to make it too much of a hassle to attack because honestly we can't afford another bad war with the Xenoi and we that flank stable and then we could practically do as we wish in the east.

Boy howdy this argument again. I have to admit that it is a argument that brings great amount of memories back like that of the first and second senate sessions back when the worlds was new and ours to conquer. However I think that the arguments for alliances are actually good ones now particularity due to the ring of allies that Pisa has made. Even if we focused on just two, Pisa and Caledonia, we could be able to honestly handle the Xenoi long enough in a war to make it too much of a hassle to attack because honestly we can't afford another bad war with the Xenoi and we that flank stable and then we could practically do as we wish in the east.

Becoming Allies with Pisans is a choice that will be difficult to swallow, but it would eliminate one of the big four (Timurids, Xenoi, Pisa, Horde). But doesn't Pisa hate us, don't they want our provinces and have a lot of AE towards us? Moldav and Poland form the buffer states to the Horde but Moldav is overrun by Mongols. The Timurids have our lands, which must be answered. We must reestablish the buffer states to the Horde and retake our lands in the East from the Timurids. Step Two, push to establish Taurinca and Mesopotamia as vassals/provinces of the Imperium, to give us room against these Mongol fiends. Step Three, wait for the LA to be lowered to reasonable levels. Step Four, engage Pisa and/or the Xenoi to reclaim Western Europe. Hispania and Occitania first.

From what i understand China is the only viable option for an alliance but for role play purposes i don't see the Empire forming an alliance with a non christian orthodox very easily. Also since we haven't seen anything from their point of view they may be in a worst condition than the Empire right now. But on the other hand they are placed in a way that puts them in direct contact with 2 of the main adversaries of Rome plus indirect contact with the xenoi animals over the pacific

I think the Imperium hates Pisa more than Pisa hates us, at least role-play wise. The Xenoi are an existential threat to them and the Imperium could be their best hope of surviving. From their perspective the Imperium, even though it has been aggressive towards them, is clearly the lesser of two evils. If we make an effort of reconciliation there might be reason to remove the historical enemies modifier, since it will be objectively in both countries interests to work together at least until the Xenoi are no longer a threat.

Sure, they want Italy. But France would be just as valuable and would secure their western flank.

It would be interesting to see the current relations we have with all major powers (broken down into factors)

I think the Imperium hates Pisa more than Pisa hates us, at least role-play wise. The Xenoi are an existential threat to them and the Imperium could be their best hope of surviving. From their perspective the Imperium, even though it has been aggressive towards them, is clearly the lesser of two evils. If we make an effort of reconciliation there might be reason to remove the historical enemies modifier, since it will be objectively in both countries interests to work together at least until the Xenoi are no longer a threat.

Sure, they want Italy. But France would be just as valuable and would secure their western flank.

It would be interesting to see the current relations we have with all major powers (broken down into factors)

good idea, we can send a delegation of senators to the pisans and use our high diplomacy skills to convince them to be our friends. Or the senators will do such a poor job Pisa will declare war and summon the Aztecs to help them...

OK, small update - the incoming chapter continued to grow so I had to split it in two. Because of this I must refurbish the first part; it is possible that I'll end it and release it today (Warsaw time) but if I won't make it, I'll release it tomorrow.

The Banquet starts on Monday/Tuesday and shall last until Saturday/Sunday.

I really wish I had more time for writing but one has to make do with what available time he has. Considering how slowly things are progressing it is very possible that I'll have to suspend the AAR at some point in order to prepare the transition to 1.15. Right now it seems that working both on the mod and AAR leads nowhere - spending time on mod leaves too little time for releasing AAR chapters as per the schedule and writing can take so much time sometimes that there is none left for the mod (this weekend for instance I spent 0 minutes on the mod). It can't go on like this if the mod is ever going to be released and this AAR reach the end of EU4 - and that's even without considering my other obligations which started to pile-up recently.

Just letting you know.
Yeah, I think it would make sense to suspend the AAR in order to work on the mod. Don't worry, as you saw the AAR has a very patient and solid fan base so I doubt anyone would run off if the AAR is suspended for a while :)

Btw, I'm not a very experienced EU4 player, but I think an alliance with Pisa does make more sense than the other nations, rp-wise too.
I also agree that the Bahmanis can be valuable allies, but there could also be many other valuable allies around the globe- maybe someone from American, or someone like Japan or Ryukyu or China, and or others we don't even know yet. Which is why exploration is very important :D
About Pisa, I think they are currently my favorite nation, and I like Caledonia and Mali too. I think it's really interesting and cool how all of them survived without being super powers, and all are intriguing- Pisa is the last Republic, Caledonia the last Catholic nation and Mali is... Mali.

Reactions:
It is said that the Timurids used elephants which had cannons mounted on them. The Imperium needs to find its super weapon.

I propose we use a combination of public executions of deserters, burnings of heretics, faith in the LORD, and the implementation of Imperial Commissars in every Tagma. This will increase moral, motivation, and organization of our forces to make them invincible.

It is said that the Timurids used elephants which had cannons mounted on them. The Imperium needs to find its super weapon.
Don't we have Greek fire land cannons yet? And for sure we have Fire weapons on the Galleass's of the empire even if they're to be found on the bottom of the sea over and over again.

Reactions:
Bad news - I think I've got a flu or something (whatever it is I feel like shit), no update today.

Reactions:
From a roleplay point of view, if the Greek Fire does indeed have a formula then I am sure we can rediscover it. Of course we need to combine it with competent naval leadership for it to be effective.
Well there is a decision for it but it is very costly. You can look at the Session when the Megas Droungarios was poisoned to see it

Reactions:
Bad news - I think I've got a flu or something (whatever it is I feel like shit), no update today.
Do not fret Emperor Czoklet. We, your loyal subjects, will remain here in antic-
latest

pation!

Get better soon Czo. :)

Reactions: