• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, his suggestion is to streamline the cost it takes to integrate a province into your domain so that way the rules of the game regarding this topic don't change nearly every single patch. I'm fairly sure that's healthier for the game, and it also addresses an oft-complained aspect of the game (hostile core creation cost modifiers).
I understand the point but to me that is dumbing down the game so no thanks.

Reactions:
I understand the point but to me that is dumbing down the game so no thanks.

I'm sorry, how is removing the ridiciously optimal RCC dumbing down the game? How dumb do you need to be to realise a nation with RCC is going to be better than one that doesn't have it? I realised that within the first couple of hours of playing.

Find me the person who can hand on heart say that Millets is not the best idea in the game bar none.

Maybe people in multiplayer would think about what a nation has in the sum of its parts, rather than a blank and white checklist of "Does it have RCC? Yeah? Cool, I'm picking this one".

WC can be done with any nation, you don't need RCC to pull it off, but it is the source of most of the harshest imbalances.

Reactions:
I'm sorry, how is removing the ridiciously optimal RCC dumbing down the game? How dumb do you need to be to realise a nation with RCC is going to be better than one that doesn't have it? I realised that within the first couple of hours of playing.

Find me the person who can hand on heart say that Millets is not the best idea in the game bar none.

Maybe people in multiplayer would think about what a nation has in the sum of its parts, rather than a blank and white checklist of "Does it have RCC? Yeah? Cool, I'm picking this one".
Because it removes choice, it removes another layer of strategy; that change is in line with the very simplistic tech "tree".

I have the same problem with my 13" 1080p laptop screen, but honestly how many games have you really played that address this issue? I just run games at some non-native resolution and never really had any problems. Adding aspect ratios in addition to dimensions in the video options UI would be nice though.
Many games address this issue, and considering that I bought a 4K monitor to play games at 4K, I would much appreciate being able to see the UI in that resolution as the game actually supports it. It's strange to see that the game actually supports a resolution without being able to properly scale the UI.

Oh glorious and most benevolent Wiz. Tell me what arcane ritual I must perform to convince you that there should be some mechanic for the Ming that is an alternative to westernizing.

Some of us would like to role play a bit and stick to Chinese not European ways and not be doomed because of a greatly diminished army size from the combination of -forcelimits and + autonomy in late game wars against Russia.

I understand limiting China from expanding. Perhaps make China pay way more to core? Maybe make China get a HUGE penalty to non accepted cultures forcing them to culture concert. Remove their ability to fabricate claims and replace it events that give claims on modern day China. I'm sure you can find a way without annihilating their army and economy.

One thing is to nerf them, another is to trash them. If the issue was related to the excessive points gained by razing then the obvious fix was to reduce the amount of points gained by razing. Simple enough don´t you think? Not only they reduced the points by up to 80% but they also increased the unrest to the point of making rebellions unavoidable in razed provinces* and messed with the horde shock bonus despite that being completely unrelated with the issues at hand. You´ll see less experienced players struggling to avoid being overrun by rebels and experienced players resorting to very unorthodox tactics as workarounds. If it were not for the workarounds I would go as far as saying that the pre-Cossacks Hordes were substantially more fun (less rebels=more fun for most people) if they had access to the new units.

*btw razing is pretty much the only way to keep the Horde Unity very high to avoid rebellions from low unity and the civil war disaster.
If you read my post again you'll see that I'm not saying that all of the nerfs are good or anything of the sort. I'm asking why some people in this thread seem to be opposed to any kind of a nerf to the hordes, even though they are clearly overpowered.

I must say that this patch is a huge improvement. Making the systems more transparent and improving UI are significant for modders and players. Particularly I like the horses. :)

And the summary of bonuses could be a very handy tool for debugging and simplifying the bonuses a bit! :)

If you read my post again you'll see that I'm not saying that all of the nerfs are good or anything of the sort. I'm asking why some people in this thread seem to be opposed to any kind of a nerf to the hordes, even though they are clearly overpowered.

We're not. A lot of the horde players have acknowledged that they're too strong and have proposed their own nerfs to the problems at hand that address the mechanics without killing hordes entirely.

We're not. A lot of the horde players have acknowledged that they're too strong and have proposed their own nerfs to the problems at hand that address the mechanics without killing hordes entirely.
Yes many of you are doing that, which is why I said "some people in this thread." If you haven't seen these individuals who are against nerfing the hordes, some even against nerfing razing, then you can just go through the last 10 pages of this thread and you'll find their posts. They are certainly the minority, but my question was targeted at them, not those that are for nerfing and are just against the way it is being done. Not sure why people feel the need to respond to a post that obviously doesn't apply to them.

Will you be adding more estates?

Have you considered allowing the Hordes to also have the Clergy and Burgher estates?

What about allowing Western nations to have Cossacks? Since they currently disappear when an eastern power westernizes.

What about allowing Western nations to have Cossacks? Since they currently disappear when an eastern power westernizes.
The game files say that Cossacks are triggered by having the Eastern unit group, not the Eastern tech group.

Reactions:
For the most part, I like the changes, but I think that 10 unrest should be changed to, say maybe 5? Little more manageable then.

Also, for the sake of Timmy and QQ, remove the -25% shock in mountains, and just don't give hordes a bonus in mountains instead.

I think those two small changes would fix most complaints in this thread :)

Reactions:
The game files say that Cossacks are triggered by having the Eastern unit group, not the Eastern tech group.

Oh.

I would still like to see Cossacks available to Western Powers.

Will the new patch mean I have to restart my ironman games for them to count as 'ironman saves'? I seem to remember last time having a game started and then it becoming a normal game after 1.14, which wasn't much of a problem as it was still the 1400s but I've got a nice game going as Byzantium and I would rather not have to start this process again (although playing Byzantium is fun :)) so any info on the release date of 1.15 or its effect on my ironman save will help, I'm about 1/3 of the way through the game so it shouldn't be much of a problem if the patch comes out in more than a week from now... thanks for the help :)

It probably will. I would recommend not updating until you finish your game.

For example, knowledge of the French Region will spread to a country if any of the following are true:
- That country or its overlord has discovered any one province in the French region at least 20 years ago.
Could you please also add subjects to that list? Doesn't make any sense that a vassal can know and complain about countries you don't know about.

I mathematical terms, each coutry's knowledge should be a union of all the geographical knowledge of your overlord and your subjects.

Haven't played hordes nor had much trouble with them but again I feel that changing mechanics that may have worked for normal because the exploiters crowd fiund a way to exploit them is a bad move, they always will find something to exploit. Myself I dont see if they want to cheat why they don't use the console or mods like everyone else.
Point is it didn't work. Player behaviour was nothing like Paradox intended. There's no cheating involved, only taking advantage of OP mechanics.

I'm not sure I get this one, seems clunky at best, why not a "hold down shift to display second set of fastmaps, or shift+down/up to toggle through a number of such bars, like mmorpgs do with their action bars.
Do you enjoy RSI? I sure don't.