• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, the posts are mostly about Infamy and people complaining about it, so....

Loud minority... ever heard of this? And people should remember: This forum isn't the whole playership of CK2...

Reactions:
You know, I was a little doubtful of the coming dlc, but this patch sounds fantastic. Okay so Conclave is the tenth and final expansion right? I'm getting tired of giving Paradox all my money for this game. I need money for HOI4 and Stellaris.

Umm... Source?

Reactions:
You know, I was a little doubtful of the coming dlc, but this patch sounds fantastic. Okay so Conclave is the tenth and final expansion right? I'm getting tired of giving Paradox all my money for this game. I need money for HOI4 and Stellaris.

I hope not !. i want them to keep on releasing more expansions.. More content.. I need more MORE MORE !

Reactions:
History is no longer executed if the player loads a game?

Goddamn you Paradox! You've ruined the game!

I'm out! I'm never playing again!

...Until Conclave is released, and even then I may play "informal" games to keep me busy.

Reactions:
History is no longer executed if the player loads a game?

Goddamn you Paradox! You've ruined the game!

I'm out! I'm never playing again!

...Until Conclave is released, and even then I may play "informal" games to keep me busy.

Yeah i just read that twice.. So we get no history if we Re load a save game ?.

That is stupid

Reactions:
Would some one mind explaining the hate for infamy please?

First of all the way i see it infamy serves two purposes:

1. It provides a limit on how fast a nation can expand. Giving the underdogs a chance to catch up by banding together against a common foe. This is a good and necessary feature IMHO as it keeps the game interesting and challenging even in the later stages of the game. One of the most common pitfalls of 4x games (and Paradox GS games for that matter) is the snowball effect that makes the late game utterly pointless. Infamy can at least diminish this effect.

2. It helps the AI understand how well a certain nation is doing with its expansion and thus if it needs to be contained or not. While this is a fairly obvious thing for a human player i can imagine it would be really hard to teach an AI when it needs to keep the player in check and when not to. Boiling it down to a single number allows the AI to get a somewhat reasonable idea of how it is supposed to act. Once again this is a really important part of the game IMHO and sets Paradox apart from the rest of the pack.

Now CK2 did not use any infamy system unlike most Paradox GS games. I think it is because in the vanilla game it was really hard to actually get a CB. With all the expansions though it has become really easy to go to war. You have Factions that make going to war with your liege more viable and adds more options as well, you have Vikings, Hordes, Byzantine Imperial Reconquest and Republics all with their own set of CBs. This has lead to the game being way faster paced than before and now devs are planing to cancel that out.

While you can always discuss how harsh infamy should be i have no problem with the current level of infamy in EU4. To be frank if anything i would like to see it getting a buff. The only time i have had any trouble with it was in my Brandenburger in to Germany game where i ended up annexing Bavaria sized chunks of the HRE without claims. If the same is true for CK2 i am totally fine with it. You will most likely not get a coalition if you grab a county here and there but if you grab the Byzantine Empire in one go, getting the AI to do something about it should be fair.

As far as i know, there has been no information on how harsh the infamy system will be. So what exactly is up with all the hate? Why cant we wait and see the actual numbers and then make an informed judgment?

Reactions:
TP6RzOp.png

Well since respectively disagree means agree and Agree means Strongly agree, it means everyone supports the idea. Because apparently the rating system means whatever you want it to mean.

Reactions:
Yeah i just read that twice.. So we get no history if we Re load a save game ?.

That is stupid
History isn't read because doing so messes up some things in saved games (changed flags, changed de jure) would be my assumption.

Reactions:
So the conclave hype train is leaving the station.

Reactions:
1. It provides a limit on how fast a nation can expand. Giving the underdogs a chance to catch up by banding together against a common foe. This is a good and necessary feature IMHO as it keeps the game interesting and challenging even in the later stages of the game.

What about other paradox games makes you think it will remotely accomplish anything related to that outcome?

Reactions:
Loud minority...

Do you have evidence to support that?

Well since respectively disagree means agree and Agree means Strongly agree, it means everyone supports the idea. Because apparently the rating system means whatever you want it to mean.

Right, because when people disagree with a thread called "Stopping the Snowball" entirely about the new infamy system, there is no possible way one could infer that they disapprove of infamy. That would mean that a=b also means b=a, right?

Reactions:
It's my second most played game as well. With Conclave I think it will become first... :cool:
CK II is my fourth place. But the 3rd one (FTL: Faster Than Light) is only 7 hours away. ;)
EUIV is 2nd placed with a huge lead and Kerbal Space Program is 1st placed with almost double the playtime of EUIV.

Gosh! I lost so many hours days to Paradox games.

Reactions:
Right, because when people disagree with a thread called "Stopping the Snowball" entirely about the new infamy system, there is no possible way one could infer that they disapprove of infamy. That would mean that a=b also means b=a, right?
Hey, I'm just using the same logic people use to say that their disagree vote means something. I'm going to disagree with this post because I don't like the mechanic. If you can claim that you can use the disagree/agree function anyway you want, I can interpret your use any way I want.

Reactions:
Guys, with the patch coming out in only a couple of weeks could we maybe table the bitching about infamy and the bitching about people bitching about infamy?

There is no point in it at this point. What's done is done. Infamy is coming and there is nothing that can stop it. PD is not going to remove such a major patch feature this close to it going live unless something truly catastrophic happens. Like, I don't know, the code for Infamy causing everyone in the game world to spontaneously turn into a hedgehog.

All that is left to do is wait and see who ends up being right.

Reactions:
Well, the posts are mostly about Infamy and people complaining about it, so....
And? Again, the Paradox forums have been shown to be not fully representative of the playerbase. In addition, you cannot ascribe all of the agree/disagrees solely to the Infamy system, as other topics were touched upon.

Reactions:
Paradox for the win, CK2 is My most played game since Morrowind.
I was thinking of starting up a new game of Morrowind recently...

Reactions: